HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another Kadri Discussion ... pros and cons are welcome

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2012, 06:25 PM
  #51
Hero
The Corporal Returns
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 19,334
vCash: 500
Tell Kadri his arms don't look big in that shirt.

Hero is offline  
Old
01-22-2012, 06:42 PM
  #52
ForSpareParts*
agreement
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by araisarena View Post
It's time to give Nazem more time, he's been a pleasant surprise, has been solid on both ends of the ice, and i feel is the only person other than kessel that can create something out of nothing. great hands, great hockey IQ, makes all the small plays and takes hits to push the puck up. Might still be light, but hes still 6'0 or 6'1 so he'll be fine and grow into that body eventually. ITS KADRI TIME!
no.

he is a NHL 3rd liner at best and his career ceiling.


i'll give you some hard stats to chew on:

1 point in his last 2 games
6 points in 16 games
on pace for 18 points in 51 games


0.38 Points Per Game
behind this all-star cast:

Colborne
Lombardi
Crabb
Kulemin

no.



Last edited by ForSpareParts*: 01-22-2012 at 06:58 PM.
ForSpareParts* is offline  
Old
01-22-2012, 07:47 PM
  #53
bunjay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Clutch 13 View Post
Kadri drives the net just as much as Frattin, Frattin is more solid physically but the way Kadri can turn and spin on a dime makes him just as effective on board play. The fact that Kadri can actually pass just confirms Kadri's current superiority IMO.
Dont know what to say, you've got those homer glasses firmly pushed up on your nose. Kadri makes himself easy to play against. He doesnt drive the net just as much as Frattin, and there's also a crucial difference between trying, and actually getting there. Kadri is not 'just as effect on board play,' he mostly gets pushed around and falls down more often than he ends up with the puck.

bunjay is offline  
Old
01-22-2012, 07:52 PM
  #54
Beleafer4
Registered User
 
Beleafer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreement View Post
no.

he is a NHL 3rd liner at best and his career ceiling.

i'll give you some hard stats to chew on:

1 point in his last 2 games
6 points in 16 games
on pace for 18 points in 51 games


0.38 Points Per Game
behind this all-star cast:

Colborne
Lombardi
Crabb
Kulemin

no.

I wouldnt call that if I were you.

Beleafer4 is offline  
Old
01-22-2012, 08:07 PM
  #55
Duffman955
Registered User
 
Duffman955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreement View Post
no.

he is a NHL 3rd liner at best and his career ceiling.


i'll give you some hard stats to chew on:

1 point in his last 2 games
6 points in 16 games
on pace for 18 points in 51 games


0.38 Points Per Game
behind this all-star cast:

Colborne
Lombardi
Crabb
Kulemin

no.

LOL for clearly explaining why you know absolutely nothing about hockey

Duffman955 is offline  
Old
01-22-2012, 08:14 PM
  #56
ForSpareParts*
agreement
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,904
vCash: 500
click on this bar to view the full image


ForSpareParts* is offline  
Old
01-22-2012, 08:20 PM
  #57
Auzzie19
Registered User
 
Auzzie19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The North
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
Dont know what to say, you've got those homer glasses firmly pushed up on your nose. Kadri makes himself easy to play against. He doesnt drive the net just as much as Frattin, and there's also a crucial difference between trying, and actually getting there. Kadri is not 'just as effect on board play,' he mostly gets pushed around and falls down more often than he ends up with the puck.
TBH I don't ever remember Frattin driving the net. He would just fly up the middle then slide to the right side and shoot it towards the net, that seems a whole lot familiar (Kessel). I will have to agree that Frattin actually can throw a hit compared to Kessel. Kadri, Lupul and our 4th line seem to be the only forwards taking the Puck to the net.

Auzzie19 is offline  
Old
01-22-2012, 08:24 PM
  #58
dronald
Registered User
 
dronald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Hamilton, ON
Posts: 1,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by araisarena View Post
Kadri is the only player on the team that isnt a female dog. he is 6'1 170 and still goes into the boards, gets wrecked .
He sure does.

dronald is offline  
Old
01-22-2012, 11:19 PM
  #59
saffronleaf
Registered User
 
saffronleaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country:
Posts: 3,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffler View Post


So I deke so hard poke checks wanna find me, broken ankles caused by me
Whats an ELC to a winger like me, can you please remind me?
(Deke so hard) With my thrill-seeks, AHL's best player for like 4 weeks
Gomez on pace to score 0 in 82 and I look at him like "his shot reeks"
(Deke so hard) These standings weird, we spose to be lower than here
(Deke so hard) Since we here, get a bit higher, start playoff fear
Pyscho: I'm liable to go Number 9, I'll do it up
Gordie Howe, Maurice Richard, Bobby Hull: Stanley Cup

(Deke so hard) No time on the clock, dangled him out of his jock
Last minute in overtime, just sniped it home, gave the crowd shocks
(Deke so hard) I'm shocked too, Phil's line s'posed to be playing through
If you were drafted where I was drafted, Ronnie will give you ice time too
(Deke so hard) Yet I must say, scoring line makes sick plays
Loops is there, I don't care, Nazem's next one of these days
(Deke so hard) ***** behave, just might let you meet Jay
Alberta's hill-Rose, beats the goons, in his way

Deke so hard, yeah my name is Nazem Kadri
I lol'd

saffronleaf is offline  
Old
01-23-2012, 12:04 AM
  #60
Smif
Registered User
 
Smif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreement View Post
no.

he is a NHL 3rd liner at best and his career ceiling.


i'll give you some hard stats to chew on:

1 point in his last 2 games
6 points in 16 games
on pace for 18 points in 51 games


0.38 Points Per Game
behind this all-star cast:

Colborne
Lombardi
Crabb
Kulemin

no.

I love it when stats guys throw out numbers like this. Watch the game for once.

Smif is offline  
Old
01-23-2012, 12:11 AM
  #61
bunjay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzie19 View Post
TBH I don't ever remember Frattin driving the net. He would just fly up the middle then slide to the right side and shoot it towards the net, that seems a whole lot familiar (Kessel). I will have to agree that Frattin actually can throw a hit compared to Kessel. Kadri, Lupul and our 4th line seem to be the only forwards taking the Puck to the net.


I don't know if you just weren't paying attention or what but Fratting is so strong, during his NHL games he could go wherever he wanted on the ice. His board work and drive to the net is miles ahead of Kadri, ditto for hitting and protecting the puck in general.

bunjay is offline  
Old
01-23-2012, 12:28 AM
  #62
contour
Registered User
 
contour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,662
vCash: 500
An anagram of Nazem Kadri is Amazed Rink.

contour is offline  
Old
01-23-2012, 12:34 AM
  #63
ForSpareParts*
agreement
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
I love it when stats guys throw out numbers like this. Watch the game for once.
i'm going on Monday VS. The Islanders

you gonna be there?

ForSpareParts* is offline  
Old
01-23-2012, 12:43 AM
  #64
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER
 
cup67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: TORONTO
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,294
vCash: 500
kadri is a beast

cup67 is offline  
Old
01-23-2012, 12:54 AM
  #65
Lebanese Leaf
Registered User
 
Lebanese Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 6,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreement View Post
no.

he is a NHL 3rd liner at best and his career ceiling.


i'll give you some hard stats to chew on:

1 point in his last 2 games
6 points in 16 games
on pace for 18 points in 51 games


0.38 Points Per Game
behind this all-star cast:

Colborne
Lombardi
Crabb
Kulemin

no.

This guy and jughead have had an Anti-Kadri agenda since they signed up. They have zero credibility in objectively discussing anything Kadri related.

Lebanese Leaf is offline  
Old
01-23-2012, 12:57 AM
  #66
Smif
Registered User
 
Smif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreement View Post
i'm going on Monday VS. The Islanders

you gonna be there?
You're wasting your money. Have you figured out how the whole offside rule works yet?

Smif is offline  
Old
01-23-2012, 01:20 AM
  #67
oscarknows
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
ya frattin is tearing up the ahl

oscarknows is offline  
Old
01-23-2012, 01:20 AM
  #68
DeathToAllButMetal
Let it all burn.
 
DeathToAllButMetal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,353
vCash: 500
Is this board all about pitting one player against another anymore? If fanboys aren't fighting over Reimer/Monster, they're fighting over Kadri/Frattin/Wilson/Etc.

Kadri looks good in spurts, has great hands, some pretty good vision. But he also tends to be a puck hog and has a real me-first attitude out there where he'll waste shifts trying to deke three guys. Or pull something stupid like running over a goalie just days after the league warned players to knock off the goalie interference. He's also still very weak on the puck.

So, all in all, he's a prospect who needs a lot of maturing. Kadri's not a surefire top-six, much like pretty much all of the Leafs prospects. So I wouldn't get too excited about him yet, let alone get cranked up like some of the deep thinkers in here that were predicting last summer that he'd clock 70 points this year.

DeathToAllButMetal is offline  
Old
01-23-2012, 02:14 AM
  #69
TheVision
Registered User
 
TheVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddGillForever View Post
Is this board all about pitting one player against another anymore? If fanboys aren't fighting over Reimer/Monster, they're fighting over Kadri/Frattin/Wilson/Etc.

Kadri looks good in spurts, has great hands, some pretty good vision. But he also tends to be a puck hog and has a real me-first attitude out there where he'll waste shifts trying to deke three guys. Or pull something stupid like running over a goalie just days after the league warned players to knock off the goalie interference. He's also still very weak on the puck.

So, all in all, he's a prospect who needs a lot of maturing. Kadri's not a surefire top-six, much like pretty much all of the Leafs prospects. So I wouldn't get too excited about him yet, let alone get cranked up like some of the deep thinkers in here that were predicting last summer that he'd clock 70 points this year.
Oh My Goodness...I could not have said this better myself! It's so refreshing to read others on here that have not totally succumbed to the Nazem Kadri lovefest. He'll be a decent 20-30goal guy someday, but is so immature, as a person, and it reflects n the ice. I too find him incredibly selfish, me first attitude. Until he loses that crap, sorry...he's just a lot of style and no substance. And for saying all that, I'm sure we're viewed as haters, where in fact...we're just being more rational about the kid.

TheVision is offline  
Old
01-23-2012, 02:15 AM
  #70
kccovey
Registered User
 
kccovey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 138
vCash: 500
Watching Kadri play is a practice in patience. Its something in the way he carries the puck, always has his head up and the ability to control edges so well that gets me glued to the screen. But then I lose it when he makes bone headed plays. If someone would just run him early each game to fire him up it'd be perfect. He's like hell fire when someone hits him. Finishes all his checks, skates harder, takes on guys in the corner.

It feels similar to the path Giroux took in getting to full time in the NHL. He has all the tools, we know his deficiencies. If he can fire himself up night after night and gets the minutes along side elite talent he is going to be something great to watch.

kccovey is offline  
Old
01-23-2012, 02:20 AM
  #71
TheVision
Registered User
 
TheVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kccovey View Post
Watching Kadri play is a practice in patience. Its something in the way he carries the puck, always has his head up and the ability to control edges so well that gets me glued to the screen. But then I lose it when he makes bone headed plays. If someone would just run him early each game to fire him up it'd be perfect. He's like hell fire when someone hits him. Finishes all his checks, skates harder, takes on guys in the corner.

It feels similar to the path Giroux took in getting to full time in the NHL. He has all the tools, we know his deficiencies. If he can fire himself up night after night and gets the minutes along side elite talent he is going to be something great to watch.
I think you've nailed something here with Kadri. Wislon sat him for a game, which got all the KadriLovers upset...and look what happened, came out and scored a nifty goal vs the Wild. I think with Kadri, he needs to be 2X4 trained, meaning he'll only get it if you're extremely blunt. he needs a good smack upside the head. Most likely because he probably believes, and has been told his entire life, that he's the perfect specimen. He just needs to learn that he's not and probably needs that fire put into him. He needs to go to boot camp for the summer and get pissed off...and alot more humble

TheVision is offline  
Old
01-23-2012, 08:34 AM
  #72
InTermsOf*
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 465
vCash: 500
You are either a Kadri lover or a Kadri hater THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN.

InTermsOf* is offline  
Old
01-23-2012, 08:56 AM
  #73
nsleaf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,063
vCash: 500
Polarized

Has there been a leaf player in recent history who has polarized fans as much as Kadri? To all the Kadri lovers: he ain't that good!
To all the Kadri haters: he ain't that bad!

nsleaf is offline  
Old
01-23-2012, 09:03 AM
  #74
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Air Canada Center
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,011
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
That shi* Kray! aint it jay (rosehill)

TML g u n n e R s* is offline  
Old
01-23-2012, 09:13 AM
  #75
The Messenger
Registered User
 
The Messenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,243
vCash: 500
Can't believe I actually read this thread. What a waste. Belongs in the trash heap!

The Messenger is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.