01-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Takao
kesbae

vCash: 500
Palmieri and Cumiskey to Syracuse / Guenin Called Up

Why not.

https://twitter.com/#!/AnaheimDucks

Quote:
Roster moves - #NHLDucks have reassigned RW Kyle Palmieri and D Kyle Cumiskey to the #AHL @SyracuseCrunch.

Takao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:41 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Clearly we're opening spot for a trade

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Clearly we're opening spot for a trade
It's kind of sad that I read about it first in that Leafs thread.

Torching goalies in the minors is what I'd rather have Palmieri doing right now.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 12:59 PM
JabbaJabba

Good idea to send Palmieri down now when he has no place in 1st, 2nd or 3rd line. Cumiskey's attendance was hardly noticed.

JabbaJabba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 01:46 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

The Cogliano-Bonino-Blake line was too good last game to break up. Palmeiri is useless on 4th line and the pressbox. Smart move.

Does that leave us with only 6 defenseman though? Frasier is still in the minors isn't he?

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Takao
kesbae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
The Cogliano-Bonino-Blake line was too good last game to break up. Palmeiri is useless on 4th line and the pressbox. Smart move.

Does that leave us with only 6 defenseman though? Frasier is still in the minors isn't he?
Yeah I believe you're right. Our next game isn't till tomorrow so we could see a call up later today or early tomorrow. Perhaps Guenin.

Takao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Paul4587

I don't even know why they bothered calling Palmieri up, he had two games and played a total of about 15 minutes combined.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 03:24 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

Does this mean DSP is close to returning?

c4rcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Emerald Duck

Did Cumiskey even get a chance to finish drinking his cup of coffee after being on brew duty for the past week ?

Emerald Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 07:05 PM
GreatBear

This is odd, even for the Ducks. 12 forwards, 6 defensemen, with no spares. I expect one or two players to be called up by Saturday, since the Ducks have a back to back and they need to have someone ready for Sunday in case of an injury on Sunday.

GreatBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:11 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Is anyone else scared ****less that BM is going to **** up and trade with TO for Ryan?

Old
01-17-2012, 08:13 PM
bumperkisser

good thing that palmieri is sent down.. dont care much about cumiskey...
murray is a scary gm so ya it kinda scares me right now...

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Is anyone else scared ****less that BM is going to **** up and trade with TO for Ryan?
Not really. This would play out like the Pronger trade did, with Murray considering all offers. Unless Burke put in a silly offer, we would've heard about inquiries and bidding.

Old
01-17-2012, 08:18 PM
Gibson Les Palms
#firebruce #hirebabs

vCash: 50
Quote:
Unless we get a huge overpayment like Schenn, Kadri, Kulemin, 1st, I'm quite scared. But I don't think the Leafs can offer the best package, and hopefully, Murray realises that and a) doesn't move him or b) waits for a huge offer.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:44 PM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

I'm not worried much. After BB took over, it was rumored Murray wanted Schenn + JVR from Philadephia for Ryan if I remember correctly. After that came "threat" from Murray that he knows he has a good core and it's up to the players to prove who are those that are core. Team is playing better now, especially those players considered a core. Logically then, barring huge overpayment, I'm not expecting Ryan to be traded.

Lord Flashheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Unless we get a huge overpayment like Schenn, Kadri, Kulemin, 1st, I'm quite scared. But I don't think the Leafs can offer the best package, and hopefully, Murray realises that and a) doesn't move him or b) waits for a huge offer.
That's what I worry about the most. I hate the idea of Schenn being a big piece coming back. He's not worth it. If Murray wants a 4/5 defenseman that bad, sign Stewart this offseason. Please god, not to Toronto.

Old
01-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Paul4587

I'm definitely not Murray's biggest fan but I highly doubt Murray would trade Ryan for a crappy TML package based around Schenn or Grabovski, he's not that stupid. After Pronger was then traded in '09, McPhee was saying that Murray was demanding Alzner, Carlsson and Varlamov at the deadline for him and that he expects other teams to pay a premium when dealing for his star players.

I think so far that if there's one thing Murray has been good at here in Anaheim is getting value for top end pieces. He turned Whitney into Visnovsky and Pronger into a top 6 winger, at the time a bluechip prospect in Sbisa and two firsts.

The rumored asking price earlier this year when Ryan was on the block was a young 2nd line centre, a young top four defenseman and first round picks. If Murray was going to trade him for a crappy TML equivalent package he would have traded him for Dubinsky, Erixon and Hagelin or whatever NYR offered.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Be honest, is there anyone else who sees the Toronto fanbase like this now?

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 10:59 PM
tANNERRRR*

Is anyone scared about Palmieri not producing? Granted, he hardly gets playing time, and the past few games it has been on the 4th line...if he had the Finns next to him, how do you guys think he would play? He has flashes and can make some awesome moves, then lets off a weak wrist shot. Btw, Bonino has REALLY impressed me this year.

tANNERRRR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:10 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by tANNERRRR54 View Post
Is anyone scared about Palmieri not producing? Granted, he hardly gets playing time, and the past few games it has been on the 4th line...if he had the Finns next to him, how do you guys think he would play? He has flashes and can make some awesome moves, then lets off a weak wrist shot. Btw, Bonino has REALLY impressed me this year.
He's only 20. Give it time.

Old
01-17-2012, 11:34 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tANNERRRR54 View Post
Remember how Bonino looked last year compared to this year? Yeah I wouldn't be worried about Palmieri right now.

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2012, 11:48 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Hope you're right Paul. Gotta say though, seems like Burke has a way with him. You're points are valid and correct though. Still nervous though. I wish they'd just trade Kadri already though. Seems like a guy Murray would want.

Old
01-18-2012, 12:40 AM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBear View Post
This is odd, even for the Ducks. 12 forwards, 6 defensemen, with no spares. I expect one or two players to be called up by Saturday, since the Ducks have a back to back and they need to have someone ready for Sunday in case of an injury on Sunday.
This is penny pinching by a budget team. Why carry more than 20 players on an off day when you can save thousands of dollars by sending a couple of spares to the minors? They can recall someone easily if there's an injury.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 09:15 AM
KelVarnsen
Line combos anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoeMan View Post
This is penny pinching by a budget team. Why carry more than 20 players on an off day when you can save thousands of dollars by sending a couple of spares to the minors? They can recall someone easily if there's an injury.
I totally agree with you......they pulled this crap last season when they sent a couple guys to Syracuse (flying cross country mind you) because the Ducks had like 4 days off. Totally cheap A management/ownership trying to save like a thousand bucks......

KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2012, 11:16 AM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
I totally agree with you......they pulled this crap last season when they sent a couple guys to Syracuse (flying cross country mind you) because the Ducks had like 4 days off. Totally cheap A management/ownership trying to save like a thousand bucks......
For those two players it's like eight thousand a day if my math is right. Not to mention an addition player they don't have up because they can carry 23 so it's got to be in the range of ten thousand. That's not chump change to a team that loses millions of dollars annually. Over the course of the year I'm sure they save a few millions dollars doing this. If we want the Samueli's to continue to own this team and grow hockey in So Cal than this is the sort thing that will happen regularly. Plus this gives Palmieri the opportunity to play in the AHL All-Star game.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote