HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Sabres in Public

Old
01-31-2012, 09:30 AM
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Miro and Ingrid lived next door to one of my former co-workers. She used to gush over how he'd go out and play street hockey with them, was always giving away gear to the kids in the neighborhood and how he was "good people" as a neighbor. Good thing everyone hated him out of town.
I always thought that he would have been fun to meet. He always struck me as a laid back guy with a goofy sense of humor.

I recall him being in the background of a post game interview (or maybe even while being interviewed) yelling "Go Leafs, go!" at the largely leaf-fan crowd after they beat the Leafs in Buffalo. That alone made him ok in my book.

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 10:13 AM
Tracy

On Satan, I took my son to a Sabres open skate and he was wearing a Satan 81 Sabres cap and as Satan was coming off the ice he pointed at my son sitting quietly in his seat and said "do want me to sign that hat for you?".. I thought that was pretty cool.. we didn't have a sharpie so he got one from another fan. Cool dude.

Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 12:54 AM
Nickwojo

Totally forgot about Ric Seiling.. I played hockey with his son, he used to come out in practices and shot on me in net

Nickwojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Clock

Meh, Pronger's list really wasn't bad, but I removed it by request. Don't pile on next time, guys.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Inklings
and you feel shame

Send a message via AIM to Inklings Send a message via Yahoo to Inklings
Any time i see a sports figure i recognize in public i will only say something in passing like "Go Sabres!" or "Nice game last night" if they had played a game the day before. I don't think its right to stop and bother them when they are out in public unless its an event that is meant as a meet and greet.

Speaking of meet and greats, anyone else going to the Ehrhoff signing this Monday at Dave and Adams? Got a ticket for Christmas so i can get my Olympic Team Germany jersey signed. Ich muss erfrischen mein deutschen dieser Wochenende! =)

Inklings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Salzig
I am laudable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
and Jochen's wife reminded me a lot of my paternal grandmother --- very German.
So now I'm curious... What's a German woman like?

I've never met a Sabres... Maybe Tim Kennedy if it counts. I met him during the world cup in 2010, when he was technically still a Sabre. I saw 5 of all 6 American games, even the games in the relegation round, which was pretty cool, because the games started at 12pm and the attendance was very low, so I was usually the only person watching the warm-up. (I was always wearing my Sabres jersey) Nick Foligno gave my little brother a puck during the warm-up. A friend of me worked as a volunteer and so I was able to stand in the "tunnel" before the game and I gave nearly every American player a fist bump (only Jack Johnson ignored me).

I hope this is legit but I can tell a story of my local hockey team. Two years ago, at the season ending ceremony (I was very drunk) I told the other guys how horrible our GM is and stuff like that. He actually stand behind me (I didn't know!) and went on to ask me why I said that. We talked for a bit (I was pretty embarassed, obviously) and managed to concluded peace in the end. It was hard to debate with him, not only because all my friends were laughing, but I was struggling to talk fluently. What a missed opportunity.

Salzig is offline   Reply With Quote