HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Robin Big Snake Almost Signed

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-08-2004, 11:59 PM
  #1
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Robin Big Snake Almost Signed

http://www.winterhawks.com/index.php...d=270&Itemid=1

“Don Maloney, the Assistant General Manager of the New York Rangers, called me today and said Robin had a really good tryout,” Winter Hawks GM Ken Hodge said. “Any other year, they probably would have signed him to a contract, but with the NHL locked out, Hartford has 35 hockey players trying for 23 spots so Robin was in pretty tough. But, they liked what they saw. He showed them some things. Now, they will monitor his performance with us as a 20-year-old this season.”

Another reason I want this NHL lockout to end. I hope we sign him cause it looks like Sather and the coaches like what they saw from him.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3064718

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
10-09-2004, 12:12 AM
  #2
Emerald City Bruin
I-90 W for 2500mi
 
Emerald City Bruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle,WA
Country: United States
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Emerald City Bruin Send a message via MSN to Emerald City Bruin Send a message via Yahoo to Emerald City Bruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
http://www.winterhawks.com/index.php...d=270&Itemid=1

“Don Maloney, the Assistant General Manager of the New York Rangers, called me today and said Robin had a really good tryout,” Winter Hawks GM Ken Hodge said. “Any other year, they probably would have signed him to a contract, but with the NHL locked out, Hartford has 35 hockey players trying for 23 spots so Robin was in pretty tough. But, they liked what they saw. He showed them some things. Now, they will monitor his performance with us as a 20-year-old this season.”

Another reason I want this NHL lockout to end. I hope we sign him cause it looks like Sather and the coaches like what they saw from him.

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3064718

Wish you had. Now I have to deal with him for 11 more games. :mad:

Emerald City Bruin is offline  
Old
10-09-2004, 12:14 AM
  #3
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
whats the best case scenario for this kid fourth line winger?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
10-09-2004, 12:22 AM
  #4
Prucha73
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
whats the best case scenario for this kid fourth line winger?
realistically, yes.

But he has no obligation to Rangers, he likely will be auditioning for another organization next season.

Prucha73 is offline  
Old
10-09-2004, 01:15 AM
  #5
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
realistically, yes.

But he has no obligation to Rangers, he likely will be auditioning for another organization next season.
Nah I gotta a feeling since Sather likes something he saw, I feel he might signed when injuries happen down the road. I know we resigned Scott, but he is not playing for the Wolfpack yet and is he even healthy??? Maybe Big Snake will be his replacement.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
10-09-2004, 01:19 AM
  #6
Prucha73
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Nah I gotta a feeling since Sather likes something he saw, I feel he might signed when injuries happen down the road. I know we resigned Scott, but he is not playing for the Wolfpack yet and is he even healthy??? Maybe Big Snake will be his replacement.

Hollweg is Scott's replacement. Both have concussion problems.


Last edited by Prucha73: 10-09-2004 at 01:33 AM.
Prucha73 is offline  
Old
10-09-2004, 01:41 AM
  #7
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
Hollweg is Scott's replacement. Both have concussion problems.

Nah Hollweg is more of an agitator rather than a fighter and has alot more skill.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
10-09-2004, 10:37 AM
  #8
NYR469
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,785
vCash: 500
from the sound of it, if big snake has a solid year he could be signed next summer...there just wasn't room for him in hartford this year with the lockout.

NYR469 is offline  
Old
10-09-2004, 11:33 AM
  #9
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
from the sound of it, if big snake has a solid year he could be signed next summer...there just wasn't room for him in hartford this year with the lockout.
And If he plays with Dubinsky again that can help his offense. Wow we got alot of players who have played together.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
10-09-2004, 11:45 AM
  #10
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil
 
Draft Guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,615
vCash: 500
Yay! Let's end the lockout right this minute so we can sign Robin Big Snake!!!

[Sarcasm/off]


Draft Guru is offline  
Old
10-09-2004, 02:25 PM
  #11
Kubera55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 323
vCash: 500
From what I've seen and read about Big Snake, he's much more of an agitator type. Sort of a poor man's Garth Murray (who in turn is a poor man's Tie Domi or poor man's Darren McCarty or poor man's Brad May . . . somewhere there are a lot of poor men basically).

For the record, Martin Grenier and Trevor Gillis are Richard Scott's replacements. And Jake Taylor, David Liffiton, Ryan Hollweg, and the aforementioned Garth Murray round out a pretty PIM heavy farm team. (Oh, and anyone's who's seen or read an interview with the red-locked-Liffiton knows that he and Richard Scott share some genetic ancestors.)

I'm interested in Big Snake largely because:
A) Jersey Sales would be hilarious
B) He might be able to keep Brandon Dubinsky happy.

That's about it. The Rangers are drowning in agitator/4th line kids. Big Snake isn't that big, doesn't score, and he's older than a lot of the true prospects. Not really crushed by his loss...

Kubera55 is offline  
Old
10-10-2004, 01:17 AM
  #12
Emerald City Bruin
I-90 W for 2500mi
 
Emerald City Bruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle,WA
Country: United States
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Emerald City Bruin Send a message via MSN to Emerald City Bruin Send a message via Yahoo to Emerald City Bruin
Just a little tidbit tonight about RBS's return to the WHL.

14:12 of the first period he got a 5 for fighting and a game for dropping the gloves and pounding a Thunderbird who clearly didn't want to go.

This guy has some serious discipline problems that only seem to come out against Seattle.

Emerald City Bruin is offline  
Old
10-10-2004, 01:34 AM
  #13
Prucha73
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinStuckInTheEye
Just a little tidbit tonight about RBS's return to the WHL.

14:12 of the first period he got a 5 for fighting and a game for dropping the gloves and pounding a Thunderbird who clearly didn't want to go.

This guy has some serious discipline problems that only seem to come out against Seattle.
Probably took out his frustrations of not making the Wolfpack.

Prucha73 is offline  
Old
10-10-2004, 01:36 AM
  #14
Emerald City Bruin
I-90 W for 2500mi
 
Emerald City Bruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle,WA
Country: United States
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Emerald City Bruin Send a message via MSN to Emerald City Bruin Send a message via Yahoo to Emerald City Bruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
Probably took out his frustrations of not making the Wolfpack.
Incidents like this means he won't make it back anytime soon.

Emerald City Bruin is offline  
Old
10-10-2004, 03:03 AM
  #15
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinStuckInTheEye
Incidents like this means he won't make it back anytime soon.
I doubt that will stop the Rangers from signing him if they do. What is the problem with the incident? Players turtle and do this alot. Its called a stragety to get a 5 minute pp.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
10-10-2004, 03:06 AM
  #16
Emerald City Bruin
I-90 W for 2500mi
 
Emerald City Bruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle,WA
Country: United States
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Emerald City Bruin Send a message via MSN to Emerald City Bruin Send a message via Yahoo to Emerald City Bruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
I doubt that will stop the Rangers from signing him if they do. What is the problem with the incident? Players turtle and do this alot. Its called a stragety to get a 5 minute pp.
Well Farmanara didn't turtle. He jawed at RBS, Snake sucker punched him a couple times and then once Farms hit the ice, Robin piled on and started hitting again.

It's a big difference between both players dropping the gloves and then one turtling than one guy dropping and pounding away.

Emerald City Bruin is offline  
Old
10-10-2004, 03:11 AM
  #17
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinStuckInTheEye
Well Farmanara didn't turtle. He jawed at RBS, Snake sucker punched him a couple times and then once Farms hit the ice, Robin piled on and started hitting again.

It's a big difference between both players dropping the gloves and then one turtling than one guy dropping and pounding away.
Well lot of players keep hitting when the guy is down. Lindros did this at times. So did Domi and alot of other fighters.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
10-10-2004, 03:34 AM
  #18
Emerald City Bruin
I-90 W for 2500mi
 
Emerald City Bruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle,WA
Country: United States
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Emerald City Bruin Send a message via MSN to Emerald City Bruin Send a message via Yahoo to Emerald City Bruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Well lot of players keep hitting when the guy is down. Lindros did this at times. So did Domi and alot of other fighters.
You're still talking about fights which this wasn't. If I can rip that part of the dvd, I'll show you what happened.

Emerald City Bruin is offline  
Old
10-10-2004, 05:29 AM
  #19
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Problem is that too many guys use the turtle and fake glove dropes and every other sad attempt nowadays.

It just seems to get worse and worse every year to the point where it's now becoming a regular part of the junior game as well.

Turtling used to not mean you weren't still gonna get hit. It simply meant you weren't like to get hit in the face and go to the hospital.

The way things are going in the next few years you're gonna see guys looking for timeouts during a fight. It's getting like old school pro wrestling for pete's sake.

Edge is offline  
Old
10-10-2004, 05:31 AM
  #20
Emerald City Bruin
I-90 W for 2500mi
 
Emerald City Bruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle,WA
Country: United States
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Emerald City Bruin Send a message via MSN to Emerald City Bruin Send a message via Yahoo to Emerald City Bruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Problem is that too many guys use the turtle and fake glove dropes and every other sad attempt nowadays.

It just seems to get worse and worse every year to the point where it's now becoming a regular part of the junior game as well.

Turtling used to not mean you weren't still gonna get hit. It simply meant you weren't like to get hit in the face and go to the hospital.

The way things are going in the next few years you're gonna see guys looking for timeouts during a fight. It's getting like old school pro wrestling for pete's sake.
Honestly I've only seen about 2 players turtle in the past 2 years and thats in about 90 or so games. 1 of those was in the playoffs when his team was down and he was clearly going for the PP. I don't think it's as bad (yet) as you think it might be.

Emerald City Bruin is offline  
Old
10-10-2004, 05:35 AM
  #21
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinStuckInTheEye
Honestly I've only seen about 2 players turtle in the past 2 years and thats in about 90 or so games. 1 of those was in the playoffs when his team was down and he was clearly going for the PP. I don't think it's as bad (yet) as you think it might be.
At the junior level not yet but it's slowly creeping it's way in. I saw at least half a dozen incidents like that last year. Two years ago I saw four, three years ago I saw.....five years ago I saw one.

Don't get me wrong I don't think it's an epidmeic by any means.....yet. Having said that, I always saw the fake glove dropping spread in a similar fashion over the years. First one guy did it and you could shrug it off. Than two....before you knew it almost every physical game featured at least one incident of it.

Now compare that to even ten years ago and it really becomes an embarassing trend.

I don't think it is a serious problem in juniors yet, but it's sneaking in there.

Edge is offline  
Old
10-10-2004, 05:51 AM
  #22
Emerald City Bruin
I-90 W for 2500mi
 
Emerald City Bruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle,WA
Country: United States
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Emerald City Bruin Send a message via MSN to Emerald City Bruin Send a message via Yahoo to Emerald City Bruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
At the junior level not yet but it's slowly creeping it's way in. I saw at least half a dozen incidents like that last year. Two years ago I saw four, three years ago I saw.....five years ago I saw one.

Don't get me wrong I don't think it's an epidmeic by any means.....yet. Having said that, I always saw the fake glove dropping spread in a similar fashion over the years. First one guy did it and you could shrug it off. Than two....before you knew it almost every physical game featured at least one incident of it.

Now compare that to even ten years ago and it really becomes an embarassing trend.

I don't think it is a serious problem in juniors yet, but it's sneaking in there.

Just curious, which teams/league are you watching?

Emerald City Bruin is offline  
Old
10-11-2004, 12:35 AM
  #23
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Various {a long story to go into my job} but I'd say more WHL and OHL than anything else.

Edge is offline  
Old
10-11-2004, 12:37 AM
  #24
Emerald City Bruin
I-90 W for 2500mi
 
Emerald City Bruin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle,WA
Country: United States
Posts: 926
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Emerald City Bruin Send a message via MSN to Emerald City Bruin Send a message via Yahoo to Emerald City Bruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Various {a long story to go into my job} but I'd say more WHL and OHL than anything else.
Did you see these occurences in one over the other? I know the styles in all 3 CHL leagues have differences.

Emerald City Bruin is offline  
Old
10-11-2004, 12:56 AM
  #25
f1nn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,782
vCash: 1312
Send a message via AIM to f1nn
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinStuckInTheEye
Just a little tidbit tonight about RBS's return to the WHL.

14:12 of the first period he got a 5 for fighting and a game for dropping the gloves and pounding a Thunderbird who clearly didn't want to go.

This guy has some serious discipline problems that only seem to come out against Seattle.

that is because Portland and Seattle have a VERY big rivalry...

f1nn is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.