HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread III

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2012, 01:47 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

vCash: 500
Mitchell is such a good player and doesn't seem to be slowing down, he can play against the best players in the world every night and has a bit of an edge and grit.

Hell, I'd even be willing to give him a raise.

Old
01-30-2012, 01:48 PM
funky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Mitchell is going to sing somewhere he has a better chance at a cup. Brad Stuart come on down!
This seems very realistic. I love Willie but Stuart isn't chopped liver and would do well here. I am not worried about our D though.

I would like to get Ruutu and extend him. He brings it and has som offence. Is very versitile as well.

Old
01-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
If we lose Mitchell, I am thinking:

Johnson-Doughty
Scuderi-Voynov
Martinez-Greene
If we lose Mitchell I think Hickey gets his shot. After all Hickey isn't a offensive first defensemen by any means. He's a solid two-way D-man. And maybe that will fly with Sutter instead of having 3 shut down 3 puck mover.

Old
01-30-2012, 02:07 PM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Yes and so would the Kings....What would be your line-up?

Doughty-Hickey/Martinez, Scuderi-Johnson, Greene-Voynov? How damn soft does that D look?

Even Detroit has a tougher top 6 D....If Greene isn't on the ice no one is really throwing the body or clearing the net.

The Kings love having one stay at home player and one puck mover. Substituting Mitchell with a puck mover like Martinez or Hickey doesn't keep in track with how Lombardi has handled it since he become GM.

This is why there is speculation of trading a puck mover for a forward because he can easily replaced but we have no Willie Mitchell or Matt Greene in the system.
If you don't think Doughty or Johnson have a mean streak or are tough, I don't know what to tell you, yes they can move the puck, but they can throw the body as well, they are learning how to do both.

Old
01-30-2012, 02:07 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
If we lose Mitchell I think Hickey gets his shot. After all Hickey isn't a offensive first defensemen by any means. He's a solid two-way D-man. And maybe that will fly with Sutter instead of having 3 shut down 3 puck mover.
He'll definitely be there nipping at the heels of Martinez. It certainly seems like if he isn't dealt this season, his shot would be due. Lombardi has been hanging onto him fiercely and he does seem to be ready to test the waters. Still, all those players are established, so he has to beat out someone for the job much like Voynov did. Will have to see next training camp...

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
01-30-2012, 02:08 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post

So... wonder what's better these days. Tim Gleason for 4M a year or JJ for 4 + Change Million a year?
I still take JMFJ.

Quote:
That 3 OD/3 DD style is Murray's, not Sutter's. I doubt he's limited to that style. I think he'd like a more physical overall defense, but other than that he doesn't mind opening up the options. He had Phaneuf, Leopold, Ference, Hamrlik, Regehr and Warrener as his D the last year he coached in Calgary and the top four are more puckmovers than shutdown D-types. But they are all physical to a degree as well. Heck his seventh D was Bryan Marchment.

If we get a D in UFA (assuming DL and Sutter are both still here) I could see someone like Bryan Allen, Barrett Jackman, Cory Sarich, Hal Gill, Johnny Boychuk, Niklas Grossman, Scott Hannan, etc. Someone who can pound the body and has good size.

Old
01-30-2012, 02:13 PM
SFKingshomer

It would be interesting to hear Lombardi's take on Hickey's development

Old
01-30-2012, 02:13 PM
Johnny Utah

I'm sorry but I don't like it. That first pair does not have a stabilizing shut down guy and are not that physical. Mitchell has been really aggressive this year. Before him it was O'Donnell. Kings will pursue someone similar if Willie doesn't return.

Old
01-30-2012, 02:14 PM
Winger23

Quote:
Yes and so would the Kings....What would be your line-up?

Doughty-Hickey/Martinez, Scuderi-Johnson, Greene-Voynov? How damn soft does that D look?

Even Detroit has a tougher top 6 D....If Greene isn't on the ice no one is really throwing the body or clearing the net.

The Kings love having one stay at home player and one puck mover. Substituting Mitchell with a puck mover like Martinez or Hickey doesn't keep in track with how Lombardi has handled it since he become GM.

This is why there is speculation of trading a puck mover for a forward because he can easily replaced but we have no Willie Mitchell or Matt Greene in the system.

I 100% agree. The kings have a surplus of puck moving defensemen and not enough of the Mitchell types. I like Martinez a lot, however I think with Doughty, JJ and Voynov as the offensive puckmovers the Kings need to keep one of Martinez or Hickey in case of injuries and move the other as part of a package to acquire a scoring winger.

The Kings need to resign Willie, or acquire another stay at home, big bodied defensemen via FA if they do lose Willie.

Old
01-30-2012, 02:20 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
I'm sorry but I don't like it. That first pair does not have a stabilizing shut down guy and are not that physical. Mitchell has been really aggressive this year. Before him it was O'Donnell. Kings will pursue someone similar if Willie doesn't return.
Depends on what we are doing with our offense. I agree with you if we stick to our previous philosophies, but they have given us some pretty sluggish offenses with good defense. If Dean decides to get a couple of new forwards, then we may have to make due with what we got. Sooner or later Doughty and Johnson are going to be paired in hopes for a long term match.

Old
01-30-2012, 02:23 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Johnson and Doughty are plenty physical. And will become more defensively responsible (at least Doughty...) the longer they play.

I wouldn't be opposed to

Doughty - Johnson
Voynov - Scuderi
Hickey - Greene

As much as I like A-mart, I think Hickey brings a much more well rounded game to the table. And he is coming off a great season in Manchester, his confidence will be high, which has been a major contributing factor for him. Confidence.

Old
01-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
If you don't think Doughty or Johnson have a mean streak or are tough, I don't know what to tell you, yes they can move the puck, but they can throw the body as well, they are learning how to do both.
I agree to an extent. Johnson has shown it's there at times, but Doughty I still have my doubts about his ability to clear the front of the net the way Greene and Mitchell can. Yes doughty can prodce some killer hip checks, but against players his own size or smaller. He tried to throw a big check last game against a bigger player and ended up being the one sent flying.

If the Kings are going to have a defense first mentality then IMO a few big defensive defensemen is a must.

Old
01-30-2012, 02:37 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I think we'll see one of Drewiske, Martinez or Hickey dealt at the deadline for help. Mitchell walks in the offseason and the Kings sign Stuart as his replacement.

Doughty-Scuderi
Stuart-Voynov
Johnson-Greene
Hickey/Martinez/Drewiske

Old
01-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

I really hope we can hang on to Mitchell. Stuart isn't a bad player at all, but Willie's attitude, style, and leadership fit in so perfectly. It would be a shame to lose what we know is a perfect situation (for the Kings at least). Obviously, if he wants to go back to Vancouver, there isn't much that can be done to stop it.

Old
01-30-2012, 02:51 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 460
Quote:
I agree.

Matt Greene is tough, but mean. We need a ******* back there.

Old
01-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Apparently, Jeff Carter is traveling with Columbus to California but it is unclear if he will be playing on this trip.

Old
01-30-2012, 03:01 PM
santiclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
I agree to an extent. Johnson has shown it's there at times, but Doughty I still have my doubts about his ability to clear the front of the net the way Greene and Mitchell can. Yes doughty can prodce some killer hip checks, but against players his own size or smaller. He tried to throw a big check last game against a bigger player and ended up being the one sent flying.
You don't need to throw big hits to be effective in a shutdown role. You never see Lidstrom hammering people and he seems to do OK in his own end.

Old
01-30-2012, 03:29 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Apparently, Jeff Carter is traveling with Columbus to California but it is unclear if he will be playing on this trip.
They are bringing him here to drop him off clearly

Old
01-30-2012, 06:12 PM
SuperAlmeida

What do you think about trading for Mason Raymond? Offer something around Martinez? Though, I doubt these two teams will trade with eachother.

Old
01-30-2012, 06:14 PM
funky

Quote:
They are bringing him here to drop him off clearly
I wish!

Old
01-30-2012, 06:27 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
What do you think about trading for Mason Raymond? Offer something around Martinez? Though, I doubt these two teams will trade with eachother.
That's a decent one i'd say. Lots of talk that Raymond is going to be on the move before the deadline and Vancouver wants either an equal caliber defensemen or a bottom 6 wing.

But I honestly think you might see a Raymond for Moen + a pick trade before you see him go for a dman.

Makes sense for both teams.

Old
01-30-2012, 06:28 PM
Johnny Utah

Stay at home D men:
Scuderi
Greene
Drewiske

AHL:
Campbell

College:
Forbert

Puck movers:
Doughty
Johnson
Martinez
Voynov

AHL:
Hickey
Deslauries
Mullen
Muzzin

College:
Gravel

Kings have way more in one category.

Old
01-30-2012, 06:34 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Stay at home D men:
Scuderi
Greene
Drewiske

AHL:
Campbell

College:
Forbert

Puck movers:
Doughty
Johnson
Martinez
Voynov

AHL:
Hickey
Deslauries
Mullen
Muzzin

College:
Gravel

Kings have way more in one category.

Gravel is NOT a puck mover at all. He's a shut down man all the way. Muzzin I would say is a tweener, he could be used in both situations, a good two way defensemen, as is Mullen...think of a guy like Phaneuf...defensively capable and can chip in offensively

Old
01-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Gravel is a stay-at-home defenseman, but you are right.

Old
01-30-2012, 06:43 PM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Is it bad I think Gravel is going to be better than Forbert? No real basis, just a hunch.

Closed Thread