HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dennis Seidenberg

Old
12-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Arpi3080
Everybody be cool!

vCash: 500
Dennis Seidenberg

Hey guys,

I'm just curios, which value my compatriot has in the NHL.

Same as Christian Ehrhoff?

I know he is not available and maybe the #2 defenseman of the Bruins.

Thank you

Arpi3080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 02:41 PM
Seguin

Depends what point of view you want. If Boston is trading him, they probably want an upgrade at his own position. Something like Seidenberg + for a legit #1/2 defensemen (along the lines of Suter).

For other teams, they'd probably value him at a 1st rounder and a mid-level prospect.

The value differential there is pretty big

Seguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Grasshopperking
Oh salad days

He doesn't have the offensive touch of Ehrhoff but is much more physical and a harder worker in his own end. I don't see the B's moving him, but it's tough to really tell. I think as far as picks go he's a late 1st rounder or early 2nd + decent prospect
He'd maybe garner a 2nd line player. He's damn good when he's good but sometimes mentally slumps (last season more so than this one). He's been rock solid this season though

Grasshopperking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 03:04 PM
ZdenoWhoIAm

Seidenberg is the clear #2 on the Bruins and his shutdown defense is something the Bruins are not going to trade. His value is ridiculous to us and when Chara went down it was him who stepped up big.

Can't wait to see Chara Seidenberg and Hamilton all on the blue line.

ZdenoWhoIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2011, 07:51 PM
GIN ANTONIC

Wish Carolina never let him leave. Great player and teammate from all accounts.

GIN ANTONIC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 02:40 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIN ANTONIC View Post
Wish Carolina never let him leave. Great player and teammate from all accounts.
Carolina, philly, florida...someone else too I can't remember

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 02:44 AM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
Phoenix?

Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 02:46 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Phoenix?
Mmm sounds bout right, can't believe that many teams let him go

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 03:06 AM
chizzler

I don't know about other teams but on the Bruins, he has been great. I didn't think much of him when the B's got him, but he is a great defensive presence on back line. During the playoffs last year he was a beast. Just plYed out of his mind and has continued into this year. Good pick up for Chiarelli.

chizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 09:49 AM
GIN ANTONIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
Yeah but Carolina is really where he broke out. I mean he's taken his play up another level since joining the Bruins, but the Canes traded away Kevyn Adams to Phoenix for him while Seidenberg was pretty much an unknown. He played great for us and Jr didn't want to pay up so he went to Florida for a little over 2 mil if I'm not mistaken. Really miss the Germanator some times. One of JR's best trades but pretty bonehead in letting him go.

GIN ANTONIC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 10:51 AM
nmbr_24

I dont see the Bruins as being willing to trade him unless they were getting a clear upgrade at the same position. Picks and prospects probably wouldn't even be considered because it would create a big hole on the team that would be extremely difficult to fill.

Unless the Bruins were getting an upgrade for Seidenberg, you are not just asking what his value is but what is the the value of diminishing your chance to repeat as the Stanley Cup champion. When you take that into account, the price if a team was only offering picks or prospects would be staggering.

Seidenberg+ for a better defenseman is doable though.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 08:57 PM
jerrywally23*

Seidenberg is Boston's #2 Dman with Johnny Boychuk, Adam McQuaid close behind.

jerrywally23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

I think Seidenberg is a good #2....but would make a great #3. I can't see the Bruins trading him.

As for value. I think Seidenberg is better than Erhoff.

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 05:36 AM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Yeah but Carolina is really where he broke out. I mean he's taken his play up another level since joining the Bruins, but the Canes traded away Kevyn Adams to Phoenix for him while Seidenberg was pretty much an unknown. He played great for us and Jr didn't want to pay up so he went to Florida for a little over 2 mil if I'm not mistaken. Really miss the Germanator some times. One of JR's best trades but pretty bonehead in letting him go.
Phoenix is where he turned into a good NHLer. I was annoyed when they traded him away but I guess they had a lot of young defense - Ballard, Michalek and Yandle were ahead of Seidenberg on the depth chart.

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 09:49 AM
StormCast

Quote:
Correct about his breakout being in Carolina. But in his UFA year, Seidenberg held firm for a ridiculous contract for his value at the time and the Canes moved on. He did sign in FLA but near the eve of training camp, for less money and a lesser term. The Canes would have snapped him up on that contract but he was committed to explore free agency and he found out late his original asking price was too much.

He's become a very solid Dman but I do think his value gets over-stated now. Playing with Chara has been good for him and he did play well without Chara but he is not a guy who could carry a top pair. He's the complementary guy in the top pair or a lead guy on the second.

StormCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 10:22 AM
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormCast View Post
Correct about his breakout being in Carolina. But in his UFA year, Seidenberg held firm for a ridiculous contract for his value at the time and the Canes moved on. He did sign in FLA but near the eve of training camp, for less money and a lesser term. The Canes would have snapped him up on that contract but he was committed to explore free agency and he found out late his original asking price was too much.

He's become a very solid Dman but I do think his value gets over-stated now. Playing with Chara has been good for him and he did play well without Chara but he is not a guy who could carry a top pair. He's the complementary guy in the top pair or a lead guy on the second.
He was our best dman throughout last years playoff run.

GoBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 11:18 AM
StormCast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBs View Post
He was our best dman throughout last years playoff run.
And? I acknowledged he can play well for stretches of time. But you're kidding yourself if you think he's a first pair guy without the likes of Chara.

StormCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Kershaw

I think his value is a 1st Round Pick and a good prospect.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 11:34 AM
MPStoEberletoHall

Edm 2012 2nd, Pitlick, Plante

MPStoEberletoHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 04:12 PM
ZdenoWhoIAm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
Edm 2012 2nd, Pitlick, Plante
Not close at all. Bruins need Seidenberg and much better prospects would have to be offered even if the Bruins were looking to trade him.

ZdenoWhoIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 07:12 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrywally23 View Post
Seidenberg is Boston's #2 Dman with Johnny Boychuk, Adam McQuaid close behind.
Not that close behind.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 08:10 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I think his value is a 1st Round Pick and a good prospect.

That might be his value but I have a hard time seeing the Bruins giving him up for anything other than an upgrade on his position.

The Bruins are not one of the teams that is going to be trading their good players for prospects or
Picks, that is for the teams that are out of the playoffs or teams that have a guy who wants to be moved.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 10:16 PM
DJN21

so are we basing his value off 1 1/2 years of play here? I mean physically and shutdown wise he's dominating but he has been for maybe 2 years? With a Chara,Kaberle...boston defense and Tim thomas in a career....record setting year...

as for the comparison's to C.E of the Sabres...thats an off comparison lets go Robyn Rehger who is much more comparable and effectively fetched close to nothing...maybe 2nd rounder value...anyone willing to pay a 1st let alone a 1st+ for him is overvaluing an asset that has thrived in a great Boston system/team

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 11:23 PM
almostawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
so are we basing his value off 1 1/2 years of play here? I mean physically and shutdown wise he's dominating but he has been for maybe 2 years? With a Chara,Kaberle...boston defense and Tim thomas in a career....record setting year...

as for the comparison's to C.E of the Sabres...thats an off comparison lets go Robyn Rehger who is much more comparable and effectively fetched close to nothing...maybe 2nd rounder value...anyone willing to pay a 1st let alone a 1st+ for him is overvaluing an asset that has thrived in a great Boston system/team
Lol, this is so brutal. Have you ever watched Seidenberg play?

For the life of me, I cannot figure out which name belongs less in this thread, Regehr, or Kaberle. How on earth did you manage to work Kaberle's name into this thread?

Anyways, Seidenberg is far from a dominant, physically or defensively. He is a solid #2 defenseman or a very good #3. He can contribute on the 2nd PP unit and is a guy you can lean on on the PK. His mobility and puck moving skills are generally underrated.

At this point in time Seidenberg is simply a better defenceman than Regehr. On top of that, his contract is better.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2011, 11:25 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

I just can't see the Bruins trading him. Easily one of the most underrated players in the league, his defensive and physical play fits right into the Bruins' system. Put him with a #1 defenseman like Chara, and he'll play like one. He is capable of playing the big minutes, and he's reliable every night.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote