HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another Kadri Discussion ... pros and cons are welcome

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2012, 01:11 AM
araisarena

vCash: 500
Another Kadri Discussion ... pros and cons are welcome

It's time to give Nazem more time, he's been a pleasant surprise, has been solid on both ends of the ice, and i feel is the only person other than kessel that can create something out of nothing. great hands, great hockey IQ, makes all the small plays and takes hits to push the puck up. Might still be light, but hes still 6'0 or 6'1 so he'll be fine and grow into that body eventually. ITS KADRI TIME!

Last edited by ULF_55: 01-24-2012 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Because he isn't perfect nor a bust
Old
01-22-2012, 01:16 AM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

She said Naz can we get married at the Riiiiiiiiiiink.

Good thread... he's been great.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:18 AM
Professor Dangles

Jake Gardiner is UNREAL.

his poise with the puck is unlike anything I have ever seen. every time he touches the puck i feel like we're going to be able to establish the zone.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:22 AM
araisarena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Dangles View Post
Jake Gardiner is UNREAL.

his poise with the puck is unlike anything I have ever seen. every time he touches the puck i feel like we're going to be able to establish the zone.
on top, we're appreciating Kadri in this thread. The kid's been great and creates chances every time he touches the puck. It ticks me off Ron Wilson has too much pride to play him for more than 10 minutes a game. no PP time whatsoever, it sickens me. Im a Wilson supporter, but give the kid a chance like you did Grabovski, Gardiner, Schenn, like he overplayed these kids when they were first coming into the league, but with Kadri like not giving him a chance to shine.

Last edited by Majik1987: 01-23-2012 at 12:04 AM. Reason: offensive
Old
01-22-2012, 01:23 AM
Shimso

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by araisarena View Post
It's time to give Nazem more time, he's been a pleasant surprise, has been solid on both ends of the ice, and i feel is the only person other than kessel that can create something out of nothing. great hands, great hockey IQ, makes all the small plays and takes hits to push the puck up. Might still be light, but hes still 6'0 or 6'1 so he'll be fine and grow into that body eventually. ITS KADRI TIME!
that hit cray?

I would like to see him get more TOI...

Old
01-22-2012, 01:30 AM
Voodoo Child
Lǎobǎn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Dangles View Post
Jake Gardiner is UNREAL.

Except when he skates it from behind our net and loops into the middle inside our blueline and stops because he has no idea what to do next. Gardiner has some awesome natural skills, but let's stop blowing him, he has tons to work on.

I would put Kadri with Kessel. I have no idea why Ron still kept Lombardi-Bozak-Kessel together, but then again, I don't have 600 wins.

Kadri Bozak Kessel
Lupul Grabovski Kulemin (Kulemin has been awful)

Old
01-22-2012, 01:31 AM
Kamal007
A$VP

Leafs could go 0 for 82 and I'd look at you like this **** gravy - Ron Wilson

Old
01-22-2012, 01:41 AM
SticksandStonez

vCash: 619
I like this kid. Has offensive creativity and has flair to his game. Only knock is probably how he gets falls on his ass 2-5 times a game and his rare pass to no one in particular. He's only 21 to boot. I'm hoping for a 50-70 point player at winger or center (doesn't matter to me where he plays) I see all the time that he gets crapped on from other fan bases. There's a thread about Paajarvi on the main board. He is having a terrible season and he gets a slap on the wrist because "it's only his second season and he's only 20" yet kadri gets flamed all the time. I hope burke keeps him so that one day, hopefully nazem will make everyone eat crow.

Old
01-22-2012, 02:15 AM
saffronleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
She said Naz can we get married at the Riiiiiiiiiiink.

Good thread... he's been great.
I said you need to crawl 'fore you skaaaaaaaate. Dion Phaneuf ain't do it right if you ask me. If I was him I would have... married Alicia Keys.

Sorry, that was pretty bad, couldn't resist.

Old
01-22-2012, 03:28 AM
Platinum Seat Leafs

OMG again stop with the Kadri love can you not all see at 21 he is the size of a 12 grade kid? Like eat some meat already and play some MEN hockey

Old
01-22-2012, 03:38 AM
dubey
Phagoof am i rite??/

Grabo, Komo, Zigo - Game 6?

Old
01-22-2012, 08:44 AM
Smif

Kadri is the closest thing we have to a top 6 powerforward.

Old
01-22-2012, 08:53 AM
Philkessel

wilson doesnt like him so he will have to go on a huge hot streak to get more TOI

Old
01-22-2012, 10:06 AM
SprDaVE

Kadri definitely deserves a lot more ice-time, especially on the powerplay where he excels the most. I don't even think he got more than 5 seconds on the powerplay last night, when it was clear it needed a change up.

Old
01-22-2012, 10:52 AM
threeGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALDAL View Post
OMG again stop with the Kadri love can you not all see at 21 he is the size of a 12 grade kid? Like eat some meat already and play some MEN hockey
who cares about his size. You obviously don't understand that not everyone can just put on weight whenever they feel like it. His frame is small and won't handle having too much weight. Some people like him and some people have trouble losing weight. I think your the latter.

Old
01-22-2012, 10:58 AM
Pyromaniac3

He is the only guy that I trust on the boards in our zone.

Old
01-22-2012, 11:06 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Wow somebody else that too..........oh wait that was you and it was lame the first time

Old
01-22-2012, 11:07 AM
KingBuzzo
A custom title.

I love him game right now, especially driving the net and running Price. That was fantastic.

Old
01-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuzzo View Post
I love him game right now, especially driving the net and running Price. That was fantastic.
We need more people driving hard to the net. I miss frattin, who was the only player that did that consistently

Old
01-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Lebanese Leaf

What did Kadri order?

Fish fillet.

Old
01-22-2012, 11:56 AM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffronleaf View Post
I said you need to crawl 'fore you skaaaaaaaate. Dion Phaneuf ain't do it right if you ask me. If I was him I would have... married Alicia Keys.

Sorry, that was pretty bad, couldn't resist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Grabo, Komo, Zigo - Game 6?

Not bad boys.

Old
01-22-2012, 12:05 PM
thehealthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
Kadri is the closest thing we have to a top 6 powerforward.
You're joking right? Kadri doesn't resemble anything remotely close to a "power" forward, sure he can make some nifty moves along the boards and dish some nice passes but more often than not he just creates turnovers. If anything he's a defensive liability on the ice because he looks lost when the leafs are in their own zone. The kid will be good, he's talented, but he's still making allot of mistakes (like young players do) and is not someone you want playing on your top 6 as of yet, that would be disastrous for our playoff chances. Although I do agree he should be given more PP time. Lupul is someone who should be on the top 6 no questions asked, he is having an amazing year and impresses me more and more every game. He can create opportunities out of nothing, he's strong on the boards, and drives the net on every play. In my opinion Lupul and Kessel should not be split up, Lupul is the spark to that line, and Bozak's speed and pass-first mentality is a good fit as well.

Old
01-22-2012, 12:14 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehealthyscratch View Post
You're joking right? Kadri doesn't resemble anything remotely close to a "power" forward, sure he can make some nifty moves along the boards and dish some nice passes but more often than not he just creates turnovers. If anything he's a defensive liability on the ice because he looks lost when the leafs are in their own zone. The kid will be good, he's talented, but he's still making allot of mistakes (like young players do) and is not someone you want playing on your top 6 as of yet, that would be disastrous for our playoff chances. Although I do agree he should be given more PP time. Lupul is someone who should be on the top 6 no questions asked, he is having an amazing year and impresses me more and more every game. He can create opportunities out of nothing, he's strong on the boards, and drives the net on every play. In my opinion Lupul and Kessel should not be split up, Lupul is the spark to that line, and Bozak's speed and pass-first mentality is a good fit as well.
i don't think he knows what a powerforward means

Old
01-22-2012, 12:15 PM
ECanuck
FLOATERS

Quote:
He is a pin ball though.

Old
01-22-2012, 12:17 PM
ECanuck
FLOATERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
We need more people driving hard to the net. I miss frattin, who was the only player that did that consistently
Frattino is strong like bull.

Closed Thread