HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nikita Filatov Signs w/ Salavat Yulaev Ufa (Done as a Senator?)

Old
01-22-2012, 11:35 PM
Magix

vCash: 500
I hope he does, and if he ever puts it all together it would be murray's best move by far.

Magix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 11:45 PM
xking23
Petersson

I really don't get the lack of faith in a 21 year old, who has been rushed into the NHL, playing limited minutes, been told by his coach/teammates he is too good for the AHL, and signed a one year contract in Russia. During his few NHL games, I noticed him on the back check, I saw him do amazing things offensively. I really never got his hate. Like if he scored on the wrap around in Dallas, how different would people think of him. Or if Winchester knocked in a few of those gift wrapped passes. I mean yes Ottawa has had a lot of problems with skilled Russians, but Filatov can make a difference and become a massive threat.

Filatov - Turris - Michalek would be a great 2nd line and I think it would be good to see two "busts" come in an dominate.

xking23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 11:54 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by xking23 View Post
I really don't get the lack of faith in a 21 year old, who has been rushed into the NHL, playing limited minutes, been told by his coach/teammates he is too good for the AHL, and signed a one year contract in Russia. During his few NHL games, I noticed him on the back check, I saw him do amazing things offensively. I really never got his hate. Like if he scored on the wrap around in Dallas, how different would people think of him. Or if Winchester knocked in a few of those gift wrapped passes. I mean yes Ottawa has had a lot of problems with skilled Russians, but Filatov can make a difference and become a massive threat.

Filatov - Turris - Michalek would be a great 2nd line and I think it would be good to see two "busts" come in an dominate.
PERFECTLY said.

Also, if Filatov-Turris both have amazing years together next year, I won't stop laughing...for another 2 years.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2012, 11:54 PM
Magix

Quote:

Well put

Magix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 12:04 AM
playasRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Bolting after 90 games in the AHL basically defines a lazy player. What is that one full season and 8 games? This situation is looking similar to the Nikulin and Zubov situation, who both were lazy players. It wouldn't surprise me if FQL has it right, Filatov may very well take another stab at it next season.

As far as your assertion regarding Stone, I couldn't disagree with you further. Stone has the one thing that everyone is and has been questioning regarding Filatov, and that is heart. Stone is a big body with a tremendous skill set to go with it. Stone has the heart and the work ethic to overcome his deficiencies. If you didn't know already, Stone came to Ottawa over the summer to work with Marc Power on his skating and with Chris Schwartz for his athleticism on his own dime. He is now considered the poster boy for what the organization wants their prospects to do regarding development. I honestly fail to see how Filatov has a better chance of being an NHLer than Stone. He came into this organization looking for a fresh start and he ended up doing almost the exact same thing as he did in Columbus. At this point Filatov's character is very much in question. But as FQL pointed out, Filatov may be forgoing opportunities in the KHL to try and prove everyone wrong and become an NHLer.
Don't forget he bounced up and down between NHL and AHL. So he didn't try for 3 years. Didn't bolt after he was sent down right away.

playasRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 12:29 AM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 820
None.

I'll be completely shocked if he ever makes an impact with Ottawa...

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:42 AM
burgess1978

Bobby Butler gets paid $900k this year and $1.2m next year on a one way deal. If we are serious about wanting Filatov to succeed we know what to do - give him a one way deal. He is happy to play in the AHL on better money. What about ...

1. We give him a 2-way qualifying offer
2. We offer him a one way, 1 year $500-$600k deal with incentives, options etc.

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 03:50 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

No.

Trade him now.

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 03:55 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

I think its more of a case of how absolutely horrible it is to be drafted by the Blue Jackets than anything other single thing.

I was really psyched he was traded to Ottawa where I thought he had a shot at making the club. Its too bad things didn't work out better this season for both the team and Filatov. If things had gelled it would have been great for both parties.

I wonder if Filatov is willing to play in the AHL for a season or two/three and get a legit shot at being a top 6 forward in the NHL or not.

However it plays out it will be interesting.

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:29 AM
SensAreReligion
GT- CxC Senator

Quote:

Well Done.

I agree completely!

SensAreReligion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:08 AM
AlfieIsOurKing
Jumping Folignos!

He'll come back. He might not make the team with all the other prospects coming in (Zbad, Silf etc.) but he'll come back.

AlfieIsOurKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:20 AM
Swedish Mafia
Baby got Backstrom

vCash: 50
If he wants to come back, he's gotta do rebounds

Swedish Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:21 AM
TSA0402

He signed a one year deal in KHL. I'm rather confident he'll at least make another attempt at it.

I think many people are overrating many Sens prospects right now and underrating Filatov. Zibanejad hasn't proven much and Silfverberg, we will see. Filatov fared much better in NHL at that age. Hopefully he doesn't get the Brian Lee treatment this time.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:31 AM
starling

Quote:
But the bad news for the League came when KHL's Chairman of the Board Vyacheslav Fetisov announced that he was stepping down from his position with the League and resigning as the President of his alma mater CSKA.

"This whole situation is sickening to me. I don't want to be a part of what is going on with the club. I don't see the point of staying at CSKA."

It's unclear what prompted Fetisov to step down from the KHL, but he has long been involved in a power struggle with the new owners of CSKA that led to his resignation from the club. The renowned Red Army club was on the verge of perishing due to financial difficulties, just like another pillar of Russian hockey Dynamo Moscow crumbled.

Legendary CSKA coach Viktor Tikhonov even appealed to Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin to save the club. Putin listened and Russian oil company Rosneft became the club owner. But they also wanted to call all of the shots including player personnel decisions. That was the reason Nikita Filatov couldn't sign with CSKA for some time after leaving to the KHL on loan from the Ottawa Senators. And Fetisov didn't want to be a part of the club policies any longer.

"[Sergei] Nemchinov [CSKA GM] is a weak coach, a weak manager, a weak person. I am sure he doesn't have any future," Fetisov told Sport.ru.
I'd be surprised if Filatov wants to stay in this mess.

starling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Lenny the Lynx

Saying he got "the Brian Lee treatment" is ridiculous. He wasn't being punished or unfairly put in the AHL - he was put there because it was the best thing for his development, end of story.

I'm trying to stay level-headed about this - I don't buy in to the stereotype stuff that he's a lazy Russian and doesn't backcheck etc, but I did see him as a young and very raw player that would greatly benefit from some big minutes and focused coaching that he could receive in the AHL.

To bottom line for me is that he made a big mistake in going back to Russia. At minimum he would have gotten a handful of games here and there and been able to make more of an impression on the coaching staff and management. He can come back next year but he's going to be in tough with the competition. Not only to make the team but to be a priority and get ice time in Bingo.

All that said, he's still young so he has as much of a chance as anyone else to make it, but it's too bad he didn't stick it out this year because he would have gotten more chances.

Lenny the Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:46 AM
Cowen Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
It depends according achievments in KHL and especially PO and than a training camp. And especially, he has great skill, great hockey IQ, he could be one of the best NHL players, but if he doesnt clean his head he wont play in NHL. And I wish him success.
I think I will keep copy of this and paste it in everytime the Filatov dead horse is flogged yet again.

Cowen Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Sens Rule

I like this thread because I kind of assumed Filatov was done with us. It seems he is likely to come to training camp. I didn't realize this.

It makes it possible he makes the team or at least if he is good but we are too deep he could get dealt to another team and we recoup a 3-5th round pick for him.

I don't dislike his game. He really does not enjoy being hit.. but in time he is talented and skillful enough to make that a rare occurance.

I am not one to pigeon hole lines... and skill sets to be on those lines. For Filatov it is not top 6 or nothing. It is top 9 or nothing. Zibanejad or Silfvenberg can likely do the 4th line. Regin can for sure play on any line.

In that context he really has a chance to make the team. I am not sure he would... but he really could.

At the start of this year we let Zibanejad, Da Costa and Filatov play for awhile with not enough results because we did not know we were a good team. Now we KNOW we are a good team and every game matters... even in the first ten. It makes it harder for a prospect to stick if he can not put it together right away. Filatov has a better shot to put it all together and be a really effective player then some of our prospects... like we see in Turris. 22 is a big year. He could break out and maximize his skill.

I like Murray and Maclean to use good judgement. Filatov will be Filatov. He is not going ton be changed that much.. he brings his positives and some negatives.

I think he probably does not make the team out of camp... but he has a chance... he could be a legit talented top 9 player among our forwards next season.

Sens Rule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 09:05 AM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
He signed a one year deal in KHL. I'm rather confident he'll at least make another attempt at it.

I think many people are overrating many Sens prospects right now and underrating Filatov. Zibanejad hasn't proven much and Silfverberg, we will see. Filatov fared much better in NHL at that age. Hopefully he doesn't get the Brian Lee treatment this time.
That has no bearing on whether he will return or not. He had no choice but to sign a balance of the season deal since he is only on loan from the Sens. He is under contract with Ottawa until July 1. While they don't have an official agreement respecting each others contracts the KHL and the NHL do respect them to avoid a bidding war.

What's important is what he will do by July1st . The Sens will tender him a qualifying offer but he could choose to reject it. As far as the NHL is concerned, he will remain Ottawa property because the Sens qualified him even if he doesn't sign the offer. However since he's not under contract with the Sens any KHL team would be perfectly within their current rights to sign him for as long as they like.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 09:12 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensar View Post
I think I will keep copy of this and paste it in everytime the Filatov dead horse is flogged yet again.
Good Jesus, why? I wouldnt like to see my gramatical mistakes copied...

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 09:22 AM
mianjo

How is he doing in the KHL?

mianjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 09:42 AM
Juneemoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mianjo View Post
How is he doing in the KHL?
Funny you should ask....last week CSKA was down 3-2 against Ak Bars Kazan with less than a minute to go..... and, well, this happened

He has one goal and one assist in 10 games, and his biggest supporter with CSKA is now gone.

Juneemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 10:28 AM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumperStumper View Post
Saying he got "the Brian Lee treatment" is ridiculous. He wasn't being punished or unfairly put in the AHL - he was put there because it was the best thing for his development, end of story.
He was sent down to the AHL after two games. Is that a joke? Talk about getting a shot. He wasn't the worst player(not even close) on the team, he was sent down because of his options and Sens brass liked Greening on top six. Filatov as a 4th liner is such a waste of time. Hopefully they don't pull the same **** with Petersson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundraman View Post
While they don't have an official agreement respecting each others contracts the KHL and the NHL do respect them to avoid a bidding war.
Tell that to Nashville.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post

Tell that to Nashville.
Nothing has changed. The KHL respected his contract with the NHL. Nashville did the same thing that Ottawa did and loaned him to his old Russian team. He didn't jump ship without permission and he remained Nashville property until the trade to Ottawa.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 10:47 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneemoon View Post
Funny you should ask....last week CSKA was down 3-2 against Ak Bars Kazan with less than a minute to go..... and, well, this happened

He has one goal and one assist in 10 games, and his biggest supporter with CSKA is now gone.
He played three or four games with injury. From the game from Spartak he played very good, against Riga was the first star, he injured but played with it, against Ufa he injured in this same place again and he didnt play the second period, against Nizhnekamensk played injured, than against Kazan he was injured to his hand again and they had to cure him his hand but finished the game (this chance was after his injury).

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 11:17 AM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

What are the chances Filatov will be back?

I'd say it's a 50/50 chance.

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote