HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Garrioch Rumours (ANA/OTT/PHI/PIT/MTL/CBJ/VAN/CAR/TAMP/TOR)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2012, 02:14 PM
  #26
hdtrax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,376
vCash: 500
I don't think Anaheim deals any of the big 3. And if they do, it's Ryan but not until the off-season. They're heating up now and geared up for a monstrous second half (which is EXACTLY what happened last year) so I think they'll keep most of the team intact.

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:22 PM
  #27
JabbaJabba
Registered User
 
JabbaJabba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 4,229
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don Draper View Post
I don't think Anaheim deals any of the big 3. And if they do, it's Ryan but not until the off-season. They're heating up now and geared up for a monstrous second half (which is EXACTLY what happened last year) so I think they'll keep most of the team intact.
This dude is right.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:22 PM
  #28
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 11,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
hate to break it to you but no trade can get the ducks into the playoffs this year so that makes no sense for murray to say that.
Thank you for making my point.

It may not make sense to you, or anyone else here for that matter, but what difference does that make?

It's been quoted several times, and there was a video interview where he said the same thing. I say that because it sounds like you're questioning if that's true or not.

The point is that Murray is still selling hockey in southern California. He will not subject the fanbase to a complete rebuild, and he will only make a trade that improves his team now. Those are his exact words. Also stated he's not interested in futures (prospects/picks).

The fact that you, or any other fan here, thinks his thoughts don't make sense is irrelevant, as is what you think is fair value.

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 02:56 PM
  #29
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,402
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Thank you for making my point.

It may not make sense to you, or anyone else here for that matter, but what difference does that make?

It's been quoted several times, and there was a video interview where he said the same thing. I say that because it sounds like you're questioning if that's true or not.

The point is that Murray is still selling hockey in southern California. He will not subject the fanbase to a complete rebuild, and he will only make a trade that improves his team now. Those are his exact words. Also stated he's not interested in futures (prospects/picks).

The fact that you, or any other fan here, thinks his thoughts don't make sense is irrelevant, as is what you think is fair value.
Being at the game yesterday on a Saturday afternoon and having the Honda Center half filled..... Murray has alot of work to do to bring more of the fan base in the seats. If it takes a Yakupov or another star player to do this then so be it.

I simply wasn't impressed about the attendance on a Saturday and a Canadian team coming to town..... Horrible

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:09 PM
  #30
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly
 
jax00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Anaslime
Country: United States
Posts: 8,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Being at the game yesterday on a Saturday afternoon and having the Honda Center half filled..... Murray has alot of work to do to bring more of the fan base in the seats. If it takes a Yakupov or another star player to do this then so be it.

I simply wasn't impressed about the attendance on a Saturday and a Canadian team coming to town..... Horrible
They are still one of the wost teams in the league despite this mini hot streak. Look at the attendance in 07 and 08. Winning = Fans in Seats.

I know it's not rocket science, but I would expect a half-filled arena with the 13-22-6 record for the first half of the season, and quite frankly they deserved it with how they were playing the first half of the season. I wouldn't pay to see that **** if I wasn't a Ducks fan.

But hey, this is the least amount Ducks fans have had to spend on tickets since 2004. I've been to two Ducks games this year, center-ice 10 rows up each time, both times under 75. Gotta look for some silver lining...

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:11 PM
  #31
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 11,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Being at the game yesterday on a Saturday afternoon and having the Honda Center half filled..... Murray has alot of work to do to bring more of the fan base in the seats. If it takes a Yakupov or another star player to do this then so be it.

I simply wasn't impressed about the attendance on a Saturday and a Canadian team coming to town..... Horrible
Aren't you the guy that said our chances of getting back into the playoffs were slim because Carolina and the Islanders were picking it up lately?


First, the team will not lose on purpose. No team will do that. IMO, we are too far ahead of Columbus to get the number one pick (no offense to Columbus fans) so you can kiss Yakupov goodbye.

Second, drafting early does not guarantee a star player. Trading a star player to fall lower in the standings (wasn't that you who suggested it in other threads? if not, my bad) is the dumbest idea in the history of dumb ideas.

Third, it's going to take more then a winning streak to bring back all the fans. Attendance has gone up slightly during the winning streak, but in our market, being 3rd to last in the conference and playing a Canadian team won't improve attendance much.

I'm all for improving the team for the future, because yes, playoffs are extremely unlikely. However suggesting we fall in the standings so that we MIGHT get a star player is assinine.

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:14 PM
  #32
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,402
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax00 View Post
They are still one of the wost teams in the league despite this mini hot streak. Look at the attendance in 07 and 08. Winning = Fans in Seats.

I know it's not rocket science, but I would expect a half-filled arena with the 13-22-6 record for the first half of the season, and quite frankly they deserved it with how they were playing the first half of the season. I wouldn't pay to see that **** if I wasn't a Ducks fan.

But hey, this is the least amount Ducks fans have had to spend on tickets since 2004. I've been to two Ducks games this year, center-ice 10 rows up each time, both times under 75. Gotta look for some silver lining...
Yupp! Only reason I went was cause of the tickets being 200 level and free.... But still you would expect fans showing up due to the day, time and no other big sports events going on.

Being half filled on a Saturday? I haven't seen that since the Disney days.... And that might even be a stretch.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:19 PM
  #33
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly
 
jax00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Anaslime
Country: United States
Posts: 8,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Yupp! Only reason I went was cause of the tickets being 200 level and free.... But still you would expect fans showing up due to the day, time and no other big sports events going on.

Being half filled on a Saturday? I haven't seen that since the Disney days.... And that might even be a stretch.
Meh, I don't take it for much. The Columbus game last Sunday was actually pretty packed (Im guessing around 14K) for a battle of two god-awful teams.

And I've seen much worse in the Disney days. I remember going to a weekend Ducks-Yotes game in 99 (I think, maybe 2000) and the attendance was around 7K (announced), but it looked like there wasn't even 2K.

The only thing "disney" about this year is the the team's record, but it looks like they actually have some pride (unlike many of those Disney teams).

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:21 PM
  #34
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Look at this graph.
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 17,549
vCash: 50
I would be pretty stoked to see Selanne on the Rangers.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:24 PM
  #35
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,402
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Aren't you the guy that said our chances of getting back into the playoffs were slim because Carolina and the Islanders were picking it up lately?


First, the team will not lose on purpose. No team will do that. IMO, we are too far ahead of Columbus to get the number one pick (no offense to Columbus fans) so you can kiss Yakupov goodbye.

Second, drafting early does not guarantee a star player. Trading a star player to fall lower in the standings (wasn't that you who suggested it in other threads? if not, my bad) is the dumbest idea in the history of dumb ideas.

Third, it's going to take more then a winning streak to bring back all the fans. Attendance has gone up slightly during the winning streak, but in our market, being 3rd to last in the conference and playing a Canadian team won't improve attendance much.

I'm all for improving the team for the future, because yes, playoffs are extremely unlikely. However suggesting we fall in the standings so that we MIGHT get a star player is assinine.
Did you automatically see Yakupov and assume I wanted this team to fail? I don't even think you read my whole post, and quickly skimmed through it. I was suggesting that if it takes a Star player being a Parise, Weber/ Sutter (insert other here) to get the team back on track and winning then so be it. And YES that does include Yakupov

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:25 PM
  #36
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu
 
duckaroosky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Posts: 26,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Yupp! Only reason I went was cause of the tickets being 200 level and free.... But still you would expect fans showing up due to the day, time and no other big sports events going on.

Being half filled on a Saturday? I haven't seen that since the Disney days.... And that might even be a stretch.
Some people work on Saturdays like myself... I couldn't make the game.

But I do find it funny that people complain about the attendance and then say they only went to the game because tickets were free. Put your money where you mouth is and attend more games instead of complaining about it online.

duckaroosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:26 PM
  #37
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User
 
Doctor Drej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Quiet Room
Country: United States
Posts: 10,943
vCash: 500
I love how Garrioch knows more about our coach than the actual CEO of the team.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:28 PM
  #38
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 11,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Did you automatically see Yakupov and assume I wanted this team to fail? I don't even think you read my whole post, and quickly skimmed through it. I was suggesting that if it takes a Star player being a Parise, Weber/ Sutter (insert other here) to get the team back on track and winning then so be it. And YES that does include Yakupov
If you're talking about the first overall pick in the upcoming draft, then yes I'm assuming you're talking about the team failing. How else are we going to get him? Do you really think we're going to give up the assets required to draft a guy that MIGHT be a star player? Not to mention, that there's no way in hell the team that drafts number one would give up that pick.

The Ducks have star players already. Selanne is an icon, Perry is the MVP, and Getzlaf and Ryan are pretty big too. Star players isn't the problem, consistent competing and winning is.

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:29 PM
  #39
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly
 
jax00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Anaslime
Country: United States
Posts: 8,838
vCash: 500
With that many teams its not even rumors...

It's just probability.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:31 PM
  #40
Tripod
Registered User
 
Tripod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
i wouldnt want to trade Holzer just yet... looks to be that physical, top 4 Shutdown Dman that we need badly ... and he is amazing on the penalty kill ... but i guess if we can get Ryan, then sure lol
Wait...I thought Schenn was that guy. That is what Leaf fans are all saying when trying to trade him.

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:33 PM
  #41
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,119
vCash: 500
Attendance was 15,500 yesterday - that's 90% capacity. I'm really not sure what game you attended. That's the 7th highest attendance this year (would have been 15th highest last year), and you can pretty safely throw out the sellouts where Sharks, Wings, and "Hawks fans filled the arena. I had to take the day off to go, 1pm Saturday games in southern California are idiotic solely on the number of other things a family can do on a Saturday. As far as it being a "Canadian" team, Ottawa isn't a draw.


Irony is people who don't go to games criticizing attendance figures.

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 03:35 PM
  #42
tony d
Summer Camp
 
tony d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Behind A Tree
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,607
vCash: 500
Garrioch's almost as bad as Eklund for rumours. I wouldn't put much stock in these rumours.

__________________
tony d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:09 PM
  #43
93gilmour93
Registered User
 
93gilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Thank you for making my point.

It may not make sense to you, or anyone else here for that matter, but what difference does that make?

It's been quoted several times, and there was a video interview where he said the same thing. I say that because it sounds like you're questioning if that's true or not.

The point is that Murray is still selling hockey in southern California. He will not subject the fanbase to a complete rebuild, and he will only make a trade that improves his team now. Those are his exact words. Also stated he's not interested in futures (prospects/picks).

The fact that you, or any other fan here, thinks his thoughts don't make sense is irrelevant, as is what you think is fair value.
Doesn't change the fact that the ducks may make a big move looking towards next year.

93gilmour93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:12 PM
  #44
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly
 
jax00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Anaslime
Country: United States
Posts: 8,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
Doesn't change the fact that the ducks may make a big move looking towards next year.
That's a lot different then what you've seen saying this entire time. Trolling or not, you sounded pretty sure of yourself last week.

Now, someone MAY be traded. Maybe. A lot different than "Getzlaf to TO Burke will get it done, Murray is his *****" or whatever you were saying. **** I may have to go pull up those quotes at some point they were pretty funny.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:13 PM
  #45
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly
 
jax00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Anaslime
Country: United States
Posts: 8,838
vCash: 500
And trading Getzlaf or Ryan for Schenn+Kadri or whatever still hurts the Ducks next year. Still don't see any logic in any of this, as every Ducks fan has said THIS ENTIRE TIME.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:20 PM
  #46
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa, thankfully.
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,644
vCash: 500
As an Ottawa resident, I can say with confidence that Garrioch may be the worst reporter in his own city, let alone the league. His "insider" material is nothing but stretching the realm of imagination on his best day, and utter BS on his worst.

Whatever he says, toss it in the "Eklund" bin and move on with your life. He's right only on the very rarest of occasions, and some of the stuff he writes is absolutely bats**t looney bin material.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:31 PM
  #47
thinkinfeller
Registered User
 
thinkinfeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,119
vCash: 500
I'm suprised by the number of Leafs fans who seem to be on board with the idea of trading a combination of Kadri, Colborne, Schenn, and a 1st for a 30 - 40 goal shoot first winger.... don't we have one already?

I love Phil Kessel, his name is on the back of my Leafs jersey, but do I want to make a similar trade for a similar player? No.

thinkinfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 04:38 PM
  #48
Eaglepride*
#5 in Wotan we trust
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Promiseland Walhalla
Posts: 3,502
vCash: 500
Its hard seeing much differences between Garrioch and Eklund these days.

If its not MacKenzie, Lebrun or Dreger I couldn't care less.

For all you Getzlaf to team X dreamers:

1. Core for Core if you don't have that - screw that

Leafs only piece of interest would be Schenn and they still would have to go into a ridiculous overpayment mode from there so quit dreaming about the big 3 they are not avaiable for the 1.000.000.000.000.000.000 time

Eaglepride* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 05:04 PM
  #49
Hero
Buffy is Back
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 20,238
vCash: 500
Highly doubt Burke makes any top 6 moves this year.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 05:36 PM
  #50
hfgreg
Obviously...
 
hfgreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,996
vCash: 500
LOL he said if Tampa lost to Boston that Boucher would be fired. So far from the truth.

hfgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.