Notices

Subban fined for Slewfoot

Old
01-21-2012, 07:18 PM
MaritimeHockeyNut
BRUINSrCHAMPS nextyr

vCash: 500
Subban fined for Slewfoot

Didnt see this anywhere. Seeing how my other thread went well thought this was interesting. Personally... Slewfoot yes. Penalty totally agree. Deserved a review and a fine. meh... I think thats a bit overkill. Just curious if others think that shanny missed the boat on Subban and his elbow on krejci so he fined Subban on this meh call so when he does hurt someone... which he will... he gets his marchand style?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=385690

MaritimeHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

He got the fine because he's done a lot of other stuff lately that almost came up to the level of league attention and he gave Shannahan an excuse to call him up for it. A lot like the Marchand situation in that sense.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Marchand was fined the same amount for slewfooting. If Shanahan had ruled any differently, I would have gone to New York and slewfooted him myself.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 08:28 PM
Kiss My Rask
VGHC

He absolutely spat at Del Zotto too.. On a side note id love del Zotto in a bruins uniform

Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:43 AM
Hockeyfan68

I watched this game, the announcer was upset because he said Subban does this all the time and never gets caught. Good to see that he was ... so Canadiens fans can have a "dirty player" like Marchand on their team now. lol.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:28 AM
skullguise
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to skullguise
It wasn't horrible, but it WAS a slewfoot, and coming agaionst the boards with some speed. COULD have been an injury that resulted, though glad it didn't.

That borderline stuff that doesn't get called, and people get away with it, is what gets me. It caught up with, and steamrolled over, Marchand; it should catch up with others who do it too.

skullguise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 11:42 AM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullguise View Post
It wasn't horrible, but it WAS a slewfoot, and coming agaionst the boards with some speed. COULD have been an injury that resulted, though glad it didn't.

That borderline stuff that doesn't get called, and people get away with it, is what gets me. It caught up with, and steamrolled over, Marchand; it should catch up with others who do it too.
IMO, the elbow to Krejci was worse, especially since the league has now decided to take intent into consideration when offering supplemental penalties.

I mean what else could he possibly have intended to do with the hit on Krejci, other than injure him?

sarge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 11:46 AM
MaritimeHockeyNut
BRUINSrCHAMPS nextyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88 View Post
IMO, the elbow to Krejci was worse, especially since the league has now decided to take intent into consideration when offering supplemental penalties.

I mean what else could he possibly have intended to do with the hit on Krejci, other than injure him?
WRONG! That was against a bruin. Therefore totally acceptible! lol

MaritimeHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote