HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread III

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2012, 06:24 PM
bobafettish*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman3474 View Post
If CLB wants Carter out that bad all the other GMs know it, hell DL probably called Richards into his office and asked what the hell was going on with Carter because they are still close. That lowers his price. CLB is dealing from a position of weakness, add to that that carter has a NTC so he pretty much controls where he wants to go and that limits their options a lot.
his NTC doesnt apply anymore.

Old
02-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
It applies, it doesn't kick until next season begins (not sure if that means July 1st or September 16th).

Old
02-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
According to Capgeek, his full NTC doesn't kick in until next season through 2014-2015, than a modified NTC from 2015-2016 until the end of his contract.

Old
02-01-2012, 06:38 PM
nikolai19

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Martinez is included being that he has Ohio roots but JJ seems to be the right piece to CBJ to make the value correct, and it helps for the future for the next 6 years while the offset of his and Carter's contract is only about 900k more per yr.

As much as it may make sense to do a one for one deal, my guess would be that a deal for Carter would be multiplayer hence the addition of some 3rd line help which LA kind of needs.

Old
02-01-2012, 06:38 PM
BKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA View Post
So where does that leave DL? If the Kings are serious about winning, then you trade Voynov, Lokti & Bernier for Carter & their backup. That's more than enough. Its a trade for the now & for the future.
We need to hang on to Voynov. Your proposal involves too much NHL level talent leaving the Kings. Many will say you need to "give to get" but if I am DL my "untouchables" are:

- Voynov
- Kopi
- Doughty
- Richards
- Quick

Old
02-01-2012, 06:41 PM
dman3474

Thanks for the correction on the NTC.

I still say CLB is dealing from a position of weakness.

Old
02-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Knight of the Realm
champs no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in LA View Post
Exactly. I was just going to post, I'm glad some of you are not the gm.

If the rumors are true that Carter wants out, then they are in position of weakness. No way I trade JJ for Carter. Stoll & Penner will not be going the other way. So get that out of your heads. They would be asking for Loktionov.

So where does that leave DL? If the Kings are serious about winning, then you trade Voynov, Lokti & Bernier for Carter & their backup. That's more than enough. Its a trade for the now & for the future.

Its funny how some of you hate Carter. The dude is bonafide stud. He's in his prime & has a decent contract for his production. Bottom line is, he scores goals.

BTW, how are doing Nicolai? Been a long time.

Richards/Kopi/Williams
Penner/Carter/Brown
Richardson/Stoll/Lewis
Clifford/Fraser/Hunter
Voynov, Lokti, and Bernier for Carter is to rich for my blood. Rather give up a 1st instead of VV.

How much Salary will we have coming back? Can we even add Carter without sending cap space back the other way?

Old
02-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Knight of the Realm
champs no more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Martinez is included being that he has Ohio roots but JJ seems to be the right piece to CBJ to make the value correct, and it helps for the future for the next 6 years while the offset of his and Carter's contract is only about 900k more per yr.

As much as it may make sense to do a one for one deal, my guess would be that a deal for Carter would be multiplayer hence the addition of some 3rd line help which LA kind of needs.
Not sure but I think it has been said that Columbus is looking for a package of young prospects and picks.

Old
02-01-2012, 06:46 PM
BKR

I just recieved a text from a buddy in Columbus who is a die-hard CBJ fan and it said "I hope your Kings score 7 goals on us tonight."

My natural response was "What? Why?"

To which he replied "Because it needs to get worse before it gets better."

This is a guy who is tapped in to the CBJ community (fans) and I strongly believe this is the resounding sentiment around the city, having spent my college days there in the not-so-distant past.

I told him they should just leave Nash behind when the charter leaves LAX.

Old
02-01-2012, 06:49 PM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman3474 View Post
If CLB wants Carter out that bad all the other GMs know it, hell DL probably called Richards into his office and asked what the hell was going on with Carter because they are still close. That lowers his price. CLB is dealing from a position of weakness, add to that that carter has a NTC so he pretty much controls where he wants to go and that limits their options a lot.
Does he have a ntc? I can't remember if it kicked in already.

Old
02-01-2012, 06:52 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKR View Post
To which he replied "Because it needs to get worse before it gets better."
Jesus, how much worse does it need to get?

Old
02-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Martinez, Bernier, and a 2nd. That's what I'd offer. If it took more I'd consider it because we've talked about perfect fit types for so long, as far as on the ice goes, he fits in every possible way. The guy scores goals in droves.

And the only way we get their first is if we gave Kopitar or Doughty, so talk of that is just that, impossible and unachievable talk.

Old
02-01-2012, 06:55 PM
BKR

If people want to talk about giving up JJ + Bernier + anything else, then that would be more in the realm of Nash, not Carter. If you're going to give up that much for Carter, why not give up the slight bit more (prospect/pick) for Nash.

My buddy in Columbus says Nash is NOT off the table in his opinion. They're sick of the same team every year out there, and they want to rebuild ASAP.

Old
02-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Martinez, Bernier, and a 2nd. That's what I'd offer. If it took more I'd consider it because we've talked about perfect fit types for so long, as far as on the ice goes, he fits in every possible way. The guy scores goals in droves.

And the only way we get their first is if we gave Kopitar or Doughty, so talk of that is just that, impossible and unachievable talk.
This is my exact feeling as well.

Old
02-01-2012, 07:11 PM
riseandfall9

We cant give up VV or JJ.

Bernier and Lokti is fine + Maybe some picks and prospects make more sense. Obviously we don't know if CBJ wants to rebuild or not.

I just feel it this time. We are going to get Carter and its going to be pretty cheap. Last time a team wanted to get rid of a player it was Ryan Smyth and it worked out pretty well for us.

Any fears that DL might have about Carter I am pretty sure Richards and Stevens will do there best to wash it out. And if DL has serious fears then he wont move for him. I remember DL last year when we traded for Richards saying that he knew Carter was available and while possibly working on a deal for Carter they found out Richards was available. So I think there is a little bit more going on that we don't really know about.

Old
02-01-2012, 07:13 PM
outofrange

Honestly the only way we get an elite player here on the kings and in the western conference is through trade. Like Richards. No top UFA signs in the west unless your team is Detroit.

So for that reason, out of all the guys supposedly available I would take a shot at Carter. He's not old and his cap hit is not a killer. Other guys like Iginla are either too old or Nash are too expensive when it comes to caphit and price. The JVRs of the world are still unknowns and the Bobby Ryans will never get traded, especially to us.

So I say go for it, but def don't overpay.

Old
02-01-2012, 07:15 PM
ZJames

maybe we can get both carter and nash in a trade. Lol no worries, I kidd.

Old
02-01-2012, 07:18 PM
ymeagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
This is my exact feeling as well.
It seems Carter wants out, CBJ wants to get rid of him, and the Kings would like to give him a shot here. We are in a great position but so are many other teams. A ten year deal is a risk but the cap hit is nice. CBJ will take what they can get and I do not want to give any of our main roster players away. JJ, Kopi, and Richards are all cap friendly. I feel if JJ is put into the mix Quick wil have no loyalty to the team because we have no loyalty to players that sign good deals for themselves and their teams.

I think we have a good shot at Carter and I feel he will help our team a lot, especially the way we are moving to the net now. I feel that we will see something happen this week.

Old
02-01-2012, 07:21 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post

If Dean can keep Voynov and Johnson out of the deal going the other way, it has to be considered.

Old
02-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Has anyone here ever watched Jeff Carter play? He is not the game-changer that his 46 goals four years ago would suggest. 10 year contract, at over 5 million is not a the steal it appears to be. He is closer to Penner than to Parise. We have the assets and the potential cap room for a game-changer. I desperately hope DL doesn't settle and blow all that on Carter. Nash's cap hit is far worse and I still would rather go that direction, because I believe Nash can be a true difference maker.

Old
02-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Duc620

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofrange View Post
... No top UFA signs in the west unless your team is Detroit.
And Detroit is really in the middle, after all.... Not so far to fly.

Old
02-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Duc620

Carter....

Well, for one thing Carter not working out this season could get Lombardi fired. And I'm not sure Stevens is pushing this deal.

Old
02-01-2012, 07:56 PM
SFKingshomer

Would love a smaller deal for Gaustad. He's huge, can play LW or C and loves to chirp. Put him on Loktionov's wing to create some space...

Old
02-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Duc620

Can he FINISH? We need finish!

Old
02-01-2012, 08:15 PM
ymeagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
Has anyone here ever watched Jeff Carter play? He is not the game-changer that his 46 goals four years ago would suggest. 10 year contract, at over 5 million is not a the steal it appears to be. He is closer to Penner than to Parise. We have the assets and the potential cap room for a game-changer. I desperately hope DL doesn't settle and blow all that on Carter. Nash's cap hit is far worse and I still would rather go that direction, because I believe Nash can be a true difference maker.
He doesn't need to be a game changer, meaning scoring a ton of goals. Just by him being on the ice will open up other areas for whatever line he is on. His speed alone will change the way teams play against us.

Closed Thread