Possible Trade Ideas Take IV...

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2012, 12:19 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

vCash: 500
Just to be consistent...

The only thing this team needs for next season to be massively improved and no one will take us for granted is...

...wait for it...

... A Puck Moving Defenseman...

Kim Johnsson should be working out and ready to make his return to the line up this summer!

Old
01-31-2012, 02:41 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Just to be consistent...

The only thing this team needs for next season to be massively improved and no one will take us for granted is...

...wait for it...

... A Puck Moving Defenseman...

Kim Johnsson should be working out and ready to make his return to the line up this summer!
The only thing that could improve this team more than one puck moving defenseman. . . . .

is TWO puck moving defensemen!!!

Old
01-31-2012, 03:27 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
If we're gonna try to catch a big one this summer, (as tempting as Parise would be), I'm leaning towards Suter/Weber. Weber is RFA, right? Nashville could be in a very sticky situation, and I'd like to help them resolve it. The defense needs at least one stud that can be relied upon. We need to clean house back there anyway.

Old
01-31-2012, 05:58 AM
mpp9

Any chance the Wild would be willing to move Seto to help solidify their blue line next year?

Old
01-31-2012, 06:59 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Any chance the Wild would be willing to move Seto to help solidify their blue line next year?
for the right price

seto for letang

Old
01-31-2012, 08:46 AM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Turn in your fan card.

I mean seriously. If you cant find something to keep your interest with the NHL, you're not a fan.

Plenty of storylines going around the league.

As for Parise...well... who knows if we'll get him or not. All I know is the best thing about possibly coming out of this damned slump were in is that were gonna stop looking bad for potential FAs.
LOL. I wasn't serious.

Old
01-31-2012, 08:47 AM
nickschultzfan

I guess a lot depends on what happens to Lats.

Old
01-31-2012, 08:49 AM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Oh Cee View Post
Speculation is one of the things I hate the most about message boards...I love analysis of things that have already happened/are happening...but speculation is just borderline useless.

Obviously that's what boards are for, so you can have a place to talk about such things but sometimes it gets out of control.
Speculation is 50% of message boards.

Some people are forward looking. Some people are backward looking.

Old
01-31-2012, 09:14 AM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
If we're gonna try to catch a big one this summer, (as tempting as Parise would be), I'm leaning towards Suter/Weber. Weber is RFA, right? Nashville could be in a very sticky situation, and I'd like to help them resolve it. The defense needs at least one stud that can be relied upon. We need to clean house back there anyway.
I have the same feeling. I'd rather go hard after Suter/Weber than Parise. As much as I'd like to see Parise in a Wild uni, having a Suter or Weber on the blueline would be much more valuable to the team in the long run. Suter or Weber could bring some much needed stability to our D-corps.

Old
01-31-2012, 09:33 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

I'm not very excited about the deadline this season. I don't see the Wild making anything but minor moves. I don't really think now is the time to be trading anyway.

Old
01-31-2012, 09:50 AM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man View Post
I'm not very excited about the deadline this season. I don't see the Wild making anything but minor moves. I don't really think now is the time to be trading anyway.
I haven't been excited for a trade deadline since I thought the Wild were going to get O.Jokinen and we ended up with Chris Simon.

Sheppard and Bouchard were just too much to give. Rather go 5 years without a top-6 center beside Koivu.

Old
01-31-2012, 12:24 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Something brewing with Zidlicky?

Ruso

Old
01-31-2012, 12:33 PM
El Nino22

Quote:

Ruso
Well lets hope so for his sake and for the teams. Zids deserves a chance to play on a team where he fits. Clearly that isn't here. Hopefully we can something decent back for him.

Old
01-31-2012, 12:53 PM
se7en
infamous...

Quote:

Ruso
I just came on to post the same thing. I wonder what that means..? It kind of has to be a trade right? There aren't really any other options.. I know I should look this up myself but, What's his Salary, & the amount of years left on his contract? He doesn't have a NTC does he?

Old
01-31-2012, 01:00 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:

Ruso
Interesting he'd say it's "coming to a head" tonight when we're playing Nashville. Some Preds fans had commented a few weeks ago about Poile not wanting Zid to leave when he was still with them, and they sounded like Nashville would be interested in taking him back. They have two players on ELCs on their blue line right now, and might want to beef up a little on that front. To take a blind stab at things:

Zidlicky
Phillips/Zucker

Blum

Edit to clarify: By "beef up" I mean add some more veteran presence. It's also possible they'd want to send Josi back down, not rely upon a 36 year old journeyman in Bouillon, or not want to lean on a 26 year old Jack Hillen. They do have 3 right handed shots in Weber, Ellis, and Klein, so that's probably not related.

Last edited by squidz*: 01-31-2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old
01-31-2012, 01:02 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
I just came on to post the same thing. I wonder what that means..? It kind of has to be a trade right? There aren't really any other options.. I know I should look this up myself but, What's his Salary, & the amount of years left on his contract? He doesn't have a NTC does he?
He has 1 more year at $4MM. His NTC expired 1/1/12

Old
01-31-2012, 01:05 PM
El Nino22

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Interesting he'd say it's "coming to a head" tonight when we're playing Nashville. Some Preds fans had commented a few weeks ago about Poile not wanting Zid to leave when he was still with them, and they sounded like Nashville would be interested in taking him back. They have two players on ELCs on their blue line right now, and might want to beef up a little on that front. To take a blind stab at things:

Zidlicky
Phillips/Zucker

Blum
hmm that would be interesting..i guess we'll have to wait and see.

Also not sure if you guys heard Fletcher on nhl live, but when asked what he is looking for in a trade he said a scoring forward.

Old
01-31-2012, 01:11 PM
se7en
infamous...

Quote:
He has 1 more year at $4MM. His NTC expired 1/1/12
Cool, thanks Squidz!

Old
01-31-2012, 01:15 PM
State of Hockey

Zidlicky can't hold much value. He's been pretty much run into the ground. The best I could hope for would be to just get rid of the contract/headache.

Old
01-31-2012, 01:16 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetCluttered View Post
hmm that would be interesting..i guess we'll have to wait and see.

Also not sure if you guys heard Fletcher on nhl live, but when asked what he is looking for in a trade he said a scoring forward.
I know previous times he's been asked about that, he's said "We're looking for a young, scoring forward, who's under team control. But everyone's looking for that and there's really not many available, so we're not going to force a deal that's not there."

I just don't see any deals that could be made where a Zidlicky is the primary piece that would net us a top-6 forward. Even a rental would need Zidlicky++. I think a deal that involves Zid would have to be a Zid + pick/prospect for prospect or Zid for pick type deal.

Old
01-31-2012, 01:33 PM
se7en
infamous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
Zidlicky can't hold much value. He's been pretty much run into the ground. The best I could hope for would be to just get rid of the contract/headache.
I started a Value of Zidlcky thread in trade rumors. I just started it so there's not too much response yet but at least fans still have a higher value on him then I thought they would.

Old
01-31-2012, 01:45 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
I know previous times he's been asked about that, he's said "We're looking for a young, scoring forward, who's under team control. But everyone's looking for that and there's really not many available, so we're not going to force a deal that's not there."

I just don't see any deals that could be made where a Zidlicky is the primary piece that would net us a top-6 forward. Even a rental would need Zidlicky++. I think a deal that involves Zid would have to be a Zid + pick/prospect for prospect or Zid for pick type deal.
Zidlicky for Geoffrion...

/notsureifserious

Old
01-31-2012, 01:55 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Zidlicky for Geoffrion...

/notsureifserious
If we trade Zid to Nashville, it'll be Zid + forward prospect for defense prospect. Nashville can't afford to lose any potential forward, but have too many "should be on the cusp of the NHL" defense prospects at the moment.

Old
01-31-2012, 01:58 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

I actually wouldn't mind a straight 1 for 1 trade of Zidlicky to the Islanders for Parenteau...

Old
01-31-2012, 02:00 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
I actually wouldn't mind a straight 1 for 1 trade of Zidlicky to the Islanders for Parenteau...
I'd be fine with that if either we can't get just get a pick (I'd prefer future value) or if we make a good effort at re-signing him.

Closed Thread