HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread III

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2012, 10:20 PM
Chazz Reinhold

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
wing isn't the problem, system is.
When Stoll is playing second line right wing, wing is a problem.

Old
01-29-2012, 11:14 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
If Mitchell leaves, I think you see a fight between Muzzin, Hickey, and Martinez, and everyone moves up a notch.
Ummm no. None of those players are the same type of player Mitchell is. This year he is proving to be the a gritty stay at home D-man who is playing with a mean streak in front of Quick.

If they replace him it will be with a guy who plays a similar style....not a puck mover.

Tim Gleason
Barret Jackman
Bryce Salvador
Shane O'Brien

Old
01-29-2012, 11:36 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
This

Old
01-29-2012, 11:37 PM
bobafettish*

cant we just replace mitchell with somebody with in our farm. i mean that is why we drafted D right, to play for us and not be trade bait.

i remember a lot of members were terrified about bringing up VV, and look how that turned out.

Old
01-29-2012, 11:42 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
cant we just replace mitchell with somebody with in our farm. i mean that is why we drafted D right, to play for us and not be trade bait.

i remember a lot of members were terrified about bringing up VV, and look how that turned out.
Yes, we absolutely can.

Martinez is already NHL experienced and doing great and Muzzin will be ready by next season.

Can we be patient while they develop the experience that Willie has? Don't mean to sound jerky but it is the truth. We all seem to want our kids to step in and be ready to replace these stalwart experienced players but it just isn't fair or feasible.

All of the DD and JJ griping that goes on always seems to discount the fact that it takes actual years to learn the game at the NHL level while you develop and gain the required amount of exp to become a majour player.

Willie was real shakey during his first few years in the league. It took time.

Last edited by etherialone: 01-29-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Old
01-29-2012, 11:45 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Same system that had Williams, Kopitar, Brown and Smyth all score over 20 or more goals?
And Doughy score 59 points. Johnson 42 points.

Old
01-29-2012, 11:56 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Ummm no. None of those players are the same type of player Mitchell is. This year he is proving to be the a gritty stay at home D-man who is playing with a mean streak in front of Quick.

If they replace him it will be with a guy who plays a similar style....not a puck mover.

Tim Gleason
Barret Jackman
Bryce Salvador
Shane O'Brien
Yea, you're right, what was I thinking, wasting cap space on a scoring wing, when we could be getting a veteran D, I mean, we don't have ANY kids on the farm that are capable of stepping up and playing....sorry, as far as I could get with a straight face.

Are you kidding me? You would rather see Barrett freaking Jackman on a regular basis over Muzzin, Hickey, OR Martinez?

Wow.....

Old
01-30-2012, 12:16 AM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Nailed it.

Old
01-30-2012, 02:24 AM
verbalkint47

I like Mitchell a lot, but I think it would be wiser to spend that 3-4 mil toward wingers who can put the puck in the net.
My dream scenario would be landing one of the big fish (Ryan, Parise, Carter), and then signing one of Greg Campbell, Jay McClement, Chris Kelly, Sami Pahlsson, etc. and switching back to a traditional top-heavy top-six, shutdown/checking 3rd line, and we could then resign Mitchell.
Something like: Brown / or Parise - Kopitar - Williams
Gagne - Richards - Carter/Ryan / or Brown
Clifford - shutdown center - Lewis
Unfortunately I don't see that happening.
I think the best route to take is to just make a minor tweak at the deadline (i.e. Stoll for Boyes) and make changes in the off-season. If DL can, trade for Malone or Stafford and sign 2 UFA wingers, i.e. Ruutu, AK46, Doan, Whitney, Prospal, etc
Roll out Kopi, Richards, Lokti down the middle and fill out the wings with Brown, Williams, Gagne, and 3 new additions. We could ice 3 scoring lines and have actual depth on the wings to mix n match. The defense would still be good without Mitchell. Scuds-DD, JJ-VV, AMart/Muzzin/Hickey-Greene, with DD44 as our 7th d-man.

Old
01-30-2012, 08:50 AM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
/thread

Old
01-30-2012, 08:56 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Ruutu could be dealt as early as this week.

Old
01-30-2012, 09:51 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
with carter the only thing that i would be concerned with are injuries. if his 10 year contract wasn't scary enough, knowing our luck he would constantly be injured and we would be screwed for the next decade.
If we were still coached by Andy Murray sure, but the days of the big injuries are gone. Outside of Kopitar's ankle last year, we've been more than fortunate in terms of injuries the past several seasons. Look at this year, few major injuries to key players. Gagne would be it, and it's not exactly a shock given his concussion issues.

Last year were ranked in with the 6th fewest man games lost to injury at 147. the top team ws the Islanders at 512.

This year we are 6th again at 92 so far. Pittsburgh is first with 240 (Islanders 2nd at 222).

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/...057/story.html

It is not our lot in life to face a bunch of pain and suffering, so stop pretending as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingurentai View Post
Examples please.

I hope you're not going to say Richardson, Lewis because as much as they use their speed well, they aren't lighting it up. Also faster players are easier on the eye because it gives the impression they are trying. They might be hustlingnbut the consistent results aren't there.
To me results are in the players doing what is expected of them. Like I said in the post you quoted, I was referring to lower line guys, not scoring forwards, because how many scoring centres have we tried to move to the wing? The only one I can think off is Loki last year, and frankly it wasn't to terrible. He's better at centre but he did post respectable numbers on the 2nd line wing.

Carter has produced on the wing in the past, to the tune of 30 goals in a season. I'm all for converting him there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings4thecup View Post
I might get flamed, but what about Mason Raymond as a second tier, fairly cheap pick-up for the LW position?

Any thoughts?
No chance we even get to sniff at him. Vancouver wouldn't deal him to a team they could play in the playoffs. He'll end up in a spot like Columbus or out east. I think vancouver will elect to keep him however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFKingshomer View Post
We are talking about Dean Lombardi and Daryl Sutter. We will get net front presence like Ruutu, Malone, Knuble etc.
Sign me up for Ruutu. I doubt Washington deals Knuble though and I have no interest in Malone and his contract.

Quote:
Not sure on his injury status but I think I'd rather Deano take a risk on renting Huselius rather than Hemsky because of the cost factor and his familiarity with Sutter.
Agreed. Assuming Huselius ever returns from injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
Remember when everyone was pissed at Dean for giving Mitchell a two-year deal? Now everyone wants to give him an extension.
Few people were pissed. We were just happy to get a key UFA for the most part.

Quote:
Martinez won't be around much longer. I'd imagine DL isn't willing to give up on Hickey and will trade A-Mart to make room.
I tend to agree here. I expect whatever we do at the deadline to involve Martinez. If not, then a defenseman will be gone at or before the draft, but if DL makes a move of any magnitude, it will be with a D-man going out.

Last edited by kingsfan: 01-30-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old
01-30-2012, 10:17 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post

Sign me up for Ruutu.

At what price?

Old
01-30-2012, 10:39 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
At what price?
Exactly. If he goes this week, it will be too high of a price IMO. I don't want to trade our 1st and another prospect for a 3rd liner who will probably suck it up here anyway.

Old
01-30-2012, 11:32 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
At what price?
I assume a 1st in most cases, but Rutherford is interesting. He's not a draft pick kind of guy, he likes to get players back in his trades. Since the lock out, Rutherford has had all his draft picks only once (2009). He typically not a draft pick type of guy.

That said, I could see a prospect type of deal or a player for player type, like what he did in the Stillman-Corvo for Eaves-Commodore deal with Ottawa a couple of year back. Get an NHL ready player for a UFA.

Perhaps Jake Muzzin and Brad Richardson/Trevor Lewis and a pick added in could work? Canes need more physical D-men, as all they have next year is Harrison, so Muzzin could appeal to them for that, and he is close to being NHL ready.

Muzzin, Richardson and a 3rd perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Exactly. If he goes this week, it will be too high of a price IMO. I don't want to trade our 1st and another prospect for a 3rd liner who will probably suck it up here anyway.
I sort of apply to the Burke school of thought on this, and that is that prices will only go up as the deadline gets closer. Ruutu's price is likely lower now than at the deadline. More teams come into play at the deadline as more teams will have the cap space to accomodate a player. Burke did his deal last year for Beauchemin/Lupul around now. The fact that Ruutu could be on the move now makes me think he's a likely Leafs target (not saying he'll go there though).

Old
01-30-2012, 11:37 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post

Perhaps Jake Muzzin and Brad Richardson/Trevor Lewis and a pick added in could work? Canes need more physical D-men, as all they have next year is Harrison, so Muzzin could appeal to them for that, and he is close to being NHL ready.

Muzzin, Richardson and a 3rd perhaps?

Hey, that works for me! FWIW, you've got my deal beat:

Ruutu & 3rd in 2012

for

Hickey & 1st in 2013

Yeah, I like your deal a lot better, LoL! We should be saving our 1st round picks for much better guys.

Old
01-30-2012, 11:45 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Hey, that works for me! FWIW, you've got my deal beat:

Ruutu & 3rd in 2012

for

Hickey & 1st in 2013

Yeah, I like your deal a lot better, LoL! We should be saving our 1st round picks for much better guys.
Yours is completely fair IMO as well. I do think we need to keep our first this year (barring a deal for a long-term player who can score some goals). We've seen about nine players/peices moved out of our future assets in the past 12 months, we need to restock some of that.

Old
01-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
There goes any talk of Gleason in the future if we let players go, re-signed for 4 years in Carolina.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
01-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Martyros

Rutherford absolutely loves trading for young D-prospects that developed with other teams. He just has absolutely zero patience in letting young guys develop within the system. He didn't even see Johnson play in training camp yet and already told him he wanted to see Jack in the lineup, same went with Ladd.

Old
01-30-2012, 11:51 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Good contract for Gleason. It should bode well to us finding a D-man for around the same as Mitchell makes, assuming he doesn't resign.

Old
01-30-2012, 12:15 PM
Tadite

Quote:
At what price?
Hopefully mid-level picks or low level prospects. Guys a rental but he's also a hell of a upgrade to Penner or Richardson.

Good for Gleason. I always liked him and I'm glad he found a home with the Canes. Would have rather had him back with the Kings!

So... wonder what's better these days. Tim Gleason for 4M a year or JJ for 4 + Change Million a year?

Old
01-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Too bad, would have loved to have Gleason back in a King's uni if Willie did not re-sign. Good deal, and further proves that Mitchell is worth no more than 3.5 million, IMO.

Old
01-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Yea, you're right, what was I thinking, wasting cap space on a scoring wing, when we could be getting a veteran D, I mean, we don't have ANY kids on the farm that are capable of stepping up and playing....sorry, as far as I could get with a straight face.

Are you kidding me? You would rather see Barrett freaking Jackman on a regular basis over Muzzin, Hickey, OR Martinez?

Wow.....
Yes and so would the Kings....What would be your line-up?

Doughty-Hickey/Martinez, Scuderi-Johnson, Greene-Voynov? How damn soft does that D look?

Even Detroit has a tougher top 6 D....If Greene isn't on the ice no one is really throwing the body or clearing the net.

The Kings love having one stay at home player and one puck mover. Substituting Mitchell with a puck mover like Martinez or Hickey doesn't keep in track with how Lombardi has handled it since he become GM.

This is why there is speculation of trading a puck mover for a forward because he can easily replaced but we have no Willie Mitchell or Matt Greene in the system.

Old
01-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Mitchell is going to sing somewhere he has a better chance at a cup. Brad Stuart come on down!

Old
01-30-2012, 12:46 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
If we lose Mitchell, I am thinking:

Johnson-Doughty
Scuderi-Voynov
Martinez-Greene

Closed Thread