HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs skill competition results

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2012, 05:59 PM
  #1
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,548
vCash: 500
Habs skill competition results

Among all the doom-and-gloom we should have a neutral thread, no?

Fastest skater, one lap of Bell Centre ice:
Lars Eller, 13.19 seconds
David Desharnais, 13.49
Chris Campoli, 13.58
P.K. Subban, 13.92

Shooting accuracy, four targets set in net corners:
Tomas Kaberle, 4 targets in 6 shots (13.8 seconds, wins based on time)
Mathieu Darche, 4 in 6 (16 seconds)
Andrei Kostitsyn, 4 in 6 (16 seconds)
Rene Bourque, 4 in 7
Erik Cole, 4 in 7
Tomas Plekanec, 4 in 7
Max Pacioretty, 3 in 4 (probably disqualified with broken stick)

Hardest shot (best of three shots recorded below):
P.K. Subban, 151 km/h (not in contest, but accepted Weber challenge to win)
Yannick Weber, 147 km/h
Raphael Diaz, 135 km/h
Michael Blunden, 128 km/h
Alexei Emelin, 126 km/h

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:01 PM
  #2
holyhabs87
Registered User
 
holyhabs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,790
vCash: 500
Darche lol

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:02 PM
  #3
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,047
vCash: 500
what does that make in mph? I Think that's how the league claculates it not in km...

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:03 PM
  #4
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 500
Shooter Tutor new Habs prospect???


http://www.montrealgazette.com/Price...729/story.html


Quote:
“He’s a really good goalie,” Budaj offered in the way of a scouting report, dropping his pads to the dressing-room floor. “He has good positioning, but he’s a little deep in the net and his feet aren’t as fast as they should be. My teammates found his weaknesses pretty quickly.”

Absolutely right on all counts.

Of course, the goalie wasn’t Budaj stablemate Carey Price, but a Shooter Tutor – a four-by-six-foot

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/Carey...#ixzz1kEd8E2nU

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:06 PM
  #5
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,113
vCash: 500
This team misses Metropolit

Pierre Dagenais is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:06 PM
  #6
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 24,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Among all the doom-and-gloom we should have a neutral thread, no?

Fastest skater, one lap of Bell Centre ice:
Lars Eller, 13.19 seconds
David Desharnais, 13.49
Chris Campoli, 13.58
P.K. Subban, 13.92

Shooting accuracy, four targets set in net corners:
Tomas Kaberle, 4 targets in 6 shots (13.8 seconds, wins based on time)
Mathieu Darche, 4 in 6 (16 seconds)
Andrei Kostitsyn, 4 in 6 (16 seconds)
Rene Bourque, 4 in 7
Erik Cole, 4 in 7
Tomas Plekanec, 4 in 7
Max Pacioretty, 3 in 4 (probably disqualified with broken stick)

Hardest shot (best of three shots recorded below):
P.K. Subban, 151 km/h (not in contest, but accepted Weber challenge to win)
Yannick Weber, 147 km/h
Raphael Diaz, 135 km/h
Michael Blunden, 128 km/h
Alexei Emelin, 126 km/h


P.K. Subban, 151 km/h=93.62mph
Yannick Weber, 147 km/h = 91.14mph
Raphael Diaz, 135 km/h = 83.7mph
Michael Blunden, 128 km/h = 79mph
Alexei Emelin, 126 km/h = 78.12 mph

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:10 PM
  #7
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
This team misses Metropolit
Pierre Dagenais, everyone deserves a second chance , would you like to come back to Habs?

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:12 PM
  #8
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Pierre Dagenais, everyone deserves a second chance , would you like to come back to Habs?
Sorry dude.

Too busy scoring 39 goals in 28 games in the FHL.

http://fhl_league.stats.pointstreak....&seasonid=7324

Pierre Dagenais is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:12 PM
  #9
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
what does that make in mph? I Think that's how the league claculates it not in km...
it's called google

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:13 PM
  #10
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Sorry dude.

Too busy scoring 39 goals in 28 games in the FHL.

http://fhl_league.stats.pointstreak....&seasonid=7324
I know I've been following you .

Come back , you know it's only the right thing to do .

I know 350 a week is alot of money , but please reconsider.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:15 PM
  #11
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,815
vCash: 500
desharnais' speed and darche's accuracy I found mildly surprising. You always do see some surprises in these events.

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:16 PM
  #12
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,940
vCash: 500
No Andrei Kostitsyn in the "biggest shot" contest?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:16 PM
  #13
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
desharnais' speed and darche's accuracy I found mildly surprising. You always do see some surprises in these events.
he was a big scorer in AHL,not too surprising to me

443 point in 552 games

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:19 PM
  #14
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
No Andrei Kostitsyn in the "biggest shot" contest?
Anrdei doesn't want to increase his trade value...

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:20 PM
  #15
68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
P.K. Subban, 151 km/h=93.62mph
Yannick Weber, 147 km/h = 91.14mph
Raphael Diaz, 135 km/h = 83.7mph
Michael Blunden, 128 km/h = 79mph
Alexei Emelin, 126 km/h = 78.12 mph
That's mediocre. We need a shooter.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:24 PM
  #16
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
That's mediocre. We need a shooter.
I don't think the marginal benefit from having that extra 10 MPH will be worth the price.

I'd rather have a 80 MPH shooter who is precise than a 110 MPH shooter.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:27 PM
  #17
68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I don't think the marginal benefit from having that extra 10 MPH will be worth the price.

I'd rather have a 80 MPH shooter who is precise than a 110 MPH shooter.
We don't have a precise shooter either though.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:30 PM
  #18
Bud2790
Registered User
 
Bud2790's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Sorry dude.

Too busy scoring 39 goals in 28 games in the FHL.

http://fhl_league.stats.pointstreak....&seasonid=7324
Pierre Dagenais was 6'5? Holy crap, bring him back...we need SIZE!!!!

Bud2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:32 PM
  #19
Hank Scorpio
Registered User
 
Hank Scorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I don't think the marginal benefit from having that extra 10 MPH will be worth the price.

I'd rather have a 80 MPH shooter who is precise than a 110 MPH shooter.
I remember a couple seasons ago when Chara won hardest shot, he said he never puts that much into it in a game because it was much harder to be accurate. Most other players who can shoot the puck 100MPH+ would probably tell you the same thing.

Hank Scorpio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:47 PM
  #20
AntonCH
Registered User
 
AntonCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
I remember a couple seasons ago when Chara won hardest shot, he said he never puts that much into it in a game because it was much harder to be accurate. Most other players who can shoot the puck 100MPH+ would probably tell you the same thing.
The two Als. Iafrate and Macinnis say Hi!

AntonCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:50 PM
  #21
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
That's mediocre. We need a shooter.
Weber and Subban have both recorded past results that are much higher than this. Clearly there was a problem with the radar gun or the way in which it was used.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:54 PM
  #22
GordonGraham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,728
vCash: 500
It has to be the fisrt year in many that they didnt fill the venue for this event "only" 18000 according to rds

GordonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 06:55 PM
  #23
Estimated_Prophet
Registered User
 
Estimated_Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
desharnais' speed and darche's accuracy I found mildly surprising. You always do see some surprises in these events.
This is just proof that these competitions are meaningless and most vets don't care at all about them. Cole wins the skating competition easily if he tries at all. It is very commom for guys to surprise people with fast times in this because they actually practice it and go all out which is very dangerous when making the turn behind the net.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:06 PM
  #24
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Sorry dude.

Too busy scoring 39 goals in 28 games in the FHL.

http://fhl_league.stats.pointstreak....&seasonid=7324
http://thefederalhockeyleague.points...ague/home-5457

Never heard of that league. At least Dagenais is dominating somewhere...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 07:10 PM
  #25
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Anrdei doesn't want to increase his trade value...
I saw enough of Andrei Kostitsyn to say that he has a hard shot; also he seems to be a player fast enough to skate with the likes of Subban and Eller.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.