HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Devils may have to move Parise

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2012, 05:22 PM
ORYX

vCash: 500
Has it not occured to anyone that perhaps they keep and pay Parise, but trade others of lesser impact that can be more easily replaced,,,,,

Old
01-23-2012, 05:22 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
Then give them what they want. I'm still in.
Why not wait until July 1 then?

Old
01-23-2012, 05:23 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Either the Devils sign Parise or he tests the market. Parise, a 28 y/o superstar, could get over $8M AAV on the open market so I doubt he signs with a team who traded for him and which he will hold ties to for only a few months. Buyer beware

Old
01-23-2012, 05:24 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Preds are in the best position to overpay and do NOT require him to be signed. Why? Preds condition (internally) the deal on Suter re-upping on a long term deal in order to spend the farm to get his buddy Parise here as a UFA. If Suter agrees, Preds win even if Parise doesn't re-sign.... plus they up the odds that Parise does re-sign if Suter is here.

Unlike other teams, the Preds would be paying for a signed superstar, albeit not the one they actually are trading for.

Huge package of picks and prospects plus current talent would be available.
I agree that the Preds are the most likely to offer the best trade for Parise. However, I don't think acquiring a UFA Parise would be the tipping point in getting Suter signed. Plus, the friend argument is overplayed. Parise has friends on every team, and has the most friends on the Devils.

That being said, Parise won't be traded.

Spin it around. What about the Devils trading for Suter? It would be debunked because Nashville is in the playoff hunt and Suter is a top player. The exact reasons the Devils are listing for not dealing Parise.

Old
01-23-2012, 05:24 PM
Jerzey Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
Even if parise wants to stay and lou wants to sign him according to the article it doesn't matter. Just brushing it off and saying the post sucks doesn't change the report.
It's not a "report" as in they're "reporting" facts.

And why skip this part?...

Quote:
Billionaire Nelson Peltz, who controls the Wendy’s restaurant chain, is interested in refinancing the team, a source said. A Peltz spokesman declined to comment.
Then they can sign whoever they want.

Old
01-23-2012, 05:25 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oryx View Post
has it not occured to anyone that perhaps they keep and pay parise, but trade others of lesser impact that can be more easily replaced,,,,,
winner!

Old
01-23-2012, 05:25 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
Has it not occured to anyone that perhaps they keep and pay Parise, but trade others of lesser impact that can be more easily replaced,,,,,
I'm not so sure the choice is up to the Devils. If you were Parise would you want to sign a high dollar deal with a team that is on the brink of bankruptcy? How competitive could that team be if they can't dole out $$ for key players in order to stay competitive?

Old
01-23-2012, 05:26 PM
goal1228

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
If all players agree to sign with the team there traded to than
Price ,Subban,Eller for Kovalchuk and Parise.
Trading Kovalchuk will save lots of $

I was just thinking the one player the Devils might move if they are cash strapped is Kovalchuk. I would have to think Montreal or Toronto would want him if they can send back some salary. How about

Gomez, 1st pick plus good prospect for Kovalchuk if reports are true.
Gomez is only owed like 10 million the next 2 years ( with higher cap hit). kovalchuk is owed a ton in real dollars over the next few years ( with a lower cap hit).

Devils of course would never do this unless reports are true

Old
01-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Fraser Read

The days of UFA rentals getting huge returns are coming to an end, he will bring in significantly less then you would think if he is moved. Which is why he won't be.

Old
01-23-2012, 05:27 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
this has doug wilson written all over it......
Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
To Devils:
Antero Niittymaki
Torrey Mitchell

To Sharks:
Zach Parise

hehe, yah, it kind of does.

Best I think we could really offer is something like (and im not 100% clear on Devils needs):

Sexsmith/Stalock (excellent goalies, Stalock NHL ready)
Doherty (our #1 prospect)
SJ 1st 2012

Assuming you don't want any roster players back.

(Not implying im for that, just it does sound like a DW move and that's what you could expect from us)

Old
01-23-2012, 05:29 PM
LordHelmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Eriksson View Post
I was thinking about adding Campbell

How about:

To Dallas:
Parise
Conditional 1st if he does not sign a contract.

To NJ:
Campbell
Fistric
1st in '12
I would take a naked lap around my office building if that happened. Unfortunately, I don't think that's enough for Parise. Either take out the conditional pick or the Stars need to add a prospect.

Although I'd do the deal above in a heartbeat, I don't see a reason for Dallas to give up assets to acquire him now. The Stars aren't exactly in a playoff push situation. I'd rather add him in the offseason as a UFA and use our assets for other stuff..

Old
01-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
If the Devils REALLY wanna kill business and force themselves over the edge and into bankruptcy, they'll trade Kovalchuk for Scott ****ing Gomez.

Old
01-23-2012, 05:32 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Nashville offers:
Anders Lindback (potential franchise goalie)
Jon Blum (potential top pair, most likely solid 2nd pair)
Hornquist (30 goal scorer)
Conditional 1st on a re-sign

for Parise and Hedberg

at worst you get three very good parts under cheap team control for the next few seasons.

Old
01-23-2012, 05:33 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Damon View Post
And I just don't understand the aquisition of Poni. 1 year contract, but why add his salary if things are this bad when they were playing pretty well anyway?
Poni is only making around $1.5 mil for the full season, or around $0.75 mil for half a season, hardly a big money acquisition. The bigger question marks, IMO, are the fact that they gave Kovalchuk a $100 mil, 15 year contract in the 2010 offseason, and Greene a $12 mil, 4 year contract in the 2011 offseason. These are large contracts that I wouldn't expect a team in dire financial straights to hand out.

On the surface, just looking at their debt, their losses, how behind they are on debt payments, and the fact that Chambers appears willing to sell his 47% stake in the team for not much money, you'd think they were in awful financial shape. But with the contracts that Vanderbeek has been handing out, maybe there's more going on than meets the eye.

Old
01-23-2012, 05:34 PM
BobbyShehan

Calm down peeps, it's the NY POST.... In case you didn't know, it is written and read by the same people who compete in "Are you smarter than a fourth grader?"

Old
01-23-2012, 05:34 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
If the Devils REALLY wanna kill business and force themselves over the edge and into bankruptcy, they'll trade Kovalchuk for Scott ****ing Gomez.
Doesn't make sense to trade Kovalchuk now, the Devils have already paid the majority of his contract

Old
01-23-2012, 05:35 PM
LeafsandSharksfan
Cero Miedo

Leafs won't get him

Old
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Christ, move the franchise to a market that can support it. If you have to trade Parise because you can't afford to pay them then you are failing.
Well, as a fan of a team who was told "you should be moved" I think thats a bit premature and harsh. The problem is, the owners apparently knew heading into this year they were having finanical problems, and yet they still carried a 61million dollar payroll. What really needs to be said is, if you dont have the money, dont spend to the freaking cap...

If they knew they were in danger of losing 15-20 million this year the smart(though painful for the fans) thing to do would have been to trade Parise last summer as an RFA for a kings ransom of futures and shaved that loss by 6 million from the get go. And I dont know who else they signed this summer but they could have bit the bullet and run the team with a 50 million dollar payroll and not been in nearly as bad shape. Or for that matter, if they had seen this coming, they could have tried to offload the ultimate salary albatross, Kovalchuk, and been in much better shape for next year as well.

Old
Matt Damon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckaholic19 View Post
The days of UFA rentals getting huge returns are coming to an end, he will bring in significantly less then you would think if he is moved. Which is why he won't be.
Parise is no Hemsky or Ruutu. He's a legit star player that can improve a team dramatically. So IF they decide to trade him, which they likely won't, but if they do the bidding war would be pretty high. I think he could get a substantial return for a rental. Would kill Devils play-off hopes though so I agree they won't be moving him.

Old
01-23-2012, 05:37 PM
Beastman*

He is going to play with his buddy and his agents brother.

Old
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyShehan View Post
Calm down peeps, it's the NY POST.... In case you didn't know, it is written and read by the same people who compete in "Are you smarter than a fourth grader?"
NJ can move other contracts first. When teams have money trouble, usually it's the trash that gets tossed overboard first.

Old
beastly115

Parise won't be moved, brah. Not Lou's M.O. He'd rather lose him for nothin' because he's a badass like that.

Old
01-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterofGrond View Post
That NYPost article, which has exactly 0 solid sources has been getting rewritten and reposted every 2 weeks for months, is drivel.

The articles are consistent and this has been coming ever since the new arena was built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovalSNIPE View Post
Parise won't be moved, he will be signed, and every single little story will be put to rest. No matter the financial struggle, Parise has CLEARLY stated and confirmed he wants to stay in New Jersey for a very long time and Lou has constantly stated that he wants Parise in New Jersey for the rest of his career. Mark Everson wrote the article so obviously he's going to bash the Devils; he's bashed them for years. Instead of being an actual reporter, he sucks Sather's **** on a daily basis and writes everything a Ranger's fan wants to hear. If Phoenix can go this long with ownership struggles and lose money and still sign core, all-star players (Yandle), we can do that with Parise. The Devils will find another person/group to buy Chambers' 47% (the Wendy's owner has been mentioned several times) and we'll be fine. Most non-Canadien teams lose money every year, it's just that since we are in the Tri-state area and social media in NY is through the f***ing roof, our problems get more attention and escalated to such a higher degree than they actually are.

Ridiculous. Everson rarely even writes about the Rangers.

You also know nothing of business. The devils have a mountain of debt by building a pointless new arena that they can't fill for hockey or book for much else. The arena is dead last of the 4 major NYC area arenas and the new Brooklyn arena isn't even open yet. The day you buy 47% of the devils you own 47% of the debt and 47% of the losses. Vanderbeek can't pay the losses so he needs someone that can. So you shake hands with the devil(!) and you're $50 million in the hole before you start. And, you're stuck in Newark!

Maybe Parise goes and maybe he doesn't. But this say of reckoning has been coming since the day they signed that deal. I wrote on another thread yesterday that there are at least ten teams that are in danger of near term bankruptcy and the devils are close to the top of that list.

Old
01-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Hal 9000*

I say Vancouver trades Schneider for Parise, then flips Parise for Weber.

Essentially a 3 way deal

To NJ - Schneider
To Nash - Parise
To Van - Weber

There ya go - everybody's happy

Old
01-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Nose of Sutter

Why wouldn't they try to move Kovalchuck before Parise?

Closed Thread