HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another Kadri Discussion ... pros and cons are welcome

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2012, 12:48 AM
anderson3133

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
Here's the problem. Anytime you point out the negatives of Kadri's game, his flaws; which there are many! You get labelled as a Kadri Hater. Nazem Kadri will be a decent 2nd line, one dimensional offensive player that will most likely generate 25-30 goals yearly in his prime. But saying that makes me a hater, because I'm not blindly loving everything about him. He is a very selfish player...and Wilson again was seen behind the bench talking with him after he coughed up a puck and refused to go off on a routine line change. This kid wants to do it all himself. Again, I'm a hater for saying that.

I think the problem here truly lies with the blinded, hopeless optimists that are the Kadri Love Brigade. You're all so blinded by his flashy play and the POTENTIAL he has, and this team hasn't had much of that in recent years. So it's understandable that we all want him to be that special player some of you think he already is. Well guess what, he's not...not even close. He's still only potential at this point. The good news is that he has great potential to be a good contributor at the NHL level...again, me hating on him. It's just going to take alot more maturation and alot less of the me me me attitude he displays nightly.

So stop attacking those of us that are being more rational about this kid. Beacuse, if he doesn't turn out to be the perrenial all-star you all have him touted as already, I'm not going to be the one who is devestated that he's not a first line all star. I will be quite content though if he can provide good reliable secondary scoring. Anything above that is gravy as far as I'm concerned. And if the kid fails...each and everyone of you will eat him alive, and thats truly unfair to him.
Most of your listed negatives can be easily transferable to numerous prospects around here and even to the ones who have landed in the hands of other teams. People think Brayden Schenn, MPS, and a host of other recently drafted players will be far better than Kadri and all of this remains to be seen. This is Hockeysfuture and people will highly regard any young, talented player as having a tonne of potential.

Old
01-24-2012, 12:52 AM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
I don't get 95% of the references in here, does that make me old?

Old
01-24-2012, 01:01 AM
anderson3133

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
I don't get 95% of the references in here, does that make me old?
It's from a song by Jay-Z and Kanye West. It's called "In Paris" if you want to check it out, of course.

Old
01-24-2012, 01:32 AM
goguls

Quote:
Here's the problem. Anytime you point out the negatives of Kadri's game, his flaws; which there are many! You get labelled as a Kadri Hater. Nazem Kadri will be a decent 2nd line, one dimensional offensive player that will most likely generate 25-30 goals yearly in his prime. But saying that makes me a hater, because I'm not blindly loving everything about him. He is a very selfish player...and Wilson again was seen behind the bench talking with him after he coughed up a puck and refused to go off on a routine line change. This kid wants to do it all himself. Again, I'm a hater for saying that.

I think the problem here truly lies with the blinded, hopeless optimists that are the Kadri Love Brigade. You're all so blinded by his flashy play and the POTENTIAL he has, and this team hasn't had much of that in recent years. So it's understandable that we all want him to be that special player some of you think he already is. Well guess what, he's not...not even close. He's still only potential at this point. The good news is that he has great potential to be a good contributor at the NHL level...again, me hating on him. It's just going to take alot more maturation and alot less of the me me me attitude he displays nightly.

So stop attacking those of us that are being more rational about this kid. Beacuse, if he doesn't turn out to be the perrenial all-star you all have him touted as already, I'm not going to be the one who is devestated that he's not a first line all star. I will be quite content though if he can provide good reliable secondary scoring. Anything above that is gravy as far as I'm concerned. And if the kid fails...each and everyone of you will eat him alive, and thats truly unfair to him.
25-30 goals? Thats WAY too many for this greedy, cocky, selfish, tiny, soft, dumb, classless, "no finish", first round draft bust!
You are clearly a Kadri fanboy

Old
01-24-2012, 01:52 AM
TheVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by anderson3133 View Post
Most of your listed negatives can be easily transferable to numerous prospects around here and even to the ones who have landed in the hands of other teams. People think Brayden Schenn, MPS, and a host of other recently drafted players will be far better than Kadri and all of this remains to be seen. This is Hockeysfuture and people will highly regard any young, talented player as having a tonne of potential.
True...but we're not talking about any of those players in this thread. We are discussing Nazem Kadri, and everything I said of him is true. Some just don't want to believe it, and don't agree...so they deem me a hater. It's all good, I'm cool with that. As I said in my post, if he turns out to be a dud...I won't be nearly as PO'd as all the Blind Kadri Lovers will be. If he turns out to be that 50goal superstar with those wonderful creative passes, then great! That to me is a bonus, I'm just keeping my expectations of him as realistic as possible.

Now I read that he's a wonderful playmaker, it's just his linemates that can't finish. REALLY...it's come to that. It's so painful. It can't be him, it has to be everyone else that's preventing him from getting points. Come on....it's just silly. He's 21 and makes mistakes, it's natural, but to sit here and make him sound like perfection...you're all setting yourselves up for one massive disappointment if he doesn't turn out the way you all say he is now. You'll lynch him!

Old
01-24-2012, 01:56 AM
TheVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguls View Post
25-30 goals? Thats WAY too many for this greedy, cocky, selfish, tiny, soft, dumb, classless, "no finish", first round draft bust!
You are clearly a Kadri fanboy
And it's silly posts like this that just prove my point. Kadri lovers can't handle any criticism, so they have to be knobs about it. keep it coming.

As a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs, I hope he's as good as I think he'll be or more. But as a poster here, it wouldn't hurt me at all to see him ONLY become a 2nd line player, just to hear all you hopelessly optimistic folks whining about how he's a bust...it will be great entertainment, and we all know that if he does disappoint you all...you'll turn on him and whine like little children.

I can't wait!

Old
01-24-2012, 02:02 AM
Eternal Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreement View Post
i was at the game tonight (with better tickets than you)

Kadri has disgraced this team for probably the last time (traded after the all-star break).

someone said in this thread that he is a "me first" player. well he is. you should have seen him taking credit for Lombardi's goal. the guy was practically bowing to the crowd in the middle of the ice (raising his hand in the air like he is a NHL champ). also skated in front of Lombardi to receive hi 5's from the bench and steal tv time.

his passes don't create any scoring chances. his so called creativity does not show. he's light out there (i don't know where he got the "nasty" nickname), he doesn't really have a shot that does anything, and his vision is the same as Komi's. the leafs might as well put Tyler Brenner out there.
The hate in your post is pathetic.

Old
01-24-2012, 06:27 AM
Mojo19
He's Big, He's Bald

Kadri will be great in two years IMO

Old
01-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Prophet Kadri

I don't know why leaf fans are mad at a player who's been offensively our playmaker since his call up.

I love his cockiness as well, you need to be cocky to be great in this league. Kadri thinks he could eventually be the best player on the team, he works hard on every shift on every par of the ice because of that cockiness. If you want to get mad at him for trivial reasons go ahead. Don't let Wilson and Burke's: "Derp: he's a defensive liability cuz you know 21 year olds are always good defensively. Let's sit him out a game" go to your head.

He's a good player and he was picking up the slack when our 1st and second lines weren't doing anything. Plus he's the only player from Ontario on our roster but that's another issue for another thread.

Old
01-24-2012, 10:51 AM
ACC1224
Steelers 1 - 1

Still falls down a lot.

Thought it was funny that he tried to take credit for the goal last night.

Old
01-24-2012, 11:03 AM
nsleaf

Quote:

Finally, a voice of reason and logic.

Old
01-24-2012, 11:05 AM
nsleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
I don't know why leaf fans are mad at a player who's been offensively our playmaker since his call up.

I love his cockiness as well, you need to be cocky to be great in this league. Kadri thinks he could eventually be the best player on the team, he works hard on every shift on every par of the ice because of that cockiness. If you want to get mad at him for trivial reasons go ahead. Don't let Wilson and Burke's: "Derp: he's a defensive liability cuz you know 21 year olds are always good defensively. Let's sit him out a game" go to your head.

He's a good player and he was picking up the slack when our 1st and second lines weren't doing anything. Plus he's the only player from Ontario on our roster but that's another issue for another thread.
Can't see how this would be an issue or thread worthy?

Old
01-24-2012, 11:10 AM
LC

Its been how many years since he was drafted and he is still a weakling?

Old
01-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Beleafer4

I call people kadri haters when they call him one-dimensional. He checks, drives the net, draws penalties, hustles every shift, is a pest and has become one of the better forwards in our own end. Sure, you can question his potential of you want, but the kid isnt one dimensional.

P.s. we brought him up during our worst streak of the season and he is still a plus player

Last edited by Beleafer4: 01-24-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old
01-25-2012, 07:34 AM
meng666

just thought I'd mention that kadri was robbed of an assist on Jake Gardiner's goal last night. He clearly touches and slightly redirects the Grabo pass from behind the net. I even think the redirection had a big part in the puck not being blocked by the Isles defence on the pass out. Watch the replay, particularly the second camera view:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ArycB6OV8c
Not a big deal because I'm super happy the leafs won. I do feel bad for Kadri here though just cuz Gardiner is definitely going to go on to have a huge amazing career and it would be really cool to have the assist on his first goal ever.

Old
01-25-2012, 08:27 AM
AlienWorkShop
No Ben! No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreement View Post
Kadri has disgraced this team for probably the last time (traded after the all-star break).

someone said in this thread that he is a "me first" player. well he is. you should have seen him taking credit for Lombardi's goal. the guy was practically bowing to the crowd in the middle of the ice (raising his hand in the air like he is a NHL champ). also skated in front of Lombardi to receive hi 5's from the bench and steal tv time.
Haha, you are a very silly person.

Old
01-25-2012, 08:55 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Leaf fans would be salivating for a player like Kadri if he was in another organization. His pros exceed is cons by quite a bit, and many of his cons are easy to fix.

The grass is always greener:

Last edited by The Podium: 01-25-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old
01-25-2012, 08:59 AM
BonMorrison
Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
I call people kadri haters when they call him one-dimensional. He checks, drives the net, draws penalties, hustles every shift, is a pest and has become one of the better forwards in our own end. Sure, you can question his potential of you want, but the kid isnt one dimensional.
Pretty much this - this kid is gonna become a beast in a year or two. People are just incredibly impatient.

Old
01-25-2012, 09:08 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Kadri isn't quite there yet, but should develop into a nice complimentary player.

Obviously there has to be concern about his physical abilities to be a fulltime NHL player, but if Wellwood can make it Kadri should.

He is only 21, so lots of time to mature.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
01-25-2012, 11:11 AM
Prophet Kadri

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsleaf View Post
Can't see how this would be an issue or thread worthy?
The fact that if we got more players from Ontario it's not a strectch to assume they would give more of a ****.

Think about it, your an Ontario kid and the Leafs are around the same position you tink your gonna be drafted. Your hoping Burke drafts you. Imagine if we didn't trade for Kessel and we got Seguin for arguements sake. He'd be God around here, and the fans would love a brampton born superstar.

Maybe more importantly comes re-signing time. He'd easily take a true hometown discount. If its an American for example the question is will he play as hard for a city that is 1,000 KM away and will he give that same discount? Burke is creating a American environment so that these American players will want to play ans stay. I think we should build a more backyard environment where we capitalize on the biggest hockey prodcing place in the world: Ontario.

Mostly I'd just love having more Ontario players for the fans.

Old
01-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Everlong
Franchise Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Kadri isn't quite there yet, but should develop into a nice complimentary player.

Obviously there has to be concern about his physical abilities to be a fulltime NHL player, but if Wellwood can make it Kadri should.

He is only 21, so lots of time to mature.
Agreed. His strength isn't there yet, but he's learning how to use his agility at the NHL level. This is probably the first year he's gotten consistent icetime and he seems to be rolling with it. He isn't improving by leaps and bounds, but he does seems to get better every couple of games. Good to see he's progressing. Don't know what some people expect out of him at this stage in his development.

Old
01-25-2012, 11:47 AM
hdtrax

He's a young player (21 turning 22 in Oct) in his second pro season.

People forget that most first rounders and beyond don't develop until after 23-24. Not everyone is Stamkos, Tavares, Seguin, RNH, etc. Literally three years after being drafted Cody Hodgson has started to show promise and only after his 4th pro season has James Neal started to hit his stride. Different times for different players.

We need patience with this kid. He shows some real promise of being a gritty, pesky player with hands.

Old
01-25-2012, 11:48 AM
The Caveman
snowbozie

Say what you want, but Kadri has perhaps the best vision on the team. His playmaking is very creative, and that you can't teach. He will be a very good player in a few more years.

Old
01-25-2012, 11:55 AM
calcal798

Kadri needs to work on his balance and core strength, he gets knocked off the puck and onto his a** way to easily. If he can do that it will also improve his hitting. Other then that Kadri has been okay, makes some rookie mistakes and tries to do to much, he will learn.

I'm saying he will be a 1st line 2nd line tweener, that will get 60-70 points in his prime and will be able to throw his body around quite a bit.

Old
01-25-2012, 12:06 PM
francis246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Dangles View Post
Jake Gardiner is UNREAL.

his poise with the puck is unlike anything I have ever seen. every time he touches the puck i feel like we're going to be able to establish the zone.
yes he does, but he also turns over the puck a whole lot..

Closed Thread