HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rene Bourque OR Michael Cammalleri?

View Poll Results: Who would you rather be on the Habs?
Rene Bourque 219 81.72%
Michael Cammalleri 49 18.28%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-09-2012, 08:39 AM
PunkinDrublic*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Neither ?

I would have prefered a 1st round pick than Bourque...
But he has a french name !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 08:39 AM
gillyguzzler

Idiot Marinaro is still going on and on and on about what a bad trade this was.

Since the trade,

Cammy - 6 games, 2 points, minus 5, 2 hits
Bourque - 6 games, 3 points, plus 1, 12 hits

And Cammy makes 6M while Bourque only makes 3.3M. Plus we got a decent prospect and a 2nd round pick. Man, what an idiot this Marinaro is.... and now he's ranting and raving that the Habs need to trade Cole.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 08:51 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
I am also going to go with neither. I guess if forced to choose I would keep Bourque...

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:05 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Idiot Marinaro is still going on and on and on about what a bad trade this was.

Since the trade,

Cammy - 6 games, 2 points, minus 5, 2 hits
Bourque - 6 games, 3 points, plus 1, 12 hits

And Cammy makes 6M while Bourque only makes 3.3M. Plus we got a decent prospect and a 2nd round pick. Man, what an idiot this Marinaro is.... and now he's ranting and raving that the Habs need to trade Cole.

Cammy - 9 games, 3 points, minus 7
Bourque - 10 games, 4 points, minus 2

way to go Cammy

-7 in 9 games
Calgary got scored 17 goal ES/SH

in all 6 ppg, he was on ice (3pts)
8 against ES
1 for ES

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Routs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
Explain how Bourque's salary is in line with his performance and Cammy gets paid more because of his production but yet only has 4 more points and 4 less goals than $3 million dollar Bourque??? That logic doesn't make sense to me!!!

If Cammy is worth the $6 million he makes, shouldn't he have almost 30 goals and closer to 50-60 points???? I know a lot of players around the NHL that have more points than Cammalleri and don't make near as much money as he does!!

Sorry....but I'll take a hard working, physical 6'3 winger like Bourque over a soft, overpaid primadonna like Cammalleri anyday of the weak!!!

Yeah...Cammy might have been a beast for the Habs in the playoffs....but what good is that when he won't give an honest effort all season long and help his team make the playoffs???
I'm not sure what you are arguing here. He said Bourque is worth his contract and Cammi is not. You are arguing the same point he made.

Routs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:21 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post

way to go Cammy

-7 in 9 games
Calgary got scored 17 goal ES/SH

in all 6 ppg, he was on ice (3pts)
8 against ES
1 for ES
You're right... I got my stats from TSN but they're outdated.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Routs

I was a huge fan of Cammalleri when he signed here. Small guy who worked his butt off every shift. Pure goal scorer who had a perfect release. Leader with how he carried himself with the media. Then somewhere it all fell apart.

He suddenly stopped talking to the media. His effort dropped off. His shot was slower and less accurate. Something changed. Could be something in his personal life. Maybe someone close to him battling something. He lost his spirit and lets face it - when you are a small sniper who relies almost exclusively on effort, you aren't going tobe the same without it.

One thing I do question though is if he over trained in the off season. I like making fun of his endless biosteel tweets but it was almost like a guy obsessed. While I applaud him for staying in great shape, I think he overdid it and had nothing in the tank early on.

I'd take the first Cammi we had any day for his current cap hit. The reality is that for whatever reason, he's a shell right now.

Old
02-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routs View Post
I was a huge fan of Cammalleri when he signed here. Small guy who worked his butt off every shift. Pure goal scorer who had a perfect release. Leader with how he carried himself with the media. Then somewhere it all fell apart.

He suddenly stopped talking to the media. His effort dropped off. His shot was slower and less accurate. Something changed. Could be something in his personal life. Maybe someone close to him battling something. He lost his spirit and lets face it - when you are a small sniper who relies almost exclusively on effort, you aren't going tobe the same without it.

One thing I do question though is if he over trained in the off season. I like making fun of his endless biosteel tweets but it was almost like a guy obsessed. While I applaud him for staying in great shape, I think he overdid it and had nothing in the tank early on.

I'd take the first Cammi we had any day for his current cap hit. The reality is that for whatever reason, he's a shell right now.
He just wasn't the same guy this season. I figured he might be hurt or something but you're absolutely right, something just really seemed off with him. Bad season and he's just been hurt all the time since joining us. JM also candidly said that he wasn't happy playing under his stifling defensive system.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:50 AM
Routs

On Bourque, I like what I've seen so far. Took responsibility for what he did and stood up for himself. Can be physical at times and is hard to knock around. Can play on any of the top three lines and not look out of place. Absolute rocket of a shot and very accurate. Very quick skater for his size.

Would I like him to play with more intensity? Of course. Would I like him to drive to the net more? Definitely. The reality is for his salary, he's doing well. Guys like Ryan, Perry and lesser extent, Cole, earn their higher salaries for a reason. I am hoping some time with a consistent line will help him improve his game further but I'm happy with what we got. I'm also hoping Cole will help him develop some if his game as he's clearly helped Max. Older player but Cole strikes me as a great teacher.

From a trade perspective, getting the second pick and Holland fully tips it in the Habs favour.

Old
02-09-2012, 09:51 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
He just wasn't the same guy this season. I figured he might be hurt or something but you're absolutely right, something just really seemed off with him. Bad season and he's just been hurt all the time since joining us. JM also candidly said that he wasn't happy playing under his stifling defensive system.
Well **** happens. When life gives you lemons you make a lemonade. Cammalleri has character issues, he is not a player you want around your team. I don't think locker room cancer is inappropriate to describe him, a 2 face little weasel is what he is.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:54 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
1- Calgary would've not been under salary cap. They are 2.5 millions over the cap without Bourque. (saved by IR)
2- Why Calgary wouldve traded a 1st for Cammy + having Bourque with their team. Cammy's cap is bad enough to not be a 2nd round pick
There were other teams interested in Cammaleri and they could have traded Bourque to another team.

No reason to take on his contract in this deal...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Routs

Quote:
There were other teams interested in Cammaleri and they could have traded Bourque to another team.

Maybe the Habs wanted Bourque?

Old
02-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Bourque has 62 hits compared to 11 for Cammalleri...
Cammy has more giveaways (28) than takeaways (16) while Bourque has more takeaways (27) than giveaways (23).

While Bourque is far from perfect, he is a hell of an upgrade over Cammy who wasn't producing... for cheaper.
Once again, that's not the comparable. You can knock all you want on Cammalleri, Bourque isn't a player I'm remotely interested in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Cammy is on pace for a "Gomez like" season...
Yeah, and the wheels were falling off here. He's been money in the playoffs 2 years running on top of beeing 2 1/2 season removed from a 39 goal, 82 point season.

I very much doubt he still wouldn't get better keeping the same pace.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:02 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routs View Post
Maybe the Habs wanted Bourque?
That's the whole problem... the poll asked which one you prefer... I said neither. He's lazy and overpaid for the role asked of him. Basically, an older AK with multiple years left on his contract.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:03 AM
llamateizer

Quote:

Depending on which team
I Doubt montreal wouldve traded him to an eastern team (boston, Toronto...) for little gain.

Old
02-09-2012, 10:05 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Once again, that's not the comparable. You can knock all you want on Cammalleri, Bourque isn't a player I'm remotely interested in.

Yeah, and the wheels were falling off here. He's been money in the playoffs 2 years running on top of beeing 2 1/2 season removed from a 39 goal, 82 point season.

what kind of player are you interested?

Old
02-09-2012, 10:05 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:

That's what the majority of folks said when we traded for Gomez. I think the analogy was apt to describe Cammy's current situation.

You would have a point if he was a different player on the Flames, but he isn't. Same 'ol Cammy.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 10:26 AM
WestIslander

I prefer Bourque because he's cheaper and tougher than Cammalleri.

Bourque will be a 30 goal scorer in Montreal! Watch.

WestIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 11:04 AM
otto bond

Quote:
That's the whole problem... the poll asked which one you prefer... I said neither. He's lazy and overpaid for the role asked of him. Basically, an older AK with multiple years left on his contract.
I'm not sure what to think here....I say he's at about equal to other 20-25 goal scorer PWF in this league. If he was a 30-35 goal scorer, I say it would take about 5 million a year.
Also the lazy part I don't buy...he may look more invisible on some nigh and looks less interested but I say it's more is anticipation that lacks, hockey sense or even chemistry with his teammate witch results in him being less involved in the play on some nights.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
what kind of player are you interested?
Players who aren't scrubs signed for 4 more years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
That's what the majority of folks said when we traded for Gomez. I think the analogy was apt to describe Cammy's current situation.

You would have a point if he was a different player on the Flames, but he isn't. Same 'ol Cammy.
The Gomez deal just shows when the right team comes along, you can get gold for garbage that was considered gold a while ago. Cammalleri also has only 2 more years left, not 5.

If you had the option of getting Bourque or McDonagh for Cammy, which one would you take? Because it's not out of the question that's the type of return we could've gotten out of a team at the deadline.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 01:18 PM
UncleRuckus

Quote:
Yeah, for the same # of pts I'm pretty happy with the much tougher, more fun to watch Bourque, 2nd rounder and Patrick Holland

Cammy is going to be great in all 5 of Calgary's playoff games, if they even make it there

UncleRuckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Well **** happens. When life gives you lemons you make a lemonade. Cammalleri has character issues, he is not a player you want around your team. I don't think locker room cancer is inappropriate to describe him, a 2 face little weasel is what he is.
So uh, you don't like him then?

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I prefer Bourque because he's cheaper and tougher than Cammalleri.

Bourque will be a 30 goal scorer in Montreal! Watch.
Not sure he hits 30 but I see him as a constant 20+. As much as I like Cammalleri I like this move going forward. Habs needed this

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 03:46 PM
la25ecoupe

At least Bourque is 100% accurate in shootouts.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 03:54 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:

Yup, he WAS... just like Gomez was OK two seasons ago both in reg season and PO...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote