HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Classic games...

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2004, 03:44 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
Well we did have our resident Legwand hater.....

Does anyone know what happened to Dulzhok? I almost looked forward to sparring with him after Legwand had a good game.
He's really a nice guy, he just doesn't care for Legwand all that much. I actually used to talk to him all the time. Can you believe it, a Legwand fan and a Legwand hater actually were friends!? I don't know where he's at now though.

Old
10-21-2004, 10:01 AM
Pred303

great game to see last night(1 Mar 2003 CHI game)...lots of up and down hockey...looking at the pred goalscorers certainly made you realize what a different team the preds are now...yachmanev,delmore,murray,wilm scored the first four in that game before walker somehow scored the OT winner...and watching houlder,hulse,delmore,skratskins,york,kimmo back on the blueline brought back some memories(many of which weren't good)in fact i still yelled at delmore when he failed to keep in a puck on the pp and arky when he made a turnover that gave up a go ahead CHI goal

we were playing totally on emotion that night....looking at the lineup we had out there,we certainly didn't have the depth or quality to be a playoff team(but we almost were)...i'll always remember this one though,was in many ways the highlight prior to last year

Old
11-01-2004, 04:23 PM
predperson

Just got this announcement:
Nashville, Tenn. (November 1, 2004) - To enable all of FSN South's cable, DirecTV and Dish Network subscribers in the Nashville Predators' viewership territories to receive the Predators Classics telecasts, the network has amended its November and December programming schedule so that the games are available across the network's entire seven-state territory (AL, GA, KY, MS, NC, SC and TN).

Predators play-by-play announcer Peter Weber and color analyst Terry Crisp will take a look back at some of the most exciting games in franchise history, with games edited into two-hour segments. The next episode will air on FSN South on November 2 at 7:00 p.m. CT.

UPDATED PREDATORS CLASSICS BROADCAST SCHEDULE ON FSN SOUTH

Tues., November 2, 2004, 7:00 p.m. - Nashville 7 vs. San Jose 3. In his first game with the Predators, Steve Sullivan notches a hat trick in Nashville's victory over the Sharks on February 18, 2004.

Mon., November 8, 2004, 7:00 p.m. - Nashville 3 at New Jersey 2 (OT). Sebastien Bordeleau scores to give the Predators their first overtime victory in franchise history on January 30, 1999.

Fri., November 12, 2004, 7:00 p.m. - Nashville 3 at New York Rangers 2 (OT). David Legwand becomes the first player in the NHL to score on a penalty shot in overtime as the Predators defeat the Rangers on December 23, 2000.

Thurs., November 18, 2004, 7:00 p.m. - Nashville 5 vs. Colorado 2. Scott Walker scores the Predators' first-ever hat trick at the Gaylord Entertainment Center on December 26, 2000.

Thurs., November 25, 2004, 7:00 p.m. - Nashville 4 at Detroit 3. Heading into the third period down 3-0, the Predators explode with four third-period goals to down Detroit at Joe Louis Arena on November 8, 2003. It proved to be the turning point in Nashville's season as the Predators won nine of their next 11 contests.

Mon., December 6, 2004, 7:00 p.m. - Nashville 3 vs. Detroit 1. The Predators defeat the Red Wings in Nashville's first-ever home playoff game in front of a sold-out crowd at the Gaylord Entertainment Center.

Tues., December 14, 2004, 7:00 p.m. - Nashville 5 vs. Detroit 3. Greg Johnson scores two goals as the Predators down the Red Wings on October 30, 2003, in a game that featured a Predators' franchise-record 210 penalty minutes.

Fri., December 24, 2004, 7:00 p.m. - Nashville 5 vs. Chicago 4 (OT). Scott Walker scores in overtime as Barry Trotz passes Terry Crisp for the most games coached by the original coach of an expansion NHL team on March 1, 2003.

Sat., December 25, 2004, 2:00 p.m. - Nashville 3 vs. Detroit 2 (OT). The Predators erased a 2-0 deficit in the third period before Bubba Berenzweig scored in overtime to edge the Red Wings 3-2 on December 29, 2001.

Sun., December 26, 2004, 12:00 noon - Nashville 3 vs. Detroit 0. Tomas Vokoun records his first career playoff shutout as the Predators even up their 2004 Western Conference Quarterfinals series with the Red Wings 2-2 on April 13, 2004.

Old
11-02-2004, 03:06 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Quote:
Tues., November 2, 2004, 7:00 p.m. - Nashville 7 vs. San Jose 3. In his first game with the Predators, Steve Sullivan notches a hat trick in Nashville's victory over the Sharks on February 18, 2004.
(do vote, but) Forgo election results and watch Sully!!!

Last edited by sparkle twin: 11-02-2004 at 03:09 AM.
Old
11-03-2004, 10:19 AM
117p

observations from sect 117

* what election? there was a hockey game last night and my 'lucky seat' is still working ... that's five in a row (well six if you count the colorado game at the end of last season - i watched all the playoff games at embassy suites)

* yep, sullivan certainly energized the PP that night ...

* all in all, not a very exciting game ... certainly NOT a 'classic' - i would rather have seen 30 seconds of sullivan hat-trick highlights and seen adam hall score in the final seconds to tie vancouver

* in preface to tomorrow night's game (3-2 in OT over NJ) ... watch for dunham's horrible clearing attempt that leads to one of the NJ goals early in the game

* schnabel sure is big and strong, wish he could play hockey

* did you notice the difference in eaton from the fight-filled detroit game compared to last night's replay?

* zidlicky sure is a sweet passer (when he's left alone all night long)

* anyone interested in vandy basketball season tickets?

Old
11-12-2004, 07:26 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
I know this isnt a popular opinion, but I like New York's Liberty Thirds.

Old
11-12-2004, 08:13 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Rangers suck

Old
11-12-2004, 09:10 PM
jstreet

I didnt remember that it was our old buddy Kloucek that hooked Leggy down.

One thing that I dont miss about the old Preds was there simple inability to throw some weight around. We've come a long way!

Old
11-12-2004, 09:46 PM
Pred303

you're right burnlikestars....one thing watching these older games make you realize...is just how much better we really are right now than just two-three years ago...physically,mentally,defensively,offensively, talentwise...just no comparison to our team now...not only do we have lots of newer talented faces up front,but also legwand,hartnell,erat and orszagh are all so much better than they were two-three years ago,absolute light years ahead of where they were then in all facets of the game...and jeezus,back on the blueline we are twice as good as the 2000 or 2001 team was

now,i will give this to dunham,while he was undoubtably a malignant tumor in the clubhouse,he could be a hell of a goalie...in his prime with us,he was so calm in the net,and virtually always square to the shooter...mix dunham's ability to read the play and get square and vokoun's athletic ability,quickness and desire and we'd really be a force to contend with

still fun watching these old games,even though it's hard to call this one a "classic"

Old
11-14-2004, 08:01 PM
Pred-A-Dore

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars
I know this isnt a popular opinion, but I like New York's Liberty Thirds.
I agree, I really like the Rangers Liberty Thirds. I don't find too many people who agree with me, but they're good looking to me. On a side note, I would love it if the Preds had an alternate 4th jersey that was all navy blue with the the Predator Skull logo on front. I think that would look really cool.

Old
11-15-2004, 12:54 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
now,i will give this to dunham,while he was undoubtably a malignant tumor in the clubhouse,he could be a hell of a goalie...in his prime with us,he was so calm in the net,and virtually always square to the shooter...mix dunham's ability to read the play and get square and vokoun's athletic ability,quickness and desire and we'd really be a force to contend with.
The one thing about Dunham that always bothered me, was he seemed to go down too quickly and then couldn't get back up in time. I noticed it in that Rangers game, he went down sprawling and then Leetch (I think) just waited and shot the puck over Dunham into the net.

Old
11-15-2004, 01:05 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303
The one thing about Dunham that always bothered me, was he seemed to go down too quickly and then couldn't get back up in time. I noticed it in that Rangers game, he went down sprawling and then Leetch (I think) just waited and shot the puck over Dunham into the net.
That's the number one thing I see in Finley that reminds me of Dunham. Finner goes down eaaarly.

Old
11-15-2004, 06:37 AM
Pred303

that's the thing about any butterfly style goalie of course...how well he reads when to go down,same thing happens to vokoun of course on some shots from the blueline....it's just the first reaction from the butterfly guys...only criticism you would ever hear about brodeur too "he sometimes goes down too early"...personally i think dunham was calm in net,much less movement than say vokoun,and more often square to the shooter than tomas is,but that vokoun's real strength is his quickness and athletic ability that lets him make up for positioning mistakes his quickness sometimes in fact creates...vokoun's greatest weakness in net to me seems to be adjusting to depth of the shot,not in side to side coverage...

now i'm not saying we were better off with dunham that last year and a half at all...we all know dunham got into that "one soft goal a game mode" for some reason after the 2000-01 season.....something vokoun totally avoided year before last and for about half of last season...

i do feel for us to continue to improve vokoun has to play better this year(or whenever),and be more consistent than he was last year

Old
11-15-2004, 12:41 PM
jstreet

well the good news is that if Finley doesnt pan out, we will probably have time to cultivate another goalie before any NHL season starts back up.

Closed Thread