HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Bourque Supremacy : MTL beats TML 3-1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2012, 02:41 PM
  #176
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Yeah, lately as in 2 games.

Showing off his talent would mean something if he actually hadn't been complete garbage for a season and a half.

Anyone can string a couple of good performances, doesn't mean they're showing off anything.

It also is amazing you consider 2 games where he has been a somewhat decent offensive center (let's not kid ourselves and say he's taken over games or anything) an amazing performance. You should watch some other teams play, you might reconsider what is an amazing performance rather than a couple of good plays by a player that's expected to carry some of the load on the offense.
So let me get this straight. First, you assume lately means the past TWO YEARS. Now, you assume it means TWO GAMES. Learn your grammar, he has played well since his return.

Give credit where it's due and stop always looking for things to whine about, la WeThreeKings.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:42 PM
  #177
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Just one shout-out tonight: Gomez has been AMAZING lately. I love how he's rubbing his skill in the face of 99% of the fanbase.


Its sad that when our 7M$ player is playing AMAZING lately, he is scoreless in 5 games with two little assists and apparently, he's making his haters eat crow with that superb performance.

Im not saying he's not playing well lately. Its just funny that you consider his play amazing when he's basically playing like a good third liner with good puck control.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:49 PM
  #178
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post


Its sad that when our 7M$ player is playing AMAZING lately, he is scoreless in 5 games with two little assists and apparently, he's making his haters eat crow with that superb performance.

Im not saying he's not playing well lately. Its just funny that you consider his play amazing when he's basically playing like a good third liner with good puck control.
He has played very well, much better than Plekanec or Eller recently.

Pretty much, he's playing like a top liner but his linemates have never been too great. Look at the scorers of those goals: Blunden and Diaz? Hahaha and people think he will produce like Malkin playing with guys like that?

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:51 PM
  #179
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post


Its sad that when our 7M$ player is playing AMAZING lately, he is scoreless in 5 games with two little assists and apparently, he's making his haters eat crow with that superb performance.

Im not saying he's not playing well lately. Its just funny that you consider his play amazing when he's basically playing like a good third liner with good puck control.

Cunneyworth should stop playing school director and slap naughty kids fingers with his benching.

Right now I want the 9 best forwards to play on the top 3 lines. Blunden must go back to the 4th with Darche and Noke. I am sick of the 7 d-men in the line up. I want to have the 6 best d-men only.


MaxPac - DD - Cole

Bourque- Gomez - A.K.

Eller - Pleks - Moen (shut up line)

Darche - Noke - Blunden


Kaberle - Gorges

Gill - Subban

Emelin - Diaz

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:19 PM
  #180
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,313
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
He has played very well, much better than Plekanec or Eller recently.

Pretty much, he's playing like a top liner but his linemates have never been too great. Look at the scorers of those goals: Blunden and Diaz? Hahaha and people think he will produce like Malkin playing with guys like that?
Gomez has played well since his return, but there is no sense in pointing that out, because the haters here will always bring up the 7M cap hit....it's the way it is...we are a better team with him in the lineup, period...no matter the cap hit...but....

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:30 PM
  #181
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,377
vCash: 500
Gomez has played better since the ranger game. I'm glad he's actually put together a string of games where he looks useful. I'm not going to bring up his contract because he will never live up to it, but its encouraging that he at least looks a bit more useful.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:32 PM
  #182
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Gomez has played better since the ranger game. I'm glad he's actually put together a string of games where he looks useful. I'm not going to bring up his contract because he will never live up to it, but its encouraging that he at least looks a bit more useful.
The guy has been injured about 70% of the season and he's just back. I am willing to live with him in the line up until the beginning of April, which gonna be the end of the season for the Habs.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:55 PM
  #183
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,978
vCash: 500
Compared to how Gomez normally plays, he's playing better than he normally does. It's only his.. 4th game back (?) since being out for a while with an injury. I'll give him to 5-6 games to get back into the rhythm of things and 3-5 games after that to show he can be consistently useful.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:21 PM
  #184
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Gomez has played well since his return, but there is no sense in pointing that out, because the haters here will always bring up the 7M cap hit....it's the way it is...we are a better team with him in the lineup, period...no matter the cap hit...but....
Yes but that's the thing, nobody will disagree he is overpaid. Possibly the most overpaid in the league.

But that doesn't mean he can't still be a great player. And he's really put a nice string of games together recently. Not only that, but he just recovered from a long-term injury and returned to regular NHL play. Hopefully once he gets back into the rhythm, he will be even more effective.

Here's to hoping the guy can perform even better, I'll be rooting for G-Love!

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:21 PM
  #185
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
So let me get this straight. First, you assume lately means the past TWO YEARS. Now, you assume it means TWO GAMES. Learn your grammar, he has played well since his return.

Give credit where it's due and stop always looking for things to whine about, la WeThreeKings.
I never said lately was 2 years. I said he's not rubbing anything in anyone's face considering 2 solid games out of 2 seasons within a short time frame is meaningless.

If giving credit is saying Gomez hasn't been totally useless despite getting 15+ mins of icetime and PP time, by golly, I've seen a lot of amazing performances recently.

Your standards for good play are so low you can't seem to understand that he's playing well for a marginal player, yet he's supposed to be carrying his load of the offense. If we start expecting short spurts and mostly underwhelming performances out of offensive players, might as well start thinking 8th position is our Stanley Cup.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:31 PM
  #186
donghabs98
HFBoards Sponsor
 
donghabs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,547
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I wonder how much the Leafs would pay to get Kaberle?
1st and joe colborne

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:16 PM
  #187
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
I never said lately was 2 years. I said he's not rubbing anything in anyone's face considering 2 solid games out of 2 seasons within a short time frame is meaningless.

If giving credit is saying Gomez hasn't been totally useless despite getting 15+ mins of icetime and PP time, by golly, I've seen a lot of amazing performances recently.

Your standards for good play are so low you can't seem to understand that he's playing well for a marginal player, yet he's supposed to be carrying his load of the offense. If we start expecting short spurts and mostly underwhelming performances out of offensive players, might as well start thinking 8th position is our Stanley Cup.
The question should be, number one: Why do you have such high expectations for Scott Gomez when you keep bringing up the fact he had "2 bad years" and number two: Why do you say he had two years of mediocre play when it was one NHL season?

The answers to these questions both involve the obvious fact that you are looking for things to complain about when it comes to Gomez. Not only that, but it's extremely unrealistic to expect the performance of an all-star out of a player who just came off his worst season of his life, AND JUST RETURNED FROM INJURY. Not to mention he plays on the league's worst powerplay (can't believe you brought that up) and mediocre teammates.

So in conclusion, my standards for good play are quite normal, actually. Yours are so out of reach and so irrational that it just makes you seem like another of the many posters who LOOKS for reasons to dislike Habs players, especially Gomez, because of your poor emotional stability when it comes to this team.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:09 PM
  #188
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
The question should be, number one: Why do you have such high expectations for Scott Gomez when you keep bringing up the fact he had "2 bad years" and number two: Why do you say he had two years of mediocre play when it was one NHL season?

The answers to these questions both involve the obvious fact that you are looking for things to complain about when it comes to Gomez. Not only that, but it's extremely unrealistic to expect the performance of an all-star out of a player who just came off his worst season of his life, AND JUST RETURNED FROM INJURY. Not to mention he plays on the league's worst powerplay (can't believe you brought that up) and mediocre teammates.

So in conclusion, my standards for good play are quite normal, actually. Yours are so out of reach and so irrational that it just makes you seem like another of the many posters who LOOKS for reasons to dislike Habs players, especially Gomez, because of your poor emotional stability when it comes to this team.
Jesus, I'm sorry. He was godawful last year and is well on his way to another dismal season. But it's not 2 FULL seasons. I hope this makes you feel so much better.

I'm not looking at things to complain about Scott Gomez. Seeing him play since he arrived should've made anyone expect nothing out of him. But saying he's played well when he's put in minute heavy role and made a few strong plays is stretching it. Saying he's showing off his talent is beyond mind-boggling. He had 2 games where he wasn't a shadow on the ice and actually did something you would expect him to do. Which is create some offense.

If I'm looking for anything, it's to stop any kind of Gomez nut-hugging. The guy has mostly been a waste of a roster spot over these past 3 years. Nevermind the cap space.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:17 PM
  #189
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,697
vCash: 500
All I'm saying to that argument is that our team is a lot more dangerous plays the game he played earlier in his career. He's one of the men who got us to the ECF, and I won't spit on his effort to get whatever honor he has back regarding his profession.

He's played well recently. Nothing to add to that. He'll be useful if we get an injury. Plek seems to be struggling with something, could it be a good idea to give him a bit of slack?

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:41 PM
  #190
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
In all honestly, in most of the games Gomez have played this season, he's been decent. It kinda sucks that he was injured so often this season especially when he said he trained really hard in the off season and ready for redemption for last season.

That said, he still need to be more productive though. It's good that he plays a good game but he needs to contribute on the scoresheet too. We don't need a guy that plays well in both end of the ice but puts no number in the end, that's third and 4th line players' job.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:18 AM
  #191
yianik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,888
vCash: 500
Gomez needs to play and be given top 6 minutes. Reality is Gomez must be concerned about his terrible play his last couple of years and the risk of being buried in the minors. From his point of view this season is all he may have to prove he still belongs. From Habs point of view, Im acually not convinced its a given he will be buried in the minors at full pay, Molson is a mystery to me to read. However, Gomez salary does drop down huge after this year and maybe Molson will look at burying or a buyout, but for damn sure I think he wants every chance possible to trade Gomez and for this he needs to show he can play, so play he will, especially after Feb.27.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.