HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Buyers or Sellers?

Old
01-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Rusty Batch

vCash: 500
Buyers or Sellers?

I know a lot of people on here think the kings should be a major buyer right now. Personally I don't understand why...

This team has a young core that is locked up long term, we have a huge window but an awful lot of holes to fill before we can really be called a contender.

And we also have three UFA's that might be able to fetch a pretty decent return. IMO Stoll, Penner, and Mitchell should all be traded for young prospects/picks. The return we get for those players should help us to acquire a major piece this offseason via trade, without having to give up more then just one of Voynov/Loktionov/Bernier.

Mitchell is the only player of that bunch that really matters to us, and to be honest a D-core of

Doughty Johnson
Scuderi Voynov
Martinez Greene
Drewiskie

Is still excellent.

Next year is our year, this season we just have too many holes to fill.

Rusty Batch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:03 PM
jml87

No. We don't have to waste Quick's Vezina season. As long as he's playing like this they still have a chance. Get a scoring winger with some skill and let's see what happens.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:47 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

I don't think we should be a big buyer like last year with Penner, but no way should we deal our UFA's. We are still a playoff capable team and it sends a bad message when you deal your guys like Mitchell, Penner and Stoll for picks/prospects. That's like saying management gives up on this team. Why would the players keep playing hard after that?

Keep the UFA's to be, and trade for a low cost/lower ceiling addition, such as Prospal or Huselius from Columbus.

If the cost is right, get Gaustad and/or Moen as well.

The only way I see us making a big deal is if it's a big potential guy who maybe needs a change of scenery, such as Stafford or Dubinsky. The only way I see our UFA's going is either for another UFA to be, such as Boyes in Buffalo, or to even out salary for some reason.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 01:54 PM
CTKingsFan
June 11th 2012

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote