HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you support the Habs moving back to 2313 Saint Catherine Street?

Old
01-23-2012, 06:11 AM
Sumoki Dachiba

vCash: 500
1. BC Place is from the 80's...why renovate a building that is almost 30 years old? A new building like that only lasts 40 years max according to you.

2. They changed an old cloth roof for a new fancier one. They didn't remove an entire mall from inside BC place and build a new football stadium that seats 30000 people. The stadium was already there, they just changed the roof and added some solar panels and lights. The inside is a bit nicer yes, but no major changes were made.

3. The only thing remotely iconic about BC Place was, and remains, it's roof. It's just a different roof now. We here in Vancouver didn't renovate because we needed to keep the 'spirit' of the BC Lions alive or whatever; putting a new roof on was simply the cheapest way to have a serviceable stadium for soccer and football in Vancouver.

4. I love the Habs and count myself lucky to have seen a practice and taken a tour in the old Forum the last season it was used but I was 12 then. I'm 28 now, the time for renovating the Forum is long past.

5. All these buildings you are using as comparisons are in no ways comparable to a hockey arena. Open stadiums and Government buildings work differently to enclosed arenas. Name me one enclosed arena that is a heritage building and is still in use today by a major sports team. I bet you can't.

The world has moved on, you should too.

Sumoki Dachiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:11 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Take a look here at the part of town the Oilers new Arena will be built...don't sit there and try to go on about location of Montreal Forum ....

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=grant+m...12,106.61,,0,0
But shouldn't they be redeveloping Rexall Place rather than moving to a new arena?

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:33 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Of course I miss the Old Forum, but it was time to move on. Can't complain about the BC

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 07:46 AM
Bloumeister
Live And Let Dye

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferiah View Post
More importantly, I think we must take the shards of Koho to the elven smiths and reforge the stick which was broken.
Scrolled through all 5 pages of Habaneros' trolling nonsense. This post is not getting enough love

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 09:45 AM
Joe Cole

This is without question, a bad idea.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 09:50 AM
llamateizer

so its not the team that suck or the organization?
are you saying that PG is not bad and the habs arent as bad as described?

I see

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 10:12 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

lol at this thread

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 10:18 AM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumoki Dachiba View Post
1. BC Place is from the 80's...why renovate a building that is almost 30 years old? A new building like that only lasts 40 years max according to you.

2. They changed an old cloth roof for a new fancier one. They didn't remove an entire mall from inside BC place and build a new football stadium that seats 30000 people. The stadium was already there, they just changed the roof and added some solar panels and lights. The inside is a bit nicer yes, but no major changes were made.

3. The only thing remotely iconic about BC Place was, and remains, it's roof. It's just a different roof now. We here in Vancouver didn't renovate because we needed to keep the 'spirit' of the BC Lions alive or whatever; putting a new roof on was simply the cheapest way to have a serviceable stadium for soccer and football in Vancouver.

4. I love the Habs and count myself lucky to have seen a practice and taken a tour in the old Forum the last season it was used but I was 12 then. I'm 28 now, the time for renovating the Forum is long past.

5. All these buildings you are using as comparisons are in no ways comparable to a hockey arena. Open stadiums and Government buildings work differently to enclosed arenas. Name me one enclosed arena that is a heritage building and is still in use today by a major sports team. I bet you can't.

The world has moved on, you should too.
One very important building is used and was renovated you may want to think a bit but I am sure it will come to you it is in NYC.

The Rags played their first game there before the renos were even complete this season MADISON SQUARE GARDEN is a perfect example of renovating an old barn to keep it functional.

http://www.msgtransformation.com/

Last edited by 29dryden29: 01-23-2012 at 10:37 AM.
29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 11:09 AM
HabsByTheBay

LOL, is this serious?

I mean, sure, if I was a Bill Gates level billionaire with 40 billion floating around...maybe I do it. Because I'm so freakin' rich I don't care.

But then again, I'm so freakin' rich I don't care.

I loved the Forum, I never got to go but I think both the Leafs and the Habs made a big mistake in just turfing their classic, historic buildings in favor of some bland box with no memories. What the Red Sox did with Fenway Park was amazing; they took 40 years off the place. But it happened and it's done.

What I would support is turning the Forum into a community hockey rink capable of hosting a junior team. The Verdun Auditorium isn't going to be capable of that much longer, if it's not already past its sell-by date. Plus the best possible way of honoring the memory of those great Canadiens teams and their importance in Montreal and Quebec is turning the Forum into a rink people are capable of playing stick and puck with their sons and daughters on while the little one skates holding onto his penguin on the other end. THAT would be cool.

HabsByTheBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
One very important building is used and was renovated you may want to think a bit but I am sure it will come to you it is in NYC.

The Rags played their first game there before the renos were even complete this season MADISON SQUARE GARDEN is a perfect example of renovating an old barn to keep it functional.

yes but MSG is not only for the rangers...

please follow the OPs logic here

he wants the forum only for the habs...MSG is for the rangers, the nicks and 2 other sports teams and is the busiest venue in North america for shows...They can afford to renovate it.

Besides you CANT build a bigger arena where the forums is and even if you could IT WOULDNT BE THE OLD FORUM...how hard is that to understand

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
But shouldn't they be redeveloping Rexall Place rather than moving to a new arena?
he keeps contradicting himself
lets be like greenbay and go back to our original stadium, but lambau is not the original stadium

so the oilers are moving in an area that has not been developed yet, even though they're moving FROM their original areana to a NEW one which goes agianst his point, he uses their case as an example

and theres a difference between and area thats yet to be developed like in edmonton, and one that was developed cause of the forum and has since then seen most merchants close and building being abandoned.

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post

Yes,

they can pump a BILLION DOLLARS as they are doing into a building built in 1968 in NY to upgrade it ..Rangers can function fully from it ..

And these people on here dirting our REAL Home LAND,saying this is a crazy idea to want to go back?A site where EVERY HABS LEGEND played...how many of them played in BELL CENTRE?...PUT ALL THE STATUES of them OUT FRONT OF BELL CENTRE all YOU LIKE.....it's down the street where it's all at...

Yes ,you can look up high to Bell Centre rafters ,the HOUSE BUILT OF LOSERS 20 years running,but remember where all the retired jerseys and Cups came from ,2313 Saint Catherine Street

Pathetic.

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-23-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:17 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
yes but MSG is not only for the rangers...

please follow the OPs logic here

he wants the forum only for the habs...MSG is for the rangers, the nicks and 2 other sports teams and is the busiest venue in North america for shows...They can afford to renovate it.

Besides you CANT build a bigger arena where the forums is and even if you could IT WOULDNT BE THE OLD FORUM...how hard is that to understand
The Bell Centre is nice but I would love a revival of the old Montreal Forum.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
Habaneros won't be able to answer this one without contradicting himself once more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post

Go tell the Cub fans or Packer or Red Sox fans there needing a new ball park.....This is the problem in Montreal, we lost our way ..

The Bruins , Leafs, Hawks and Yankees all got new stadiums in recent years and they also played in historical buildings. Yet somehow they survived the transition just like we did with the Bell Centre (except for yourself obviously).

It's sad how you keep insisting on this foolish idea even when it's obvious almost nobody supports it. It's now 91% against your idea (3 for, 35 against in this thread).

We would all love to live the glory days of the Forum again and the legendary teams of the 50's and 70's but neither one of them are coming back. Time to face reality Habaneros.

Canadiens Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens Ghost View Post
Habaneros won't be able to answer this one without contradicting himself once more

The Bruins , Leafs, Hawks and Yankees all got new stadiums in recent years and they also played in historical buildings. Yet somehow they survived the transition just like we did with the Bell Centre (except for yourself obviously).

It's sad how you keep insisting on this foolish idea even when it's obvious almost nobody supports it. is thread).It's now 91% against your idea (3 for, 35 against in thread

We would all love to live the glory days of the Forum again and the legendary teams of the 50's and 70's but neither one of them are coming back. Time to face reality Habaneros.

The reason most young people don't get out and show respect on Nov 11.
Do you know why that is?

You claim 91 percent are against it on HF...well it is official then eh?
I don't think HF unfortunately reflect the masses on this issue.

That land sits there with our home still on it , we're moving from Bell within next 20 years anyways.

Why is it such a idiotic thing to suggest to go back to the land and REBUILD , a place that you try to keep alive at Bell Centre with a bunch of statues......and there jersey hung in a building they would ALL BE ASHAMED to be associated with ...It's a discredit to all there names.

Bell Centre ,will never win there ...mark my words.
We need to move back to the land of home.

It is very possible because,in a few year period the Fourm could be rebuilt , and we could move in as we keep playing out of Bell until it is complete.

It wouldn't work before because we had no other place to go .
They couldn't leave the Forum for 2 years , to redo it .

Your user name is "Canadiens Ghost."....ironically

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-23-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old
01-23-2012, 01:43 PM
Beakermania*

Is this serious? Really?

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Is this serious? Really?
The Bell Centre loser generation...i can sense

Look at this LINK ,this is our History talking ,maybe the Forum Ghosts.

This is Bell Centre, more than any words can describe .

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...073/story.html

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-23-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old
01-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Beakermania*

Where is the money to rebuild the Forum going to come from?

The land that the Forum sits on is not big enough to have as many seats and luxury boxes as where put into the Bell Centre, where is the money that will make up for this decrease in revenue going to come from?

You realize that this is a business right?

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Where is the money to rebuild the Forum going to come from?

The land that the Forum sits on is not big enough to have as many seats and luxury boxes as where put into the Bell Centre, where is the money that will make up for this decrease in revenue going to come from?

You realize that this is a business right?
If you read back, I been down that road explained how it could happen.

Where did they Rangers get 1 Billion to redo MSG?

Make sure you take a long hard look at that link in post 117
Stare into the picture.

Old
01-23-2012, 02:08 PM
PernellKarl76

I feel stupider for reading this thread. The author lives in a dream world with no sense of business today.

PernellKarl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:13 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesee22 View Post
I feel stupider for reading this thread. The author lives in a dream world with no sense of business today.
I understand business, everyone saying Jets rink too small to be in NHL AT 15,000.

I seen how Business works.

A redone Forum with room for 20,500 -21,000 ,i understand Business.

Toronto got 19,300 and make most money in NHL,well ahead of Montreal.

You understand business I'm sure.

Last edited by Habaneros: 01-23-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old
01-23-2012, 02:22 PM
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
lol at this thread
Seriously I only read the first page and thought it was an absurd discussion. Now it has 5 pages and is still going on. WTH ?

I guess that some fans become very nostalgic in those difficult times.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
Seriously I only read the first page and thought it was an absurd discussion. Now it has 5 pages and is still going on. WTH ?

I guess that some fans become very nostalgic in those difficult times.
AS i said ,no respect,

Just like Nov 11 , so few get out .

How you can back staying on land of a loser, beyond me ...I'm talking 96 to 2012 , it is no fluke .

The Expos Banner in the rafters at Bell,maybe speaks volumes.

Old
01-23-2012, 02:29 PM
PernellKarl76

So you have a perfectly functional and modern 21,000+ seat building that the teams' owner just spent 100's of millions of dollars to buy..... and you want to gut a shopping mall (that would cost millions to acquire and demolish) and build the same thing we have now with a smaller capacity? How does that make ANY sense to you?

Your argument to have the Bell Centre used for events only while your new "Forum" for hockey only makes no sense. The Habs were probably one of George Gillette's greatest investment becauase he controlled the arena AND the team and had it filled almost every night. Two buildings would be tons of empty nights at both buildings with DOUBLE the overhead costs.

Green Bay is a community owned team.... their model should never be used in comparison to an NHL team, especially the Habs. Their share issue to pay for their renovations wasnt a revolutionary concept. They have thousands and thousands of shareholders and it has been that way for years. Its not as easy as Montreal'ers buying shares to pay for an arena. Do you really think that would work?

Excellent troll thread. Im done.

PernellKarl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:34 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesee22 View Post
So you have a perfectly functional and modern 21,000+ seat building that the teams' owner just spent 100's of millions of dollars to buy..... and you want to gut a shopping mall (that would cost millions to acquire and demolish) and build the same thing we have now with a smaller capacity? How does that make ANY sense to you?

Your argument to have the Bell Centre used for events only while your new "Forum" for hockey only makes no sense. The Habs were probably one of George Gillette's greatest investment becauase he controlled the arena AND the team and had it filled almost every night. Two buildings would be tons of empty nights at both buildings with DOUBLE the overhead costs.

Green Bay is a community owned team.... their model should never be used in comparison to an NHL team, especially the Habs. Their share issue to pay for their renovations wasnt a revolutionary concept. They have thousands and thousands of shareholders and it has been that way for years. Its not as easy as Montreal'ers buying shares to pay for an arena. Do you really think that would work?

Excellent troll thread. Im done.
Troll thread of the Year. No doubt. 5 ****ing pages for that...

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote