HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van & Edm

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2012, 10:53 PM
  #51
JerkChicken
Registered User
 
JerkChicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Sound
Country: Cayman Islands
Posts: 2,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Exactly, Vancouver should trade Schneider for a lot less, but outside the division.
Huh? A lot less than what? Than the original proposal?

Bottom line: The original proposal is not enough to move Schneider. PLUS...it's a trade within the division.

0 for 2.

JerkChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 11:14 PM
  #52
Nuck This
Registered User
 
Nuck This's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
I'm amazed that fans on here don't watch hockey other than the (divisionally) first place Canucks.

Schneider is good, but looks better playing in front of an awesome team. Better than Dubnyk? Hell yes, but certainly not by the amount you seem to think. Dubnyk's only problem is consistency. But neither has proven that they can start in the NHL.
Last year the Canucks went through 14 defenseman. Schneider had a .929 save%

It's true you haven't seen much of Schneider. You can't just judge him on stats. I haven't seen a goalie in the NHL right this instance who has a better butterfly and a stronger core. He's always in position square and move laterally better than most goalies in the NHL. Also you won't meet a brighter and character goalie in the league. Very well spoken and nothing bothers him. If he lets in a goal he doesn't panic and he can handle the media. He's a franchise goaltender and he won't be had for anything less than a massive talent coming to Van. Luongo has been a consistent top 3 goalie in the NHL since the lockout and the Canucks still haven't traded Schneider? That tells you something.

Nuck This is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 11:18 PM
  #53
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Last year the Canucks went through 14 defenseman. Schneider had a .929 save%

It's true you haven't seen much of Schneider. You can't just judge him on stats. I haven't seen a goalie in the NHL right this instance who has a better butterfly and a stronger core. He's always in position square and move laterally better than most goalies in the NHL. Also you won't meet a brighter and character goalie in the league. Very well spoken and nothing bothers him. If he lets in a goal he doesn't panic and he can handle the media. He's a franchise goaltender and he won't be had for anything less than a massive talent coming to Van. Luongo has been a consistent top 3 goalie in the NHL since the lockout and the Canucks still haven't traded Schneider? That tells you something.
No, he's not. He's a backup with tremendous upside. Luongo has been good...consistent in any way, including status as "top three" is not true. Schneider has been kept around because he is good and Luongo has pressure issues. Not to mention the goalie market sucking in recent years. A trade makes no sense because they probably haven't been offered enough for him. Don't tell me I haven't seen him much either, unless you know my hockey watching habits . He is pretty good, but until he starts 60+ NHL games, he isn't worth what you are saying he is.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 11:29 PM
  #54
Nuck This
Registered User
 
Nuck This's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
No, he's not. He's a backup with tremendous upside. Luongo has been good...consistent in any way, including status as "top three" is not true. Schneider has been kept around because he is good and Luongo has pressure issues. Not to mention the goalie market sucking in recent years. A trade makes no sense because they probably haven't been offered enough for him. Don't tell me I haven't seen him much either, unless you know my hockey watching habits . He is pretty good, but until he starts 60+ NHL games, he isn't worth what you are saying he is.
He's a starter on 25 other teams.

Nuck This is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 11:30 PM
  #55
Nuck This
Registered User
 
Nuck This's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
No, he's not. He's a backup with tremendous upside. Luongo has been good...consistent in any way, including status as "top three" is not true. Schneider has been kept around because he is good and Luongo has pressure issues. Not to mention the goalie market sucking in recent years. A trade makes no sense because they probably haven't been offered enough for him. Don't tell me I haven't seen him much either, unless you know my hockey watching habits . He is pretty good, but until he starts 60+ NHL games, he isn't worth what you are saying he is.
Name me the three goalies who have been more consistent than Luongo.

Nuck This is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 12:20 AM
  #56
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 8,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
He's a starter on 25 other teams.
DET? No. NSH? No. PIT? No. MIN? No. NJD? No. NYR? No. STL? No. MTL? No. BOS? No. LA? No. CGY? No. CAR? No. BUF? No.

Those are the obvious ones. Add in some debatable teams and the fact he isn't even your starter and I'd say he could probably be a starter on 10-15 teams in the league. But to suggest your team possesses not just one, but two top 5 goalies is completely laughable.

Roof Daddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 12:31 AM
  #57
IBLeaf*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oakville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
He's a starter on 25 other teams.
Really...?

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 12:38 AM
  #58
Campoli2Burrows
Registered User
 
Campoli2Burrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
He's a starter on 25 other teams.
Come on son you're making us all look bad.

Campoli2Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 12:43 AM
  #59
Campoli2Burrows
Registered User
 
Campoli2Burrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
DET? No. NSH? No. PIT? No. MIN? No. NJD? No. NYR? No. STL? No. MTL? No. BOS? No. LA? No. CGY? No. CAR? No. BUF? No.

Those are the obvious ones. Add in some debatable teams and the fact he isn't even your starter and I'd say he could probably be a starter on 10-15 teams in the league. But to suggest your team possesses not just one, but two top 5 goalies is completely laughable.
Not as obvious as you make them out. Pretty sure with the way Brodeur has played this year they would be splitting starts and Schneider has looked way better than either Miller or Enroth. That 25 team statement was a bit ridiculous, but he could go to both those teams and win the starting role without much problem.

Campoli2Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:01 AM
  #60
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
He's a starter on 25 other teams.
He might be good enough to be, but he's never played a 60+ game NHL schedule as a starter. Until he does that, he's a potential future starter, not a starter. There's a big difference in value between the two.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:03 AM
  #61
vezna*
Canada's Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 8,666
vCash: 500
why would the canucks trade schneider to the same conference, let alone their neighbor

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:07 AM
  #62
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vezna View Post
why would the canucks trade schneider to the same conference, let alone their neighbor
If it gets them the best return, why wouldn't they? This "don't trade within the confrence" stuff happens rarely. Its another overblown HF standard. I swear, I expect to see a Habs fan ask about Colton Orr and see this "same conference" response pop up (not intended as a Leafs attack, Orr was just the first AHL guy I thought of).

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:22 AM
  #63
vancityluongo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 11,350
vCash: 500
Something around Schneider and Dubnyk would make great sense if the teams weren't division rivals. Schneider is the perfect goalie to split games with a guy like Khabbibulin until he's ready to handle 60+ (probably next season), while Dubnyk has the talent to take heat off of Luongo occasionally, as long as he isn't asked to do it consistently over a long stretch of games.

You guys wanna re-unite Hodgson and Eberle? How about Schneider, Hodgson and Tanev for FrankenHall and Dubnyk?

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:27 AM
  #64
Cogburn
Registered User
 
Cogburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
If it gets them the best return, why wouldn't they? This "don't trade within the confrence" stuff happens rarely. Its another overblown HF standard. I swear, I expect to see a Habs fan ask about Colton Orr and see this "same conference" response pop up (not intended as a Leafs attack, Orr was just the first AHL guy I thought of).
It's not the best return, as it has nothing to do with what we would be looking for. Period. If it were Smyth or Hemsky or Whitney there'd be a basis, but we don't want or need futures for someone who plays a major role in our organization, and has a great deal invested in him from our standpoint. Why would we trade him within the division, even assuming Paaravi (spelling?) is the best we could get? He isn't a piece we can use now, or even guarantee that we can use properly in the next 2-3.


Last edited by Moo: 01-23-2012 at 02:26 AM.
Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:28 AM
  #65
dixs35
Registered User
 
dixs35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: E-town
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,458
vCash: 0
Just Offer Sheet him and give up a 2nd rounder. Good for both teams....

dixs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:43 AM
  #66
IBLeaf*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oakville, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vezna View Post
why would the canucks trade schneider to the same conference, let alone their neighbor
How did we get Kessel and Grabovski?

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:13 AM
  #67
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan
 
5RingsAndABeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 11,301
vCash: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeteranNetPresence View Post
MPS sucks, so no
Giroux, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Chara, and Tim Thomas all "sucked" when they were 20 too

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:16 AM
  #68
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Home of 5 Stanley's
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Giroux, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Chara, and Tim Thomas all "sucked" when they were 20 too
No he is right MPS sucks

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:18 AM
  #69
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Burger King bathroom
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,141
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Giroux, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Chara, and Tim Thomas all "sucked" when they were 20 too
Dale Weise sucked when he was 20, so does that mean he will become a superstar?


And using Thomas as an example is horrible.
Should teams wait until MPS is 35 to judge how good he is?

__________________

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:29 AM
  #70
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!
 
Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Valrico, FL
Posts: 29,026
vCash: 500
Stick to debating the trade proposal, not attacking fan bases.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:36 AM
  #71
coastal_nuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
He's a starter on 25 other teams.
Ugh, this is absolutely ridiculous.

coastal_nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:37 AM
  #72
coastal_nuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilburnsclean View Post
No he is right MPS sucks
Lol, even the Oilers are hating on him this much? What happened to him? Not long ago, he was one of the top prospects in the NHL. Hard to imagine that he would fall so far, so fast. He's still a fairly good blend of being a big body with loads of speed to spare no?

coastal_nuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:41 AM
  #73
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Home of 5 Stanley's
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastal_nuck View Post
Lol, even the Oilers are hating on him this much? What happened to him? Not long ago, he was one of the top prospects in the NHL. Hard to imagine that he would fall so far, so fast. He's still a fairly good blend of being a big body with loads of speed to spare no?
I knew he was overated comming in had many fights with fellow Oil fans telling them 12 goals in the Sel in his third year there was a cause for concern.

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:46 AM
  #74
nowhereman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,707
vCash: 500
The deepest offensive team in the NHL has no need for a prospect who can't even crack Edmonton's lineup. They want to win NOW.

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:48 AM
  #75
denkiteki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
DET? No. NSH? No. PIT? No. MIN? No. NJD? No. NYR? No. STL? No. MTL? No. BOS? No. LA? No. CGY? No. CAR? No. BUF? No.

Those are the obvious ones. Add in some debatable teams and the fact he isn't even your starter and I'd say he could probably be a starter on 10-15 teams in the league. But to suggest your team possesses not just one, but two top 5 goalies is completely laughable.
I agree he isnt a starter on 25 times but that said, you could make an argument for some of those teams at certain points of this season/near future of this season.

Det - At times this could become a yes... i.e. when Det signed Nabby, at that point, the answer would be yes. If Howard has a bad second half, the same argument can be made again.

NJD - If they want to make the playoffs, the answer will be a yes.

CGY - If rumors are true that Kipper wants out, the answer again becomes yes.

Buf - Based on Miller's play this year, its not far fetched that if Cory was there, he would be currently the starter.

STL - If you asked them when Halak was playing bad and they were struggling, the answer would've been a yes. Its not like Brian Elliott hasn't been good for a while then suddenly struggle.

As far as top 5 goalies are concerned, again the list of goalies vary every year. Just look at Thomas the past few years. 3 years ago, he was the best goalie. 2 years ago, he was more or less a backup and horrible. Then last year he was lights out again. Cory has the upside to be someone who can be a top 5 goalie if given the chance but that can also be said for 15-20 goalies in the NHL. The 'nucks (and Bruins) just happen to have 2 of them.

denkiteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.