HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pit-Mtl

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2012, 01:11 PM
  #26
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 34,137
vCash: 500
Morrow is not just another first round pick. He was a last cut out of training camp and almost stuck with the team despite how stacked the Pens are defensively. If the draft were redone he obviously would be a much higher pick. You do not trade players like that, certainly not for a rental. They are the building blocks of your future teams.

Jaded-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:26 PM
  #27
Clipitar
Registered User
 
Clipitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Morrow is not just another first round pick. He was a last cut out of training camp and almost stuck with the team despite how stacked the Pens are defensively. If the draft were redone he obviously would be a much higher pick. You do not trade players like that, certainly not for a rental. They are the building blocks of your future teams.
He's a great prospect and all, but if he were as great as some of you guys are painting him to be, I believe he would've made team Canada at the last WJC.

I think AK for Morrow and a small + is fair value. But I don't think this is the type of move Pitt should be making, and it certainly isn't one move Montreal should be looking into as well, considering AK's expressed desire to remain a Hab AND the fact the organization is strong in terms of PMD's, both currently playing and in their prospect depth.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:29 PM
  #28
Jaded-Fan
Registered User
 
Jaded-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 34,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
He's a great prospect and all, but if he were as great as some of you guys are painting him to be, I believe he would've made team Canada at the last WJC.

I think AK for Morrow and a small + is fair value. But I don't think this is the type of move Pitt should be making, and it certainly isn't one move Montreal should be looking into as well, considering AK's expressed desire to remain a Hab AND the fact the organization is strong in terms of PMD's, both currently playing and in their prospect depth.
Another point which you brought up. The Pens are absolutely jackpot loaded with quality defensemen. None of which other than Morrow is of the PMD variety in the minors. They are not trading that asset they will need away.

Jaded-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:32 PM
  #29
gdsmack267
Registered User
 
gdsmack267's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,964
vCash: 500
If any player from Montreal is going to Pitt it will be Hal Gill for a playoff run.

Orpik-Letang
Niskanen-Martin
Gill-Michalek (shutdown pair)

gdsmack267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:07 PM
  #30
ShatteredGlass
Formerly Andy412
 
ShatteredGlass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
Trading Morrow + anything for Kostitsyn is supreme overpayment by the Pens. That won't happen because Shero is not an idiot. Morrow is the closest thing we have to Letang in our entire orginization and like stated before, would have made the team if it weren't for how stacked we are defensively and the fact that we didn't want to waste his progression by playing him low 5-6 D minutes.

Morrow is every bit as good as advertized and losing that would be one of the worst moves we could make, no matter how good Kostitsyn would be for us. (By the way, I'd more than likely see him playing with Crosby once he gets back, rather than tampering with the Chemistry of the Malkin line).

However, I do like the Kostitsyn/Tangradi deal proposal. More realistic and more likely to happen.

ShatteredGlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:16 PM
  #31
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood
 
Ragamuffin Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,429
vCash: 500
OP horribly misspelled "Tangradi"

Ragamuffin Gunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:17 PM
  #32
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic
 
Captain Smurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,879
vCash: 500
I'd pass on the Tangradi proposal from a Habs point of view. Much rather just try to resign AK. Then again, I've never be high on Tangradi. He fills an organizational need, I just don't see him making any impact in the NHL. Don't really see Montreal trading with Pittsburgh for less than a 1st rounder. Maybe something involving Harrington (to keep the Tinordi-Harrington pair together). I don't think Shero would go for that though. Past that, I don't really see a fit for Montreal.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:51 PM
  #33
Clipitar
Registered User
 
Clipitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Another point which you brought up. The Pens are absolutely jackpot loaded with quality defensemen. None of which other than Morrow is of the PMD variety in the minors. They are not trading that asset they will need away.
Makes definite sense. No reason for Mtl to look into Morrow because of current organizational PMD depth, and no reason for Pit to look into trading Morrow because of lack of depth in terms of PMD's.

Personally the player I'd love on Mtl roster is Orpik, because we need more guys like him on the back-end. I am well aware he's not available though.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:55 PM
  #34
barneyg
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Gill playing 3rd pair shutdown role in playoffs with mostly PK time would be beneficial to any contender. He'll get moved for sure, I bet a few teams are interested in him.
I disagree with the first part -- that's the whole point of my post. I think Gill has regressed to the point where he's no longer a useful 3rd pairing shutdown d-man. There's a reason why his TOI has declined this year (by 2 minutes/game). As for the latter part, I agree -- if a team believes they will get the 2009 Gill/Scuderi pairing, or they need some serious help on the PK, they'll want him. I think the Pens would be making a mistake to pay anything more than a 4th for Gill.

barneyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 02:57 PM
  #35
Clipitar
Registered User
 
Clipitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,383
vCash: 500
As for Tangradi, I don't see that much into him and never have, actually. I'm definitely not willing to send away quality assets for him, especially when these assets could bring a late 1st (AK) or a 2nd (Gill or Moen). To me Tangradi is worth a 3rd rounder in a deep draft at best. I could understand Pit fans valuing him more than that, I would just rather have the pick right now. With Cole, Patches, AK, Bourque, etc., Montreal is not that desperate anyway to bulk up on the wings.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 03:01 PM
  #36
Clipitar
Registered User
 
Clipitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post
I disagree with the first part -- that's the whole point of my post. I think Gill has regressed to the point where he's no longer a useful 3rd pairing shutdown d-man. There's a reason why his TOI has declined this year (by 2 minutes/game). As for the latter part, I agree -- if a team believes they will get the 2009 Gill/Scuderi pairing, or they need some serious help on the PK, they'll want him. I think the Pens would be making a mistake to pay anything more than a 4th for Gill.
In terms of logging 18 min+ a game and getting tons of ES time, I agree.

However, in terms of overall PK abilities, I don't think Gill has ever been as efficient as this year (and that is quite the statement!). Honestly, it's getting ridiculous. There's a reason and Gorges definitely needs to be mentioned as well why Montreal's PK is that good this year even if they pretty suck everywhere else.

I think Gill can be extremely useful to a contender this spring. His minutes need to be sheltered, but nothing a half-decent coach can't handle.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 03:11 PM
  #37
barneyg
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
I think Gill can be extremely useful to a contender this spring. His minutes need to be sheltered, but nothing a half-decent coach can't handle.
that's why I said he would garner interest from teams who need some serious PK help. The Pens have the 4th best PK in the league, with most of our PK staples missing some time to injuries. Gill would be useless to us.

barneyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 03:29 PM
  #38
Human
cynic
 
Human's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bandwagon
Posts: 6,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post
that's why I said he would garner interest from teams who need some serious PK help. The Pens have the 4th best PK in the league, with most of our PK staples missing some time to injuries. Gill would be useless to us.
Pens' PK was first or second in the league last (regular) season, too. that didn't help in the playoffs though, did it?

Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 03:57 PM
  #39
Muscles4Malkin
Top-6 Beau
 
Muscles4Malkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Turku
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,124
vCash: 500
Not in a million years from Pens POV! Morrow is going to be awesome.


Last edited by Muscles4Malkin: 01-23-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Muscles4Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 04:23 PM
  #40
ginovegas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,137
vCash: 500
if anything Habs need a right handed D

PK Right
Gorges left (can play right)
Beaulieu left
Tinrodi left
Markov left
Emelin left (he has proven that he is better on the left side)


gotta start picking up guys that fit our needs

Would rather have Depres but he is left handed also

ginovegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.