HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Only 7 points out.

Old
01-22-2012, 06:30 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
Winning is worst thing team can do right now! It will keep Gauthier's job for another lackluster year next year and rob us of a franchise player in the draft.
Hello.

I guess I need to post this again.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:39 AM
GeneralMarky79

ya and a loss next week and were back to 11 points out

GeneralMarky79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:49 AM
onice

The way i see it is we have till a week, maybe three days before the trade deadline, Feb 27. It all hinges on our position in the standings then.

How far behind (7-8-9 points)do we decide to sell or how close (2-3-4 points) do we make trades to go for it?

onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:08 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wilson View Post
Regardless of where we are come Trade Deadline...we need to trade Gill, Moen and Campoli...
I would add Kostitsyn and any other non-core players such as Petteri Nokelainen.

I am not sure if they would even fetch anything.

I can only hope (wishful thinking) that someone will bite on Kaberle and Gomer.

It might make the games AFTER the deadline painful to watch.

The LAST thing we need is for PG to pull another Kaberle.... only picks and prospects please.

We need CAP space!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 08:29 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
I would add Kostitsyn and any other non-core players such as Petteri Nokelainen.

I am not sure if they would even fetch anything.

I can only hope (wishful thinking) that someone will bite on Kaberle and Gomer.

It might make the games AFTER the deadline painful to watch.

The LAST thing we need is for PG to pull another Kaberle.... only picks and prospects please.

We need CAP space!
I agree with Kaberle, Gomez & Nokelanien but no to AK.

onice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Harry Kakalovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wilson View Post
Regardless of where we are come Trade Deadline...we need to trade Gill, Moen and Campoli...
This - yes yes yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
i wanna keep moen. if we are in po mode, i wanna defiantly keep gill. don't care much about campoli though
Not this - no no no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Making a push for the playoffs can turn a bad season into a disaster. I say take the lumps and come back stronger next year. Let the young guys run with it for a bit. Call up anyone on the farm and let them have a few games.
This - yes true!
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Moen's type of player we all will miss if he's gone. He's part of the though players that can play. and score. too valuable imo.
Not this - no no no!

Sell on deadline day - Moen, Gill, Campoli, Darche, maybe Kostitsyn - TRADE TRADE TRADE!!!!!!!!!

This team is very bad. Just because the Leafs are too does not mean we should fool ourselves. I'm tired of rooting for the other team because I am worried management will turn an about face and not sell. If they do not sell they are chicken ****!!!!! Sell and trust in the process. Sell Sell Sell Sell Sell. I did not watch this putrid team lose so many games only to see them not trade to guard their mediocrity.

Harry Kakalovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:08 AM
Kjell Dahlin

7 points out
34 games left to play
3 teams to catch up

It sure does not look impossible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyShea View Post
We're back up to 14.8%. Fix the pp and we shall make it
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
If we had Gionta, I'd say we'd make it. I have no idea what the deal is going to be with Markov. Do we bring him back for two months for a miracle run when we won't have Gionta? I still would love to make it, but just watching us play is demoralizing. Happy we won tonight, but as Marc likes to say "rien de convainquant". Maybe if Pleky and Bourque get something going, but right now they look stagnant. Campoli on the ice makes me instantly doubt that we deserve to be in the playoffs. That said, if we pull it off, nothing short of incredible. At this point I just wish they would decide. Win the next 5 out of 6 and I'll start believing again. After Washington, I officially started thinking about the draft and wins only against our rivals (like tonight).
However, and as mentioned by CrazyShea and habtastic, we need (1) a PP and (2) a replacement for Gionta.

- The PP –

I can't believe that guys like Weber, Subban, Diaz and Kaberle are unable to find the seams (à la Bergeron) when they are playing the point during the PP. We badly need a D that can hit the freakin' net with regularity. Let's be optimistic here and assume that one of those guys will be able to step his game up a notch.

On second thought... Emelin did provide a solid offensive input (1) during the WJC a few years ago and (2) last year in the KHL.

Markov? Yeah right!

- Gionta –

I am a fan of Moen (GAWD I hope he re sign with us) and Darche (hard work ALL the time) but neither are top 6 material. As for Blunden... well... I know a lot of you guys/gals like him a lot but I think he simply is a bad hockey player. Despite the fact that I much prefer him on 4th than a guy like Pyatt, I can't wait for the return of White. Long story short, Blunden should never play wing on Plekanec's line!

We need to replace Gionta; arguably, Plekanec still is our best forward but he needs help on even strength. If Gauthier can do a Cammalleri part2 (dumping salary, receiving a guy that can provide a similar NHL input, a pick and a prospect), he should try to find outside help. However, based on their performance thus far in the AHL, I want to see Palushaj or Leblanc playing alongside Plekanec.

Right now my lines would be:

Bourque – Desharnais – Cole
Pacioretty – Plekanec – Palushaj
Moen – Eller – Kostitsyn
Darche – Nokelainen – Blunden/White

---------------

Imo, this team is not that far away from the playoffs: we need a PP (Emelin? Weber?), a replacement for Gionta to play alongside Plekanec (Palushaj or Leblanc would be better than Moen, Darche or Blunden) and an experienced, punishing stay at home D.

Pfff... that GM thing is easy!

PS it is possible (in the current situation, it is imperative!) to answer our needs without sacrificing the future => Gauthier just shipped away an underperforming, overpriced, pouting high octane smurf for a big 27 goals scorer who is not afraid to go in heavy circulation, a high pick and a prospect.

Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 01-22-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:14 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
7 points out
34 games left to play
3 teams to catch up

It sure does not look impossible!

However, and as mentioned by CrazyShea and habtastic, we need (1) a PP and (2) a replacement for Gionta.

- The PP –

I can't believe that guys like Weber, Subban, Diaz and Kaberle are unable to find the seams (à la Bergeron) when they are playing the point during the PP. We badly need a D that can hit the freakin' net with regularity. Let's be optimistic here and assume that one of those guys will be able to step his game up a notch.

On second thought... Emelin did provide a solid offensive input (1) during the WJC a few years ago and (2) last year in the KHL.

Markov? Yeah right!

- Gionta –

I am a fan of Moen (GAWD I hope he re sign with us) and Darche (hard work ALL the time) but neither are top 6 material. As for Blunden... well... I know a lot of you guys/gals like him a lot but I think he simply is a bad hockey player. Despite the fact that I much prefer him on 4th than a guy like Pyatt, I can't wait for the return of White. Long story short, Blunden should never play wing on Plekanec's line!

We need to replace Gionta; arguably, Plekanec still is our best forward but he needs help on even strength. If Gauthier can do a Cammalleri part2 (dumping salary, receiving a guy that can provide a similar NHL input, a pick and a prospect), he should try to find outside help. However, based on their performance thus far in the AHL, I would be curious to see Palushaj or Leblanc playing alongside Plekanec.

Right now my lines would be:

Bourque – Desharnais – Cole
Pacioretty – Plekanec – Palushaj
Moen – Eller – Kostitsyn
Darche – Nokelainen – Blunden/White

---------------

Imo, this team is not that far away from the playoffs: we need a PP (Emelin? Weber?), a replacement for Gionta to play alongside Plekanec (Palushaj or Leblanc would be better than Moen, Darche or Blunden) and an experienced, punishing stay at home D.

Pfff... that GM thing is easy!

PS it is possible (in the current situation, it is imperative!) to answer our needs without sacrificing the future => Gauthier just shipped away an underperforming, overpriced, pouting high octane smurf for a big 27 goals scorer who is not afraid to go in heavy circulation, a high pick and a prospect.

this was happening when we was only 2 pts out also.

Washingtion is 7 pts ahead with 2 games in hand...

NJ is 9 pts a ahead with 1 game in hand ...

Pittsburgh is 11 pts ahead with 1 game in hand..

The Halak loss , Caps loss ,killed it.
Not that there was any hope left at that time ...

What your seeing is a mirage of a lake out in the dessert.....don't chase it even if your super thirsty...

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:26 AM
ReVeuF

7 points out of a playoffs spot with less than half a season left, this is a perfect recipe for a disaster, hope is there but I really fear the dreaded 9-10th place at the end of season. Getting an average pick for this less than average team...

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:40 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
7 points away from Grigorenko.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
this was happening when we was only 2 pts out also.

Washingtion is 7 pts ahead with 2 games in hand...

NJ is 9 pts a ahead with 1 game in hand ...

Pittsburgh is 11 pts ahead with 1 game in hand..

The Halak loss , Caps loss ,killed it.
Not that there was any hope left at that time ...

What your seeing is a mirage of a lake out in the dessert.....don't chase it even if your super thirsty...

The loss vs WAS was huge, you are right.

But...

This team currently ranks 30th in terms of PP; there is room for improvement (!) and help can come from within. Based on his performances last year in the KHL and a few years ago during the WJC, I really want them to try Emelin at the point. All we need is someone who can hit the freakin' net with regularity.

I also think that Plekanec would benefit from playing with Pacioretty and Palushaj/Leblanc. No offence to Moen, Darche and Blunden but they are not top 6 material.

As for the experienced punishing stay at home D, I would try something similar to a ("Alex Henry that can skate type of player" + 4th round pick) for Diaz or Weber. Imo there is no room for both of them in the lineup.

From my point of view, it seems realistic... it ain't no mirage... it's all shiny... and I hear music as well... I am going for it!

Old
01-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
The loss vs WAS was huge, you are right.

But...

This team currently ranks 30th in terms of PP; there is room for improvement (!) and help can come from within. Based on his performances last year in the KHL and a few years ago during the WJC, I really want them to try Emelin at the point. All we need is someone who can hit the freakin' net with regularity.

I also think that Plekanec would benefit from playing with Pacioretty and Palushaj/Leblanc. No offence to Moen, Darche and Blunden but they are not top 6 material.

As for the experienced punishing stay at home D, I would try something similar to a ("Alex Henry that can skate type of player" + 4th round pick) for Diaz or Weber. Imo there is no room for both of them in the lineup.

From my point of view, it seems realistic... it ain't no mirage... it's all shiny... and I hear music as well... I am going for it!

I can't see any help within fixing our PP , otherwise it wouldn't have brought us Kaberle.....

Yes i now Markov,but i right him off for this year....

Only GLIMMER ,sliver, shred of hope? It's about fairy dust, but Habs do play Caps 3 more times......so you gotta hope Caps tails fall off but remain in 8th, and no one in the bottom pack gets hot , and the Habs win next 3 vs Caps....

ALot to wish for...lol

Old
01-22-2012, 09:45 AM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

Imagine where we would be if Kerry played like his old self, if AK wasn't lazy, if we were playing in the old forum!

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
Imagine where we would be if Kerry played like his old self, if AK wasn't lazy, if we were playing in the old forum!
lol

And Subban needs to play the white way!

Old
01-22-2012, 10:06 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I just want every one here to realize that based on GP. We are closer to the bottom of the conference than a play-off spot.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 10:18 AM
NHLcrazy

Yes only 7 points of 8th place, a 4 game sweep in the first round and mediocre 1st round pick. Yippee!

Only 2 points from a top 5 pick and 7 points from top 2, that's all that matters IMO.

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyman View Post
I think People are getting wayyy to caught up in the standings, there's so much hockey left and we haven't really had a decent run yet. I think will be due in the next little bit, and hopefully with a prayer we get marky and white back sooner then later.
Agreed 100%.

February will be a tough schedule though.....14 games in 29 days. Practically a game every second night. Depth will be important, especially on defense. We need Price to play every game like he did last night.

We're 4-3-2 in January, things are slowly turning around. If we can stay close to a playoff spot, then eventually get White, Markov and Gionta back, we'll be ok.

The power play HAS to get better...

Joe Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 11:23 AM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousTee View Post
As bad as things have seemed lately, we're only 7 points out of 8th place with half a season left. Now I know that the Habs have only an 8 % chance of making it, but if this team ever gets somewhat hot, there's still a chance..
you can say that about most of the teams outside looking in-
hopefully this team will sink some more -

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Lafleurs Guy

You can't ask management or the players to try to lose, it just doesn't work that way.

We can be smart enough to realize that we're not making the playoffs at this point though and become sellers... like we should've been for a long time now. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
That's the right way to look at it. Screw the tankards. Besides, who's to say that the 16th overall pick is predestined to have a worse NHL career than the 10th to 15th?
If you have the 10th overall pick you still have the opportunity to draft your 'predestined player' plus an additional 5 picks who might be better. YOU get to decide your own fate that way. There's absolutely no advantage in having the 16th over the 10th and let other teams pick before you.

And the draft in incredibly linear. 1st overalls are on average better than 2nds, 2nds on average are better than 3rds ect...
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Hello.

I guess I need to post this again.

And again... that's fine for players and coaches.

GMs on the other hand have to be planning for cups not game by game.

Last edited by Lafleurs Guy: 01-22-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 11:39 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
you can say that about most of the teams outside looking in-
hopefully this team will sink some more -
considering even the ones on hot streak (Anaheim, Carolina) are still below us...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
considering even the ones on hot streak (Anaheim, Carolina) are still below us...
maybe we should sue Columbus for intentionally tanking ,and stealing our pick?

Old
01-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Habitants

despite how terrible they have played anything is still possible.

as it stand i obviously want my team to win as many games as possible, but as a true fan i will support them no matter their fate playoffs or not.

that being said if they want to have any hope at making it of course they need to win as many games as possible, but if you look at the schedule, there are some crucial match ups upcoming:

2 games vs NJD
3 games vs WSH
3 games vs OTT
2 games vs toronto

etc

big 4 point games can make a big difference

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:33 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kakalovitch View Post
This - yes yes yes!

Not this - no no no!

This - yes true!

Not this - no no no!

Sell on deadline day - Moen, Gill, Campoli, Darche, maybe Kostitsyn - TRADE TRADE TRADE!!!!!!!!!

This team is very bad. Just because the Leafs are too does not mean we should fool ourselves. I'm tired of rooting for the other team because I am worried management will turn an about face and not sell. If they do not sell they are chicken ****!!!!! Sell and trust in the process. Sell Sell Sell Sell Sell. I did not watch this putrid team lose so many games only to see them not trade to guard their mediocrity.
Your post. No No No Substance!

uiCk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Frank Doby

8 points now

Frank Doby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:16 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING