HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10,000 Pt XXV |if we spend most of the thread talking about 1 thing, is it really OT?

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2012, 05:49 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Huge fight now in Finland between "I don't want a bourgeois (dunno if that's the right word?) president" vs. "I don't want a gay president".

On the left, Pekka Haavisto of the Green League. On the right, Sauli Niinist÷ of the National Coalition Party.

Niinist÷ should win it pretty easily, but who knows. Sad that Conan won't be running the country anymore.

Old
01-23-2012, 06:35 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

vCash: 500
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...usc0007qi0.php
6.2 quake in Chile (with some significant aftershocks - 4.9 & 5.0)

Old
01-23-2012, 07:31 PM
USF Shark
Z˘ion politik˛n

well, the Niners losing totally sucked ass.

But, I gots a date, so that makes up for it! Wasn't even wearing a scarf today either!

Old
01-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Man laying down in bed and going "i'll close my eyes for 10 minutes and then get up" never works. The lay down for a "10 minute nap" just lasted 2 hours.

Old
01-23-2012, 09:45 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...usc0007qr4.php
6.3 quake near Fiji

Old
01-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Franchise13

So... in flight to Alabama and started with Skyrim. 40mins later, bored with Skyrim.

How long do I give this game till I realize this isn't my type of game? It was a drag to even get through the 30min opening sequence. Keep in mind I never played/liked games like Fallout really. Was hoping this would be different though.

Old
01-24-2012, 11:24 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise13 View Post
So... in flight to Alabama and started with Skyrim. 40mins later, bored with Skyrim.

How long do I give this game till I realize this isn't my type of game? It was a drag to even get through the 30min opening sequence. Keep in mind I never played/liked games like Fallout really. Was hoping this would be different though.
Yah ive played a good 20 hours+ and its still not doing much for me. The interface is clunky as hell, its bug ridden, and the plot is totally slow and uninteresting. Personally i need a good story in my games to enjoy them and so far I find Skyrim totally generic. I don't really get all the praise. It's not a bad game, but it's not even close to game of the year in my eyes. (Portal 2, easily)

Old
01-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Franchise13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Yah ive played a good 20 hours+ and its still not doing much for me. The interface is clunky as hell, its bug ridden, and the plot is totally slow and uninteresting. Personally i need a good story in my games to enjoy them and so far I find Skyrim totally generic. I don't really get all the praise. It's not a bad game, but it's not even close to game of the year in my eyes. (Portal 2, easily)
Arkham City for me. Uncharted close to it, more because the Mrs loved the story of the UC series and we took turns actually playing while watching how it played out.

Of course like most people, MW3 is fun to pick up and shoot fails. Noticed productivity fall quite a bit at work during it's release, good thing it was during a lull in the industry.

Last edited by Franchise13: 01-24-2012 at 11:44 AM. Reason: spelling
Old
01-24-2012, 11:42 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise13 View Post
Arkham City for me. Uncharted close to it, more because the Mrs loved the story of the UC series and we took turns actually playing while watching home it played out.

Of course like most people, MW3 is fun to pick up and shoot fails. Noticed productivity fall quite a bit at work during it's release, good thing it was during a lull in the industry.
I loved Arkham City and Uncharted 3 as well, but Portal 2 was still the best game this year imo. I don't like the modern FPS's at all these days, ww2 of future stuff is all that interests me in that regard, even then only single player. I can't stand the 12 year olds online, i'd rather shove hot needles in my eyes.

Old
01-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Markus
Registered Lurker

Skyrim (or any Bethesda game) isn't exactly the type of game you go into expecting a plot. It's more about having a gigantic sandbox to do whatever the hell you want for awhile. Kinda like Grand Theft Dungeons & Dragons with RPG grinding. Definitely not for everyone.

Portal 2 had the best story and best acting of anything I've ever played. The game length was rather brief but somehow absolutely perfect. At any given time I can just boot it up and run through the game in one sitting and feel like I've just watched an entire season of television. Same level of both satisfaction and wanting for more.

Arkham City was a pretty good follow up to Arkham Asylum but it somehow felt like a smaller world. Still a fantastic game with improved game mechanics on what was already pretty damn near perfect.

I haven't played Uncharted 3 yet because I haven't finished Uncharted 2. I got bored partway through and haven't gone back to it.

Old
01-24-2012, 01:34 PM
Mafoofoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
I haven't played Uncharted 3 yet because I haven't finished Uncharted 2. I got bored partway through and haven't gone back to it.
What? How. Anyways the true GOTY is The Witcher 2. Portal 2 is nowhere near as fun/awesome as that. Fact.

Old
01-24-2012, 01:46 PM
Inub0i
I will Q

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
**** Memegenerator has an Error 503.

Old
01-24-2012, 01:53 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
What? How. Anyways the true GOTY is The Witcher 2. Portal 2 is nowhere near as fun/awesome as that. Fact.
Duke Nukem forever dude, GOTD (decade)

Old
01-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Lee Van Cleef*

Quote:

Old
01-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Mafoofoo

Quote:
No way dude. GOTD is and will forever be Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:53 PM
Requin
Lurkedylurk

On the yahoo NHL site right now, there's a big picture of Ovechkin with the title "NHL All-Star Diss" (referring to him skipping the ASG). I read it as "NHL All-Star Dies", and just had a mini-freakout. Fortunately, I saw the tagline and figured it out before I started crying on an airplane. Which would have been embarrassing.

Still recovering from the shock though.

(#spacemaniamoment ?)

Old
01-24-2012, 05:27 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...HOQ_story.html

Google plans to "integrate" products on all platforms to better focus advertisement for users.

There is no opt out.

Talk about privacy concerns.

Old
01-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Franchise13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...HOQ_story.html

Google plans to "integrate" products on all platforms to better focus advertisement for users.

There is no opt out.

Talk about privacy concerns.
Not sure why this is a surprise...

If you aren't paying for a product, or getting paid for a product... you are the product. Nothing is free.

Old
01-24-2012, 05:43 PM
CJL182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
No way dude. GOTD is and will forever be Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.
My friend bought a copy from EB for a couple of dollars, and the cashier asked his co-worker to ring him up because he didn't want his name on the receipt when my friend would bring it back for a refund. I looked through the disk and was surprised to find a sound file for crashes. It obviously is never used in the game though since you no-clip everything besides the ground.

Old
01-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Mafoofoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL182 View Post
My friend bought a copy from EB for a couple of dollars, and the cashier asked his co-worker to ring him up because he didn't want his name on the receipt when my friend would bring it back for a refund. I looked through the disk and was surprised to find a sound file for crashes. It obviously is never used in the game though since you no-clip everything besides the ground.
Hahahaha that's awesome. I remember watching a review for the game way back. Probably the most hilarious review I've ever seen.

Old
01-24-2012, 06:48 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

vCash: 50
You guys are insane

http://www.excalibur-publishing.com/streetcleaning.htm

GOTD ... AINEC!

Old
01-24-2012, 07:00 PM
Mafoofoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveland View Post
You guys are insane

http://www.excalibur-publishing.com/streetcleaning.htm

GOTD ... AINEC!

What? That's a game?

Old
01-24-2012, 11:27 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:
And half of last decade.

Old
01-25-2012, 02:39 AM
Inub0i
I will Q

Send a message via AIM to Inub0i Send a message via MSN to Inub0i Send a message via Skype™ to Inub0i
Did I ever tell you guys I saw a dead body last Saturday? Quite the traumatizing experience really; I was walking to Jack in the Box to get food and then I saw it. There's now flowers and other things placed on the spot he landed (memorial).

The employees of the nearby Jack in The box told me it was a UCSD student that jumped from the parking structure when I asked about it.

Old
01-25-2012, 07:34 AM
slocal
Global Moderator
Click Here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inub0i View Post
Did I ever tell you guys I saw a dead body last Saturday? Quite the traumatizing experience really; I was walking to Jack in the Box to get food and then I saw it. There's now flowers and other things placed on the spot he landed (memorial).

The employees of the nearby Jack in The box told me it was a UCSD student that jumped from the parking structure when I asked about it.
Sucks to hear, man. I've had the unfortunate luck to see a guy laying face-down in a parking lot with a knife in his back. It is a horrible, unnatural feeling to see a body in a public space, especially when it met a violent end (suicide or other). Hope you can get over the images of it. Hope the person finally has some peace as well.

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
Closed Thread