HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-purpose trade rumors and speculation thread #2

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2012, 12:17 AM
Mafoofoo
Custom User Title

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Dude, I wish they'd trade us Kadri for Couture, that kids got so much potential! He might one day be an NHL player, what's Couture got?
Pffft Burke hangs up the phone laughing unless it's Couture + Pavelski + 1rst 2012 for Kadri.

Old
01-25-2012, 12:19 AM
Negatively Positive
Stop Lying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Pffft Burke hangs up the phone laughing unless it's Couture + Pavelski + 1rst 2012 for Kadri.
You forgot Colin White. That youngster will turn out to be a stud defenseman.

Old
01-25-2012, 12:53 AM
Lebanezer

Doug Wilson is trying to redo the 2003 draft so Parise would make sense if he pursues him. He corrected Michalek with Burns, now he just has to find a way to get Zach in teal. I'm thinking Clowe and a 1st in 2012. I am dreaming again though.

For the record I don't care if we trade Clowe in case that wasn't obvious.

Old
01-25-2012, 12:54 AM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

We are going to acquire Parise and Callahan. I thought it was common knowledge.

Old
01-25-2012, 01:02 AM
Franchise13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Mallard View Post
We are going to acquire Parise and Callahan. I thought it was common knowledge.
...and Kane

...and Ryan, duh.

Old
01-25-2012, 01:17 AM
Mafoofoo
Custom User Title

and Suter
and Backstrom (the swede)
and Getzlaf
and Vanek
and Kopitar
and Doughty

Marleau-Thornton-Vanek
Ryan-Getzlaf-Kane
Couture-Backstrom-Kopitar
Parise-Pavelski-Callahan

Suter-Burns
Vlasic-Doughty
Demers-Boyle

Niemi
Griess

Yeah I'd say we have a pretty good chance at a cup.

Old
01-25-2012, 01:25 AM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:

Marleau-Thornton-Vanek
Ryan-Getzlaf-Kane
Parise-Pavelski-Callahan
First line are chokers, second are lazy, third are too soft. 4th line is clutch but they only play 5 minutes a game. I don't think we can win, especially with Niemi in the net.

Old
01-25-2012, 01:26 AM
Negatively Positive
Stop Lying!

Quote:
and Suter
and Backstrom (the swede)
and Getzlaf
and Vanek
and Kopitar
and Doughty

Marleau-Thornton-Vanek
Ryan-Getzlaf-Kane
Parise-Pavelski-Callahan

Suter-Burns
Vlasic-Doughty
Demers-Boyle

Niemi
Griess

Yeah I'd say we have a pretty good chance at a cup.
Why is Demers and Niemi in there? Are you trying to at least make it a challenge? Might as well go all the way and get Karlsson and Thomas.

Old
01-25-2012, 09:52 AM
Les Wynan*

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...-thoughts.html

Quote:
A couple of teams think Buffalo's Paul Gaustad would be a very nice fit in San Jose. That kind of big, depth centre is exactly the kind of player the Sharks eye. Another GM said he could see Wild defender Marek Zidlicky being a possibility there, too. He's out of favour in Minnesota and those two teams like dealing with one another.
So is every GM in the league clueless as to the Sharks' needs or just the ones Friedman talked to this week? Because clearly what the team could really use is a ninth defenseman and Paul ****ing Gaustad. That'll solve everything.

Old
01-25-2012, 10:08 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Wynan View Post

So is every GM in the league clueless as to the Sharks' needs or just the ones Friedman talked to this week? Because clearly what the team could really use is a ninth defenseman and Paul ****ing Gaustad. That'll solve everything.
Seriously, who would we bump from the lineup for Guastad heh? Let alone Zidlicky, when we already have Braun/Demers...

Old
01-25-2012, 10:14 AM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Wynan View Post

Gaustad is not what the Sharks need but considering A. Murray is forever in the dog house - Gaustad is a pretty huge upgrade over him on the 4th line.

Everyone (hockey writers) seems to think the Sharks are looking to add a d-man, obviously no one around here thinks it's needed but there may be something to it.

Old
01-25-2012, 10:34 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
Gaustad is not what the Sharks need but considering A. Murray is forever in the dog house - Gaustad is a pretty huge upgrade over him on the 4th line.

Everyone (hockey writers) seems to think the Sharks are looking to add a d-man, obviously no one around here thinks it's needed but there may be something to it.
The only way we can add a d-man is if Braun is sent down (and that's tough to believe since he's played better than Demers) or Demers/Murray is traded. If Murray is traded, and we DONT bring in Stuart, I'm just going to bang my head into the desk. I can't see spending assets on a dman that would be an upgrade over Demers/Braun making much sense.

If the issue is our scoring from the defense, that is NOT a personnel issue, that's a coaching/strategy issue.

Old
01-25-2012, 10:44 AM
stalockrox

Quote:
The only way we can add a d-man is if Braun is sent down (and that's tough to believe since he's played better than Demers) or Demers/Murray is traded. If Murray is traded, and we DONT bring in Stuart, I'm just going to bang my head into the desk. I can't see spending assets on a dman that would be an upgrade over Demers/Braun making much sense.

If the issue is our scoring from the defense, that is NOT a personnel issue, that's a coaching/strategy issue.
I didn't say it made any sense at all...just that I've read it in multiple places. I don't see them adding (or moving) a d-man.

And Stuart is not going to be traded this season...that whole article was speculation AFTER this year.

Old
01-25-2012, 11:16 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
I didn't say it made any sense at all...just that I've read it in multiple places. I don't see them adding (or moving) a d-man.

And Stuart is not going to be traded this season...that whole article was speculation AFTER this year.
My point is if he trades for a defensive defensemen to replace Murray, and its NOT the one guy in the league that has made it pretty clear he plans to sign here next season if offered, he's an idiot.

Old
01-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
My point is if he trades for a defensive defensemen to replace Murray, and its NOT the one guy in the league that has made it pretty clear he plans to sign here next season if offered, he's an idiot.
It takes two to tango so doubt Holland wants to deal Stuart to us.

Anyhow, the only way I'd want Zidlicky if it meant we could land Clutterbuck...

Old
01-25-2012, 12:04 PM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

So let's say Nitty is claimed, how much open cap space do the Sharks have for a pending UFA or RFA (ignoring the comments on not getting a rental)?

How much cap space would there be if someone like Mitchell or Murray are traded in any deal?

I'm at work on my phone otherwise I'd just figure it out myself.

Old
01-25-2012, 12:06 PM
sharkbite3
Custom boozer title

I'm pretty sure with Nitty gone we have close to $3.1M in cap space.

Old
01-25-2012, 12:06 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:

Gaustad would be ok for the bottom 6 but I'm sure we're all fixated on the idea of getting a top 6 now. I could see a Winchester Desi Gaustad line working, Gaustad is 6'5'', 225lbs. However, I can't see him on the 3rd unless we want a checking line, which seems to contradict the fact that DW is looking for another top 6.

As for the D, I've seen rumors everywhere connecting the Sharks with Hal Gill. Could be just hold over rumors from last few season when we were looking for a D. Maybe its just speculation because our PK is so bad.

Old
01-25-2012, 12:10 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Feel bad for Nitty but DW's hand was most likely forced by:

1) No trade offers for Nitty
2) The suckage off late due to the Clowe and Havlat injuries
3) The lack of a tweener and how it impacts us as shown by (2).

We need a tweener pretty bad and hopefully this helps us fill atleast one of our weaknesses.

01-25-2012, 12:10 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbite3 View Post
I'm pretty sure with Nitty gone we have close to $3.1M in cap space.
With everyone healthy, about $3.8m (if Wingels, McCarthy and Ferriero are waived/moved)

Old
01-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Lebanezer

Gaustad is a Doug Wilson kind of player. He's good on faceoffs, slow and feisty. He's like a giant Scott Nichol without all the speed. I could easily see Doug going after him.

Old
01-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
With everyone healthy, about $3.8m (if Wingels, McCarthy and Ferriero are waived/moved)
Not sure if we would actually waive Ferriero.

Personally I am not that impressed by him. But he does manage to score goals which has been a problem for us off late.

Old
01-25-2012, 12:12 PM
sharkbite3
Custom boozer title

Quote:
Ah yeah, gotcha.

Old
01-25-2012, 12:19 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
Not sure if we would actually waive Ferriero.

Personally I am not that impressed by him. But he does manage to score goals which has been a problem for us off late.
Yeah, Ferriero has looked lost out there for a few games before putting in the game winner last night. Could be that Clowe is a bigger reason for that line working than Couture. Clowe is king of play along the boards, often draws several players to him allowing Ferriero and Couture to get into good position for passes.

I don't see Ferriero being waved, he does offer the team scoring depth and a injury replacement in case a top six goes down. He might be traded but has too much value to the org to be waived. Also, I think it was Led Zappa that said last night that if Ferriero played all the games this season he'd be on pace for a 23 goal campaign. Kid finds ways to score.

Old
01-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
Yeah, Ferriero has looked lost out there for a few games before putting in the game winner last night. Could be that Clowe is a bigger reason for that line working than Couture. Clowe is king of play along the boards, often draws several players to him allowing Ferriero and Couture to get into good position for passes.

I don't see Ferriero being waved, he does offer the team scoring depth and a injury replacement in case a top six goes down. He might be traded but has too much value to the org to be waived. Also, I think it was Led Zappa that said last night that if Ferriero played all the games this season he'd be on pace for a 23 goal campaign. Kid finds ways to score.
Yep. And given how big of a concern scoring has been for us, I definitely dont see him being waived.

Closed Thread