vCash: 500
brutal

Old
02-11-2012, 12:00 AM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1200
Great, just what we needed. Prospect injuries.

Old
02-11-2012, 12:01 AM
puckMAN

So I walked into the room just in time to hear the post game announcer compare JZ to Mike BossyHaha if he can become half that we got a player...hope the kid is okay.

Old
02-11-2012, 12:17 AM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
“@Wild_Halo: @PulledGoalie gotta Zucker update?”~~~Spoke to Gwozdecki and he thinks he will be fine.
http://twitter.com/#!/PulledGoalie/s...15984048586752

Old
02-11-2012, 12:27 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Another possible injury to a Wild player or prospect.

Old
02-11-2012, 08:16 AM
mnwildgophers

Bad hit on Zucker, sucks to see that happen to him, hope he's alright, but you can see why he's going to be a good player. His goal probably shouldn't have gone in, but the goal was such a quick shot that Patterson couldn't react in time. I love what he brings to the table, I just hope he isn't hurt and that we don't trade him. Just need to keep letting these guys develop and we will be alright.

Old
02-11-2012, 08:17 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

**** Rau.

Old
02-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Bookman

vCash: 728
Greenlay said last night they were calling it an upper body injury. Hopefully nothing with long term implications.

Found this at the Denver Post:

Quote:
"The only thing we do know is that, as far as we know, there is no head trauma or concussion and neck trauma," DU coach George Gwozdecky said of Zucker's condition. "I have no idea what Jason's status is from here on, but it's good news that there was no trauma to his head."

Read more: Pioneers punish Golden Gophers despite losing Zucker - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/du/ci_19942337#ixzz1m5Un2L6z
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
At least it's not the dreaded C word.

Old
02-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

How can they determine it's not a concussion immediately? I'll bet he has one and symptoms don't show up for a couple days.

Hoping for the best, man, that hit didn't look so bad but hate seeing a player on the ice that long.

Old
02-11-2012, 10:33 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
How can they determine it's not a concussion immediately? I'll bet he has one and symptoms don't show up for a couple days.

Hoping for the best, man, that hit didn't look so bad but hate seeing a player on the ice that long.
He didn't look concussed at any point, and that was apparently never part of the concern. The problem with diagnosing concussions isn't so much the "symptoms don't appear" angle that old wives tales have taught everyone, but that symptoms are overlooked. Could something pop up later? Sure, but this would be by far the exception and not the rule.

The entire injury looked like it was being treated overcautiously (not that I'm complaining) and with an eye towards a neck or spinal injury. They were extremely ginger with him on the ice, but once they determined how he was leaving the rink, they just picked him up (by the arms!) and had him walk off. I'd have to suspect it's a back injury as they would have never had him walk off if it were spinal or a neck injury, they say it's not a concussion (nor did he ever look like that was the primary injury), and they continuously bumped and moved his arms without concern so it's not a shoulder or arm injury. Shouldn't be anything broken either, because I can't see anyone reporting "he'll be fine" if they know he has a broken rib, and that's not exactly something that they might miss.

As for the hit, what exactly did Rau think he was doing there? It was blindside, well after the play, and way too high. That's just a stupid stupid stupid thing to do. I don't know how NCAA discipline works so I can't speculate on that, but I hope they throw as much of the book at him as possible. There's absolutely no need for that hit in the game.

Old
02-11-2012, 10:49 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Scandella with an assist on the game winning, PPG in a 5-1 Aeros rout of Grand Rapids. He's now 0-2-2 +2 with 3 shots in his 2 games back from injury.

Old
02-11-2012, 12:21 PM
CG5

It'll be up to the WCHA. If he's suspended I think it'll be 2 games max for 1st offense.

Old
02-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!

vCash: 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
**** Rau.
Exactly my thought after seeing that hit.

What the **** did he think he was doing? Just think, he laid a hit like that on someone who was his team mate and team captain just over a month ago at the WJC's. I get that players get wrapped up in the emotion of the game, and maybe Rau was trying to get his team back into the game with a big hit, but that was way un-called for.

Sounds like they are suspending him, but I haven't heard a number of games yet. Disgusting hit.

Old
02-11-2012, 02:37 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

1 game suspension as im sure many of you have heard by now

Old
02-11-2012, 03:59 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

I ****ing hate Rau so much. I wouldn't have even felt bad if Ben Blood did something to end his career in the series in Grand Forks. I hope someone destroys him tonight. What a *****.

Old
02-11-2012, 04:07 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Am I the only one who actually understands Rau? I mean, yes, the hit wasn't the cleanest one of all and yes, one of our best prospects got hurt. But still, when you're competing against another team, you don't look at their numbers nor names, only thing you should care about is the victory. Winning. It doesn't matter whether it's pretty or ugly, only victors shall be remembered. That's why you guys are speaking English instead of Iroquise and that's why I'm speaking Finnish instead of Russian or Swedish. In a similar manner, that's why Boston beat Montreal in 2011 Playoffs, they wanted to win more, no matter what it takes.

Still, I hope speedy recovery for Zucker and I want to see that clown Rau punished. But it's naive and childish to think that being team-mates in national level matters in hockey.

Old
02-11-2012, 04:10 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Am I the only one who actually understands Rau? I mean, yes, the hit wasn't the cleanest one of all and yes, one of our best prospects got hurt. But still, when you're competing against another team, you don't look at their numbers nor names, only thing you should care about is the victory. Winning. It doesn't matter whether it's pretty or ugly, only victors shall be remembered. That's why you guys are speaking English instead of Iroquise and that's why I'm speaking Finnish instead of Russian or Swedish. In a similar manner, that's why Boston beat Montreal in 2011 Playoffs, they wanted to win more, no matter what it takes.

Still, I hope speedy recovery for Zucker and I want to see that clown Rau punished. But it's naive and childish to think that being team-mates in national level matters in hockey.
As squidz said earlier, it was blindside, late and high. He knew who he was hitting too. He was staring at his number long enough before the hit.

Old
02-11-2012, 06:52 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post

No hockey player should ever make that hit, even if it's Bertuzzi or Cooke on the receiving end.

Old
02-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Fel 96
JFC

So, Phillips got headshot'd today. That looked like a dirty hit. Thankfully he's ok.

Will get a video later.

Old
02-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Great game for both Coyle and Phillips today. Too bad, we can only see the fight (last one) in the video and not what started it. (The headshot on Phillips)

Last edited by Fel 96: 02-12-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old
02-13-2012, 08:37 AM
lacrosseguy

Thank you Fel for this peek into a a couple of pieces of the Wild future.
Both looked exactly as advertised, Coyle big strong power forward and Phillips a gifted offensive player(pro- realease on the great feed from Coyle)

Old
02-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I forgot those two are righties. Even more valuable.

Old
02-13-2012, 10:56 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

There's literally never a time I update the stats where Cuma and Fredheim aren't matching points. Weird.

Old
02-13-2012, 11:04 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Didn't Seeler get traded to Des Moines? Has he played any games with them yet?

Old
02-13-2012, 11:06 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Wow, looking at Aeros box scores over the weekend, on Saturday the Aeros had 22 shots. McIntyre and Foucault each accounted for 6, and Ortmeyer put up 4. The rest of the team had 6 shots.

Closed Thread