HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van-NYI

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2012, 10:16 PM
  #1
Mitts McCann
Registered User
 
Mitts McCann's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,645
vCash: 500
Van-NYI

To Van- Nielsen, Streit and 2nd rnd


To NYI- Raymond, Ballard, 1st rnd and 4th rnd

Mitts McCann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:29 PM
  #2
Sticks and Pucks
Registered User
 
Sticks and Pucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
I'd do it from a Canucks point of view.

Sticks and Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:33 PM
  #3
Mitts McCann
Registered User
 
Mitts McCann's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckmaster12345 View Post
I'd do it from a Canucks point of view.
Ya because the Canucks will most likely get a first rounder and another player if they choose to trade Schneider and the Islanders could likely lose Nielsen to free agency and Streit will be to old when the Islanders are ready to compete. They add a top 6 in Raymond and Ballard whod fit in better there along with a first rounder for the future.

Mitts McCann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:49 PM
  #4
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,637
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
To Van- Nielsen, Streit and 2nd rnd


To NYI- Raymond, Ballard, 1st rnd and 4th rnd
Zero interest in exchanging Streit for Ballard.

No interest in Raymond.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:54 PM
  #5
ProstheticConscience
WITNESS ME!!!!!!!!
 
ProstheticConscience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Canuck Nation
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,832
vCash: 50
Yeah, can't see Isles fans liking this one.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:59 PM
  #6
keslerburrows
Registered User
 
keslerburrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vernon, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,908
vCash: 500
I love it. I imagine islanders fans don't. The Canucks lineup would pretty insane though.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Higgins
Nielsen-Hodgson-Hansen
Lapierre-Malhotra-Weise

Striet-Edler
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Salo-Tanev

keslerburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2012, 10:59 PM
  #7
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,637
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Ya because the Canucks will most likely get a first rounder and another player if they choose to trade Schneider and the Islanders could likely lose Nielsen to free agency and Streit will be to old when the Islanders are ready to compete. They add a top 6 in Raymond and Ballard whod fit in better there along with a first rounder for the future.
Isles are 2 games under .500.I have no reason to think their youngsters won't be playing hard,playing competitive hockey in the 2nd half of this season.No interest in moving Streit,their leader on defense and mentor for the young blueliners.We have 4 young pmd in Bridgeport.At least 1,maybe 2,will be on next season's NYI roster.

There's a link to a Danish article,that was posted 2 days ago on the nyi board,by a Danish poster.It's not in English.According to the poster,Frans is telling the Danish press that he and the isles are still working towards an extension.

Snow's stockpiled picks/prospects over the last 4 drafts.Not much interest in moving young nhl talent,that's producing at the nhl level,for more picks/prospects.How many yrs before that late 1st rounder makes it to the nhl and contributes?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:03 AM
  #8
ichabod13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Baltimore Maryland
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
as an islanders fan, i say no thank you.
garth trades away one of his top four defenseman in streit for another top four defenseman in ballard? that seems like a wash too me as garth would STILL be looking for a top four defenseman.
---------------------------------
and crew, 19-27 aint exactly "2 games under .500" buddy.

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:06 AM
  #9
Hipietro
Registered User
 
Hipietro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichabod13 View Post
as an islanders fan, i say no thank you.
garth trades away one of his top four defenseman in streit for another top four defenseman in ballard? that seems like a wash too me as garth would STILL be looking for a top four defenseman.
---------------------------------
and crew, 19-27 aint exactly "2 games under .500" buddy.
19-21-6

That's 2 games under the NHL version of .500

Hipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:09 AM
  #10
Mitts McCann
Registered User
 
Mitts McCann's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Isles are 2 games under .500.I have no reason to think their youngsters won't be playing hard,playing competitive hockey in the 2nd half of this season.No interest in moving Streit,their leader on defense and mentor for the young blueliners.We have 4 young pmd in Bridgeport.At least 1,maybe 2,will be on next season's NYI roster.

There's a link to a Danish article,that was posted 2 days ago on the nyi board,by a Danish poster.It's not in English.According to the poster,Frans is telling the Danish press that he and the isles are still working towards an extension.

Snow's stockpiled picks/prospects over the last 4 drafts.Not much interest in moving young nhl talent,that's producing at the nhl level,for more picks/prospects.How many yrs before that late 1st rounder makes it to the nhl and contributes?
The chances of them making the playoffs are extremely slim. Even in the next three years say they make the playoffs twice. Do they really have an opportunity to win the cup? Not a chance and when they do (which they will) because the future is very bright there they could use the picks and youth. Raymond is an RFA and Nielsen is a UFA. He'll likely test the free agent waters and there's two danes on the Canucks. I dont know if that'll come to his mind but it could be tempting. I'd bet the Canucks would go hard after him. His agent will be reluctant to get a deal done before UFA. You can never have to many prospects. Raymond is a 25 goal scorer. I bet he'd get more with NY than the Canucks just on ice time alone. Raymond is also very good PKer. I understand that Streit is a great mentor but he wont be around when the Islanders are ready. Ballard is a very toolsy player but he doesn't fit in the Canucks system. There's a reason he was given his contract.

Mitts McCann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:13 AM
  #11
School of WristShot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipietro View Post
19-21-6

That's 2 games under the NHL version of .500
You are a positive person.
As far as the proposal, values not there for NYI to consider moving their best dman.

School of WristShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:24 AM
  #12
ichabod13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Baltimore Maryland
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipietro View Post
19-21-6

That's 2 games under the NHL version of .500
but in the real world, where marketing doesnt mean ****, thats 8 games under .500.

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 12:30 AM
  #13
ichabod13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Baltimore Maryland
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
There's a link to a Danish article,that was posted 2 days ago on the nyi board,by a Danish poster.It's not in English.According to the poster,Frans is telling the Danish press that he and the isles are still working towards an extension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Raymond is an RFA and Nielsen is a UFA. He'll likely test the free agent waters and there's two danes on the Canucks. I dont know if that'll come to his mind but it could be tempting.
i dont know who to believe........

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:39 AM
  #14
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,061
vCash: 500
Works well for the Islanders only if Streit go's to snow and ask to be traded. Islanders need to add to their blue line no take anything out of it.

Dr Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:57 AM
  #15
ichabod13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Baltimore Maryland
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
this will probably go over like a fart in church......
straight up.....grabner for ballard.

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:55 AM
  #16
kasper11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 6,960
vCash: 500
The Isles are taking a huge hit on D to add getting worse at forward to move up probably about 15 picks in the draft? No thanks.

Streit is signed through next year, and Nielsen has indicated interest in re-signing. No reason at all to make this move.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:12 AM
  #17
TheZec
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 423
vCash: 500
I'm not saying value is bad, but the isles biggest needs are a top-4 D and a 2nd line center. By doing this trade, we gain nothing to help the team.

TheZec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:38 AM
  #18
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,637
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichabod13 View Post
as an islanders fan, i say no thank you.
garth trades away one of his top four defenseman in streit for another top four defenseman in ballard? that seems like a wash too me as garth would STILL be looking for a top four defenseman.
---------------------------------
and crew, 19-27 aint exactly "2 games under .500" buddy.
In today's nhl it is
I notice the kneejerk calls by some nyi fans to dump Streit, have quieted.

Gee,could it be that coming off major surgery and being overworked, effected his play?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:55 AM
  #19
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,637
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
The chances of them making the playoffs are extremely slim. Even in the next three years say they make the playoffs twice. Do they really have an opportunity to win the cup? Not a chance and when they do (which they will) because the future is very bright there they could use the picks and youth. Raymond is an RFA and Nielsen is a UFA. He'll likely test the free agent waters and there's two danes on the Canucks. I dont know if that'll come to his mind but it could be tempting. I'd bet the Canucks would go hard after him. His agent will be reluctant to get a deal done before UFA. You can never have to many prospects. Raymond is a 25 goal scorer. I bet he'd get more with NY than the Canucks just on ice time alone. Raymond is also very good PKer. I understand that Streit is a great mentor but he wont be around when the Islanders are ready. Ballard is a very toolsy player but he doesn't fit in the Canucks system. There's a reason he was given his contract.
The is the 4th yr of Snow's youth movement.The Isles are 8 pts out of a playoff spot.Not great odds, since they have several teams clumped together with similar pt totals,also hoping to make a run at that 8th seed.

I'm less concerned with the team making the 2011-2012 playoffs,then I am with the youngsters going thru the learning experience of a playoff race.Isles are not playing spoiler,the team with nothing to lose.The team's young core are the ones playing well and beating teams jockeying for playoff positions.

According to both the NY and Danish press,Nielsen is likely signing an extension.

Next season will probably have De Haan joining the Isles.He and 3 other Bridgeport pmd, will be fighting in next season's training camp for an nhl roster spot.I'd rather have Streit mentoring De Haan then Ballard.

with Moulson,Okposo and Grabner holding 3 of the 4 winger spots in the top 6,I don't care about adding Raymond.Isles put Nino on the 4th line and told him to play hard.After being slowed by a concussion and later a groin injury,he's picked up his. play,getting much more involved physically.I want 19 yr old Nino in the top 6,not Streit dealt for a 2nd line winger.


Last edited by CREW99AW: 01-22-2012 at 07:08 AM.
CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:12 AM
  #20
kasper11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 6,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
The is the 4th yr of Snow's youth movement.The Isles are 8 pts out of a playoff spot.Not great odds, since they have several teams clumped together with similar pt totals,also hoping to make a run at that 8th seed.

I'm less concerned with the team making the 2011-2012 playoffs,then I am with the youngsters going thru the learning experience of a playoff race.Isles are not playing spoiler,the team with nothing to lose.The team's young core are the ones playing well and beating teams jockeying for playoff positions.

According to both the NY and Danish press,Nielsen is likely signing an extension.

Next season will probably have De Haan joining the Isles.He and 3 other Bridgeport pmd, will be fighting in next season's training camp for an nhl roster spot.I'd rather have Streit mentoring De Haan then Ballard.

with Moulson,Okposo and Grabner holding 3 of the 4 winger spots in the top 6,I don't care about adding Raymond.Isles put Nino on the 4th line and told him to play hard.After being slowed by a concussion and later a groin injury,he's picked up his. play,getting much more involved physically.I want 19 yr old Nino in the top 6,not Streit dealt for a 2nd line winger.
Don't forget PAP, who is still racking up points even without playing on JT's line (although they are together on the pp). I think he re-signs.

The fact is Ballard just doesn't have much value at this point, and moving from the Isles 2nd to Van 1 is not a big enough jump to make this trade in the least bit interesting. The Isles could probably re-sign Nielsen a similar same cap hit to Raymond, has shown chemistry with Grabner and has had success with the Isles.

There is pretty much zero reason for the Isles to make this trade.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:57 AM
  #21
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,637
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
Don't forget PAP, who is still racking up points even without playing on JT's line (although they are together on the pp). I think he re-signs.

The fact is Ballard just doesn't have much value at this point, and moving from the Isles 2nd to Van 1 is not a big enough jump to make this trade in the least bit interesting. The Isles could probably re-sign Nielsen a similar same cap hit to Raymond, has shown chemistry with Grabner and has had success with the Isles.

There is pretty much zero reason for the Isles to make this trade.
I hope Parenteau agrees to an extension.There's not much to get excited about on the ufa market.Isles won't land the top ufas like Parise,so they might as well tie up their own impending ufas,who produce for them.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:00 AM
  #22
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,909
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
The chances of them making the playoffs are extremely slim. Even in the next three years say they make the playoffs twice. Do they really have an opportunity to win the cup? Not a chance and when they do (which they will) because the future is very bright there they could use the picks and youth.
In the end, the Isles don't get much in terms of picks... You have them throwing in a 2nd, which will likely be in the 35-40 range, for the Canucks 1st, which will be in the 25-30 range. It's an upgrade of 10 or so slots, which isn't exactly super value.

You also have them downgrading on D and C, which are the Isles weakest positions. I would say in terms of strict value, the proposal isn't terrible, but in regards to the needs of the teams, you have the Canucks moving off some spare parts and dropping 10 spots while getting the best player, while not addressing the Isles needs whatsoever.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:04 AM
  #23
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 18,456
vCash: 500
Islanders have no room for a guy like Raymond with Moulson and Grabner at LW, and Nino can play there too. I actually wouldn't mind trading for Ballard, but I would give up a 2nd and a 4th at most.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:20 AM
  #24
HyeDray
HFB Partner
 
HyeDray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Hyde Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,902
vCash: 500
Id have interest in Ballard, but as an Isles fan I have to agree with the sentiment that this really is not something that helps us now.

The value is not bad its a decent proposal as far as value, but it fails to address team needs for Isles.

This is the second or third deal proposed where Ballard would be coming to the Islanders. I am wondering if a smaller deal is in the making between the teams where the Islanders would get Ballard. Obviously, the core players are not in the offering for Snow, but would prospect/picks get a deal done???

Im not sure it would, but Van. fans seem to want to move Ballard, and Isles need that kind of defenseman.

The argument from some Cannuck fans is that Ballard is being wasted as a bottom pair defender and is not flourishing in Vancouver. I wonder that is the Cannucks want a bottom pair defender with some Cup experience, would they have interest in Eaton? Perhaps they may have a desire for a big man like Jurcina. They clear cap space, add an experience bottom pair pro, and two high picks (2nd and 3rd)?

All speculation, but Ballard would be the guy I would want targeted by Snow for a potential move, without giving up Striet. And yes, I think the Islanders will announce an extension for Neilsen in the coming weeks.

HyeDray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 11:34 AM
  #25
oceanchild
Registered User
 
oceanchild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Islanders have no room for a guy like Raymond with Moulson and Grabner at LW, and Nino can play there too. I actually wouldn't mind trading for Ballard, but I would give up a 2nd and a 4th at most.
We traded Grabner because Raymond is the better all around player and he still is.

oceanchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.