HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Another Kadri Discussion ... pros and cons are welcome

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2012, 11:30 AM
TML4eva*

vCash: 500
Lupul-Kadri-Kessel

Please.

Old
01-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Pyromaniac3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazem Kadri View Post
Lupul-Kadri-Kessel

Please.
I just want to see it for 2-3 shifts to see if they are better defensively.

Old
01-22-2012, 11:35 AM
leafsfuture

I do think Kadri will have to get a look at center eventually, because the way he plays, you can tell he wants the middle of the ice.

Old
01-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Auzzie19

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehealthyscratch View Post
You're joking right? Kadri doesn't resemble anything remotely close to a "power" forward, sure he can make some nifty moves along the boards and dish some nice passes but more often than not he just creates turnovers. If anything he's a defensive liability on the ice because he looks lost when the leafs are in their own zone. The kid will be good, he's talented, but he's still making allot of mistakes (like young players do) and is not someone you want playing on your top 6 as of yet, that would be disastrous for our playoff chances. Although I do agree he should be given more PP time. Lupul is someone who should be on the top 6 no questions asked, he is having an amazing year and impresses me more and more every game. He can create opportunities out of nothing, he's strong on the boards, and drives the net on every play. In my opinion Lupul and Kessel should not be split up, Lupul is the spark to that line, and Bozak's speed and pass-first mentality is a good fit as well.

I agree Kadri is not a power forward, but in no way is Lupul one of our better two way forwards, the giveaway on the Diaz goal was proof, he is a Puck hog, but his offense has overshadowed that this season.

Old
01-22-2012, 11:37 AM
zapy

His legs are like tree trunks!

Old
01-22-2012, 11:39 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapy View Post
His legs are like tree trunks!
like very thick mangroves

Old
01-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

So I deke so hard poke checks wanna find me, broken ankles caused by me
Whats an ELC to a winger like me, can you please remind me?
(Deke so hard) With my thrill-seeks, AHL's best player for like 4 weeks
Gomez on pace to score 0 in 82 and I look at him like "his shot reeks"
(Deke so hard) These standings weird, we spose to be lower than here
(Deke so hard) Since we here, get a bit higher, start playoff fear
Pyscho: I'm liable to go Number 9, I'll do it up
Gordie Howe, Maurice Richard, Bobby Hull: Stanley Cup

(Deke so hard) No time on the clock, dangled him out of his jock
Last minute in overtime, just sniped it home, gave the crowd shocks
(Deke so hard) I'm shocked too, Phil's line s'posed to be playing through
If you were drafted where I was drafted, Ronnie will give you ice time too
(Deke so hard) Yet I must say, scoring line makes sick plays
Loops is there, I don't care, Nazem's next one of these days
(Deke so hard) ***** behave, just might let you meet Jay
Alberta's hill-Rose, beats the goons, in his way

Deke so hard, yeah my name is Nazem Kadri

"Mophead in the middle is the mad scientist of the group. He sits quietly, wide eyed with a smile on his face until someone unleashes him, and then he explodes into an explanation Fury like a coked out physicist explaining the Theory of Relativity to a grade 8 class."
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Jeffler: 01-22-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old
01-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Kulemon

Crabb on the second line but kadri on the third..... I don't even know what to say anymore

Old
01-22-2012, 12:10 PM
bunjay

Id rather have Frattin back, honestly. This team isnt short on skill, it's short on power. Nobody taking it hard to the net the way Frattin can, nobody standing in front of the opposing goalie, nobody banging in garbage rebounds, nobody punishing the other team on the boards and making them work nearly hard enough in our zone.

Old
01-22-2012, 12:27 PM
jughead42

Quote:
Originally Posted by araisarena View Post
It's time to give Nazem more time, he's been a pleasant surprise, has been solid on both ends of the ice, and i feel is the only person other than kessel that can create something out of nothing. great hands, great hockey IQ, makes all the small plays and takes hits to push the puck up. Might still be light, but hes still 6'0 or 6'1 so he'll be fine and grow into that body eventually. ITS KADRI TIME!
He's inconsistent in a big way, how could you pretend he's ready? The guy gets called up and plays well for a couple games then goes into the tank for about 10 games. How is that ready? Send him down, its obvious the guy hasn't figured out that being an NHL player requires a consistent effort every night.

Old
01-22-2012, 12:40 PM
Pyromaniac3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
Id rather have Frattin back, honestly. This team isnt short on skill, it's short on power. Nobody taking it hard to the net the way Frattin can, nobody standing in front of the opposing goalie, nobody banging in garbage rebounds, nobody punishing the other team on the boards and making them work nearly hard enough in our zone.
Frattin never did that.

Old
01-22-2012, 12:56 PM
TMLeafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
He's inconsistent in a big way, how could you pretend he's ready? The guy gets called up and plays well for a couple games then goes into the tank for about 10 games. How is that ready? Send him down, its obvious the guy hasn't figured out that being an NHL player requires a consistent effort every night.
By your requirements, most of the team should be in the AHL.

I never understood why a player that gets knocked down yet still goes into the corners every time willing to take the hit pisses certain people off so much.

Frattin fits the "power forward" physical description, but he wasn't exactly one to screen and pot in garbage goals. Not sure where that description of him comes from. He did drive the net on occasion, though, but I recall him shooting from outside more than standing in front of the net. He's got a heavy shot (that needs tuning).

Last edited by TMLeafer: 01-22-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old
01-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Duffman955

Kulemin- kadri - Lupul

Kadri could make plays while both wingers do the dirty work and both can finish plays with their shots.

Connolly- steckel - kessel is another interesting combination of playmaker(connolly) size and net presense (steckel) and a shooter in kessel.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:09 PM
araisarena

Kadri is the only player on the team that isnt a female dog. he is 6'1 170 and still goes into the boards, gets wrecked and comes back for more. He is the only one who actually creates stuff in the offensive zone, he can consistently keep the cycle going, he's shown speed, he goes hard, and he gets face planted into the boards and still comes up asking for more. He is the toughest kid on our team, and he has shown potential leadership for only being 21. We are so hard on him, but 29 other teams whom see his as much as we have would love to have him. Heart and soul kinda guy just like he was for Kitchener and London.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:12 PM
StarBurns RIP
No Agenda

I've been very optimistic about Kadri since he was drafted but I'm starting to pick up a Kyle Wellwood vibe to this guy. Is he ever going to be more than an undersized guy with good hands and a few showy moves?

Old
01-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by araisarena View Post
Kadri is the only player on the team that isnt a female dog. he is 6'1 170 and still goes into the boards, gets wrecked and comes back for more. He is the only one who actually creates stuff in the offensive zone, he can consistently keep the cycle going, he's shown speed, he goes hard, and he gets face planted into the boards and still comes up asking for more. He is the toughest kid on our team, and he has shown potential leadership for only being 21. We are so hard on him, but 29 other teams whom see his as much as we have would love to have him. Heart and soul kinda guy just like he was for Kitchener and London.
Add to that, he has elite talent

Old
01-22-2012, 01:26 PM
Darylman

How anyone can think Kadri isn't our fourth best forward is beyond me.

Kessel
Lupul
Grabo
Kadri AINEC

Old
01-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Gatorade*

Kadri has to show he is the complete package. Not there yet.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:30 PM
Einzakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darylman View Post
How anyone can think Kadri isn't our fourth best forward is beyond me.

Kessel
Lupul
Grabo
Kadri AINEC
So you're telling me that as of right now Kadri is better than Connolly? Not a chance.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Smif

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehealthyscratch View Post
You're joking right? Kadri doesn't resemble anything remotely close to a "power" forward, sure he can make some nifty moves along the boards and dish some nice passes but more often than not he just creates turnovers. If anything he's a defensive liability on the ice because he looks lost when the leafs are in their own zone. The kid will be good, he's talented, but he's still making allot of mistakes (like young players do) and is not someone you want playing on your top 6 as of yet, that would be disastrous for our playoff chances. Although I do agree he should be given more PP time. Lupul is someone who should be on the top 6 no questions asked, he is having an amazing year and impresses me more and more every game. He can create opportunities out of nothing, he's strong on the boards, and drives the net on every play. In my opinion Lupul and Kessel should not be split up, Lupul is the spark to that line, and Bozak's speed and pass-first mentality is a good fit as well.
I said "the closest thing to a powerforward" I didn't say he was one. In our top six he's the only one that throws hits. It's more a shot at the rest of our top 6. Kulemin is suppose to be a powerforward but he shouldn't be in our top 6 with the way he's played.

Old
01-22-2012, 01:47 PM
Captain Clutch 13

Kadri has been great so far, not sure where the haters are coming from. I cant think of a single huge, boneheaded defensive gaffe that he's made in his time up, he is dumping the puck in at all the right times. His skill and creativity is awesome and is best illuminated when playing with Connolly and Lupul, he deserved a few assists from Lombardi. He seemingly has chemistry with everybody which is a sign of a great passer. He loves going to the dirty areas and is pretty good on the boards considering his size. He just needs ti fill out his body a little more and to just keep gaining NHL (not AHL) experience.

What more can you ask from him? Not all prospects can turn out like Skinner

Old
01-22-2012, 03:59 PM
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALDAL View Post
OMG again stop with the Kadri love can you not all see at 21 he is the size of a 12 grade kid? Like eat some meat already and play some MEN hockey
This is the second thread where you've brought up Grade 12(17-18yr old) boys.

Should we be concerned?

Old
01-22-2012, 04:10 PM
bunjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 View Post
Frattin never did that.
Frattin makes himself very hard to play against on th eboards and cutting to the net from the wing. The guy is a truck. We need that more than we need another small, skilled forward. No idea what you're talking about.

Old
01-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Captain Clutch 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
Frattin makes himself very hard to play against on th eboards and cutting to the net from the wing. The guy is a truck. We need that more than we need another small, skilled forward. No idea what you're talking about.
Kadri drives the net just as much as Frattin, Frattin is more solid physically but the way Kadri can turn and spin on a dime makes him just as effective on board play. The fact that Kadri can actually pass just confirms Kadri's current superiority IMO.

Old
01-22-2012, 04:19 PM
HenryH

Kadri's production went down after moving Connolly off from him and Mac to Kessel and Lupul when Bozak got injured and had Lombardi playing with them. Lombardi couldn't do anything especially the Detroit game where Kadri sets him up nicely 2-3 times.

Put him with players that can produce and he will get points. I think he should see more pp time. One thing I don't like about our first unit pp is having 3 right handed forwards (lupul, bozak, kessel) where having Bozak right in the middle is not doing much. Atleast a left handed player there can do a one timer.

Closed Thread