HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NFL Thread Part IV (Giants Are World Champions....AGAIN!)

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2012, 11:16 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Oh you know it! Road Dogs right here!
Road dogs and road warriors baby!

Old
01-22-2012, 11:16 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
GOOD. We better be the dogs.
Giants opened 3.5pt dogs but big $ right away on NY dropped to 3 within minutes.

Old
01-22-2012, 11:17 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

How the eff am I supposed to sleep now? Lol

Old
01-22-2012, 11:18 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muh View Post
Maybe it doesn't make me a Met "fan". But when Phils played Yanks in World Series I rooted for the Phillies. Dunno if football is different. But in baseball there isn't a team I hated more then Yankees, and would rather have my division rival win the WS, then see people around NY flaunt a Yankees win in my face.
Nope, as a Met fan, that was one of the few times I rooted for the Yankees. I didn't want that stinkin' franchise in Philadelphia getting back-to-back championships.

And, to be honest, while I am no fan of the Jets, I'd most likely root for them against either the Eagles or Cowboys in the Super Bowl, as much as it would suck to see Rex Ryan win a championship.

Old
01-22-2012, 11:27 PM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but Kyle Williams's Twitter account has been hit by many awful death threats, etc.

Perspective is needed there...

Old
01-22-2012, 11:29 PM
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but Kyle Williams's Twitter account has been hit by many awful death threats, etc.

Perspective is needed there...
it's just a game, sheesh.

Old
01-22-2012, 11:31 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Maybe if Alex Smith could actually throw the ball, Williams wouldn't have been the decisive error.

Seriously, I was disgusted at how we let him hand the ball to Vernon Davis on the first TD. He's just not a good QB.

Old
01-22-2012, 11:33 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Also Jon, you have to tutor me for the LSATS when that time comes.

Old
01-22-2012, 11:38 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Blaming this all on Williams is unfair. Perhaps they should blame their 2/43053205 3rd down conversions. Or how Smith threw to Gore and Davis and no one else. If it wasn't for that amazing D, Giants would have won this by a ton.

Old
01-22-2012, 11:51 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

That was an epic incredible game.

Great win.

One more to go.

Old
01-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

It's the year of the blue.

Old
01-23-2012, 12:55 AM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
i can't ****ing sleep and i have work tomorrow lol.

the only thing that scares me is we don't have underdog status like 08, no flying under the radar here, some people will actually pick the giants to win this time lol

Old
01-23-2012, 01:48 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Of course it goes both ways. Most of my Jets fans are rooting FOR the Pats. That would be like the Giants rooting FOR the Eagles or Boys against the Jets. No idea how any fanbase could root for their bitter rival in a Super Bowl.
Don't understand it either. As a Jets fan, I'm wholeheartedly pulling for the Giants. There's no rivalry between the Jets and Giants really (at least to me) and there is no way in hell I wanna see another Lombardi Trophy go to them up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik4vezina30 View Post
Hopefully I'll be able to pick up a NFC Champs shirt tomorrow afternoon on LI, hope they don't sell out by then....
I'd just wait until after the super bowl to get merchandise. If they win, you can grab the Super Bowl merch which covers everything and if not, you can probably get the shirt at Modells for 5 bucks. It's a win win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muh View Post
Maybe it doesn't make me a Met "fan". But when Phils played Yanks in World Series I rooted for the Phillies. Dunno if football is different. But in baseball there isn't a team I hated more then Yankees, and would rather have my division rival win the WS, then see people around NY flaunt a Yankees win in my face.
I don't know how you rooted for the Phillies. The Phils quickly got up the ranks as my most hated team. With the Mets being mediocre and completely out of it, they've dropped compared to some of the Rangers' rivals but when both teams are good, I don't think there is a team I hate more than the ****ing Phillies. If they had won it back to back years, I would have gone nuts. I'm also a Met fan that doesn't give a **** about the Yanks and what they do. Don't get me wrong, I don't like them by any means but it just doesn't matter to me what they do. I look at it sort of as the Giants - Jets "rivalry", mainly created by fans and not much of a rivalry at all.

01-23-2012, 04:27 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Only NY team I root against are the Isles... but if they got to the Stanley Cup finals Id pull for them against pretty much anybody else. Still NY

Old
01-23-2012, 06:20 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

As a Jets fan, there couldn't possibly be a worse superbowl.. With that said go NY..

Old
01-23-2012, 06:28 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post
As a Jets fan, there couldn't possibly be a worse superbowl.. With that said go NY..
There isn't an NFC team you guys hate more than the Giants?

Jeez.

I can tell you i'd love to see the Jets over the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, and any other number of AFC teams.

01-23-2012, 06:29 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Also Jon, you have to tutor me for the LSATS when that time comes.
I didn't do that well dude. That's why I'm at WVU. I did merely mediocre.

Old
01-23-2012, 07:14 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
There isn't an NFC team you guys hate more than the Giants?

Jeez.

I can tell you i'd love to see the Jets over the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, and any other number of AFC teams.
The NFC doesn't really bother me at all.. It's more of my **** talking Giants fan buddies that make me not stand the Giants.. Nothing personal towards the actual team.

Sucks when I'm like one of two Jets fans in our group.. I guess you have to be there. lol

Old
01-23-2012, 07:14 AM
darko

Congrats guys and enjoy it.

But go Pats.

Old
01-23-2012, 07:44 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I root for the Jets and Mets in every game except when they play my team. They represent the city I'm from, and they pose a minimal threat to my team not being able to win a Championship since they are not regular competitors.

Sorry but there is no way in hell I am EVER rooting for the Eagles if they play the Jets, or root for the Red Sox if they play the Mets.

That just sounds retarded, especially in a title game of any sort.

Old
01-23-2012, 08:28 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Just the fact you got into law school means you need to help me out.

Quote:
Sorry but there is no way in hell I am EVER rooting for the Eagles if they play the Jets, or root for the Red Sox if they play the Mets.
if there was an Eagles-Jets the only reason i'd be upset was because the Eagles made it to the dance. I'd root for the Jets very vehemently in a situation like that.

I don't do the whole "It's a New York team, so I hope they win" thing though. I do hate the Yankees and i'd never root for the Piles, ever.

Old
01-23-2012, 08:43 AM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Don't understand it either. As a Jets fan, I'm wholeheartedly pulling for the Giants. There's no rivalry between the Jets and Giants really (at least to me) and there is no way in hell I wanna see another Lombardi Trophy go to them up there.

I'd just wait until after the super bowl to get merchandise. If they win, you can grab the Super Bowl merch which covers everything and if not, you can probably get the shirt at Modells for 5 bucks. It's a win win

I don't know how you rooted for the Phillies. The Phils quickly got up the ranks as my most hated team. With the Mets being mediocre and completely out of it, they've dropped compared to some of the Rangers' rivals but when both teams are good, I don't think there is a team I hate more than the ****ing Phillies. If they had won it back to back years, I would have gone nuts. I'm also a Met fan that doesn't give a **** about the Yanks and what they do. Don't get me wrong, I don't like them by any means but it just doesn't matter to me what they do. I look at it sort of as the Giants - Jets "rivalry", mainly created by fans and not much of a rivalry at all.
I agree with everything you said. I have nothing against the Giants. My family roots for them so I'll root for them to win because I want to see them happy. I think the Jets Giants rivalry is just can based they play each other what every 4 years?. I also laughed at the people who said they hated each other because of the stadium situation. As a Yankee fan I will never root for Boston. I was happy when Yankees lost to Tampa that last game. I'm pretty sure id root for mets in world series. As far as merchandise goes I remember when I was 12 for 2003 ALCS. Yankees trailing early in that game I remember being upset and my father taking me to get the tshirt from modells which was being made for if they win. I still think getting that tshirt helped to turn things around lol.

Old
01-23-2012, 10:03 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

This picture is awesome:

There are some awesome images of that game.

http://photos.denverpost.com/mediace...ship/28198/#28

RANGERS =
Old
01-23-2012, 10:30 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I'm sorry Giants fans, but the more **** talking that Giants fans are doing about the Jets this week (which has already come up quite a bit), the more I'm leaning toward the Patriots.

I've already come to peace with the Pats Dynasty so if Brady and Belicheat have another go around, it wouldn't be so terrible. Heck, can't be worse than seeing the Devils win it 3 times or the Penguins.

However, sharing a city with a group of fans who calls the new stadium "Giants Stadium", I don't know if I'd be able to handle the talks of a Giants Dynasty.

Giants Official Twitter.
Quote:
Giants New York Giants
Some teams are happy getting to Conference Championship games, but #ImReallyGoodAt winning them! 5-0 all time! #ALLIN
Need I say more.

Old
01-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Haha same here, which is why I'm at Hofstra

Back to topic: I think people who blame Williams are ridiculous. Like BlueshirtBlitz mentioned, if Alex Smith wasn't skipping balls into his WR's and actually knew how to throw a pass, he could've put the game away in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter.

Closed Thread