HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Only 7 points out.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2012, 04:20 PM
  #76
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,120
vCash: 500
Yay! Ninth place here we come!

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:22 PM
  #77
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,128
vCash: 500
It's OVER!

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:30 PM
  #78
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
are we only 7 pts out in Canadian ,and 8 points out in American?

anyone confirm?

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:38 PM
  #79
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,000
vCash: 500
Incredible how so many people delude themselve in thinking everything is still possible after each of our rare, precious wins.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 05:00 PM
  #80
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,695
vCash: 500
Caps and Pens in another 3 point game this afternoon.

Highly unlikely the Habs are in this year.

Still... I think they should play to win EVERY GAME.

Beating the Leafs was fun

It sent the Toronto boards into a complete jump-off-a-cliff-meltdown mode...

pretty damn funny, actually.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 05:04 PM
  #81
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born in 1909 View Post
Caps and Pens in another 3 point game this afternoon.

Highly unlikely the Habs are in this year.

Still... I think they should play to win EVERY GAME.

Beating the Leafs was fun

It sent the Toronto boards into a complete jump-off-a-cliff-meltdown mode...

pretty damn funny, actually.

our only win this yr will be as spoilers....

If Habs knock leafs out of playoffs, will be a good year ..lol

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 05:06 PM
  #82
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Incredible how so many people delude themselve in thinking everything is still possible after each of our rare, precious wins.
Mr Markov should be back in 3 weeks, still a chance

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 05:15 PM
  #83
HabbyGilmore
Best man for the job
 
HabbyGilmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Saint John, NB Canda
Country: Canada
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HabbyGilmore
big whoop.. we're only 7 points out from barely making the playoffs where we'll face a ton of other better teams that we stand no chance of beating and lessening out chances of a better draft pick.. YAYYYY! so excited to be almost making the playoffs! happy dance of joy and stuff.

HabbyGilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 05:17 PM
  #84
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabbyGilmore View Post
big whoop.. we're only 7 points out from barely making the playoffs where we'll face a ton of other better teams that we stand no chance of beating and lessening out chances of a better draft pick.. YAYYYY! so excited to be almost making the playoffs! happy dance of joy and stuff.
that was so yesterday,last month..

were only 15 pt behind Ottawa

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 05:19 PM
  #85
HabbyGilmore
Best man for the job
 
HabbyGilmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Saint John, NB Canda
Country: Canada
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HabbyGilmore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
that was so yesterday,last month..
yes but I haven't been around this weekend to express my happiness about being mediocre

HabbyGilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 05:21 PM
  #86
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabbyGilmore View Post
yes but I haven't been around this weekend to express my happiness about being mediocre
Don'y worry,
I've been covering for you..

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 05:29 PM
  #87
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Odds stacked against Montreal Canadiens playoff run


By Red Fisher, The Gazette January 22, 2012 6:06 PM

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...#ixzz1kEUcHYG7

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 05:37 PM
  #88
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,342
vCash: 500
14.8% baby

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 05:39 PM
  #89
Erik Estrada
One Country United!
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Land of the Habs
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Yay! Ninth place here we come!
Ninth place? We need to put up the record of our 70s dynasty team to reach ninth. If we play like the best team in the NHL for the rest of the way, I calculate we likely can make it up to Tenth spot.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 05:45 PM
  #90
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Ninth place? We need to put up the record of our 70s dynasty team to reach ninth. If we play like the best team in the NHL for the rest of the way, I calculate we likely can make it up to Tenth spot.
You need to sue your math teachers.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 05:46 PM
  #91
Erik Estrada
One Country United!
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Land of the Habs
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
You need to sue your math teachers.
How many points will the Ninth place team finish with?

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 05:51 PM
  #92
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
Ninth place? We need to put up the record of our 70s dynasty team to reach ninth. If we play like the best team in the NHL for the rest of the way, I calculate we likely can make it up to Tenth spot.
If we won the rest of the games of the year we'd have 113 points. 34 game winning streak here we come.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 05:53 PM
  #93
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
How many points will the Ninth place team finish with?
I'm not a fortune teller. As low as 86~ points can be 8th place too. It all depends on streaks from here on out. You can prorate point percentages but it won't be accurate.

We just have to win the 4 point games and hope that the Bruins, Rags and Philly keep beating teams in the east and all the teams we're fighting against end up splitting points.

As much as it pains me to say it, for I'd love a top draft pick, with the [expected] return of markov and our decent 5on5 play, as soon as the PP is fixed we'll be much better than half the teams in the east.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:06 PM
  #94
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
If we won the rest of the games of the year we'd have 113 points. 34 game winning streak here we come.
Not impossible ...lol

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:06 PM
  #95
Erik Estrada
One Country United!
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Land of the Habs
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I'm not a fortune teller. As low as 86~ points can be 8th place too. It all depends on streaks from here on out. You can prorate point percentages but it won't be accurate.

We just have to win the 4 point games and hope that the Bruins, Rags and Philly keep beating teams in the east and all the teams we're fighting against end up splitting points.

As much as it pains me to say it, for I'd love a top draft pick, with the [expected] return of markov and our decent 5on5 play, as soon as the PP is fixed we'll be much better than half the teams in the east.
If we prorate, to make 9th spot, we'll need 90 points. It'll likely be more (91?)... If we suddenly start winning at the same rate as Detroit, we make it to 10th.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:15 PM
  #96
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
At this point of the season 7 points is a lot.
please no patch bandaid deals to try and get in

we are out , Moen, Kosty , Gill, should all be moved

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:34 PM
  #97
Skarjak
Registered User
 
Skarjak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 790
vCash: 500
At this point, I'm just hoping we get a good 3-4 games losing streak so that people can forget about the playoffs. It's getting a bit sad seeing people cling to hopes of making the playoffs, or even being certain that we'll make them.

It's funny really, people start panicking and despairing after every loss, and then after every win they think we can make it. All these emotions are unwarranted, since it's been clear for a pretty long time that the Habs were not as good as the playoffs teams.

7 points out at this point in the season is a really big lead. We will not make the playoffs unless a miracle happens. We would essentially have to play as the best team in the East for the rest of the season. Is the team we've been watching all along anywhere close to being the best team in the East? Do they even have the potential to be that team? Not so sure of that...

Hockey isn't a switch. You can't just go from "bad" to "awesome" like that.

Skarjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:36 PM
  #98
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,128
vCash: 500
I'll think the season may be salvedgable if this team goes on a 10 game winning streak.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:38 PM
  #99
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,562
vCash: 500
Caps are on pace for a 92 point season. In order to do that we'd have to go something like 23-10-1 just to get to 92 points. Once there, we'd probably still lose out because the tiebreaker is most wins which we won't have with all the OT losses we already have. So we'd in all likelyhood have to go 24-10 to get 8th place.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:44 PM
  #100
Erik Estrada
One Country United!
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Land of the Habs
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Caps are on pace for a 92 point season. In order to do that we'd have to go something like 23-10-1 just to get to 92 points. Once there, we'd probably still lose out because the tiebreaker is most wins which we won't have with all the OT losses we already have. So we'd in all likelyhood have to go 24-10 to get 8th place.
I don't think people realize how incredible 24-10 is:
-We're in 2012
-Our sport is hockey
-We haven't changed 3 or 4 major assets in the past week

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.