HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#CBJFanProtest @ Nationwide Arena | Saturday 1.28.2012, 2PM

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2012, 02:09 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 543
I see the Torg has picked up the hashtag. Does anyone listen to his show? I am way out of range for that station, it will be interesting if he mentions it on the radio.

Otherwise, very few have posted under that hashtag so far. It will be interesting to see who walks the walk this Saturday.

Old
01-24-2012, 02:11 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

vCash: 500
I am not going to post my feelings on this but I do ask one thing, please make sure this is not an embarrassment.

Old
01-24-2012, 02:11 PM
v3rs3

Send a message via AIM to v3rs3
I don't know anyone from these boards and mostly just lurk, but if this is happening I'll be out there.

#CBJfanprotest... GOTTA SEE IT LIVE

Old
01-24-2012, 02:12 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
I am not going to post my feelings on this but I do ask one thing, please make sure this is not an embarrassment.
The only thing that could make it an embarrassment is if a riot or a bunch of fights break out.. Which is almost certainly NOT going to happen.

Old
01-24-2012, 02:17 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
The only thing that could make it an embarrassment is if a riot or a bunch of fights break out.. Which is almost certainly NOT going to happen.
I can think of a whole lot of other things that can be embarrassing.

Old
01-24-2012, 02:21 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
I can promise this will be less of an embarrassment than what Howson and Priest have done to this team.

Old
01-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Kev22

Quote:
I can think of a whole lot of other things that can be embarrassing.
Just curious, what are your concerns?

Old
01-24-2012, 02:24 PM
ThisIsMyAlibi
Howson = Herminated

I'm in.

Old
01-24-2012, 02:25 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
I can promise this will be less of an embarrassment than what Howson and Priest have done to this team.
Still not a promise that it will not be an embarrassment. Just because something is less embarrassing then something else does not change the fact that the event was an embarrassment.

Old
01-24-2012, 02:26 PM
kshymkiw

Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
While I commend you guys for taking this action, it really is needed. The general brain trust isn't going to care very much. At the end of the day, even if you protest, those of you who are PSL holders sunk your money into the organization for this year already.

When it comes to large corporations, and lets face it all professional sports teams are essentially corporations, the only way you will get through to them is by protesting with your wallet. John McConnell obviously has very little issues with this team losing 25 million per year, so you need to stop buying tickets, etc.. and make him lose 50+ million a year.

This obviously can have a huge backfire effect to, which could be he sells the team and they relocate. I think this is a great idea, but I doubt very many of the top people will care, especially on all star weekend, when no one is going to be within 200 yards of Nationwide.

Old
01-24-2012, 02:27 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
Just curious, what are your concerns?
That the event will be an embarrassment.

Old
01-24-2012, 02:30 PM
ThisIsMyAlibi
Howson = Herminated

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshymkiw View Post
While I commend you guys for taking this action, it really is needed. The general brain trust isn't going to care very much. At the end of the day, even if you protest, those of you who are PSL holders sunk your money into the organization for this year already.

When it comes to large corporations, and lets face it all professional sports teams are essentially corporations, the only way you will get through to them is by protesting with your wallet. John McConnell obviously has very little issues with this team losing 25 million per year, so you need to stop buying tickets, etc.. and make him lose 50+ million a year.

This obviously can have a huge backfire effect to, which could be he sells the team and they relocate. I think this is a great idea, but I doubt very many of the top people will care, especially on all star weekend, when no one is going to be within 200 yards of Nationwide.
It's gonna get press, that's all we can ask for.

If nothing else, it'll be fun.

Old
01-24-2012, 02:31 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:

Oh noez losing money, AND the fans care? Pack em up boys, Head to Hamilton!

Old
01-24-2012, 02:32 PM
kshymkiw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMyAlibi View Post
It's gonna get press, that's all we can ask for.

If nothing else, it'll be fun.
I wish nothing but the best for you guys honestly. If I was still in Columbus, I would be out there with you. I think when it boils down to it though, the people you want to see it, aren't going to see it, or they are going to see it as "a few hundred angry fans" while they continue to sell 12,000 tickets to every game.

If those ticket sales drop to 5k-7k per game or less, then it becomes obvious to the right people, that the fans are disgruntled in the franchise, and aren't supporting a loser.

Old
01-24-2012, 02:39 PM
wahsnairb

Quote:
I wish nothing but the best for you guys honestly. If I was still in Columbus, I would be out there with you. I think when it boils down to it though, the people you want to see it, aren't going to see it, or they are going to see it as "a few hundred angry fans" while they continue to sell 12,000 tickets to every game.

If those ticket sales drop to 5k-7k per game or less, then it becomes obvious to the right people, that the fans are disgruntled in the franchise, and aren't supporting a loser.
A journey of one thousand miles begins with a single step (or however that saying goes ).

Worst case, we can scout out nice places in arena district where thousands of us can watch the games in the district, but outside the arena (collectively) to show our support without financially enabling this bad organization.

Old
01-24-2012, 02:44 PM
kshymkiw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahsnairb View Post
A journey of one thousand miles begins with a single step (or however that saying goes ).

Worst case, we can scout out nice places in arena district where thousands of us can watch the games in the district, but outside the arena (collectively) to show our support without financially enabling this bad organization.
haha. If the funds were available to me at this point in time, I would do it. That is a long journey though (8 hours of flying).

I would think that would be a great idea. Somehow divert people from buying tickets into going to all the local bars. Show support for the Arena District, but not directly to the team.

Old
01-24-2012, 03:07 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Still not a promise that it will not be an embarrassment. Just because something is less embarrassing then something else does not change the fact that the event was an embarrassment.
Nothing in life is guaranteed, especially when many other individuals with their own free will
are involved. I know I will conduct myself appropriately. I cannot guarantee what others will do.

Old
01-24-2012, 03:23 PM
ThisIsMyAlibi
Howson = Herminated

"What if my friends found out?"

Hahaha

Last edited by ThisIsMyAlibi: 01-24-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old
01-24-2012, 03:39 PM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

Joined the facebook and shared it on my wall.

So, we're making signs? Marching in circles chanting? Standing around looking bored?
Capn, are you the leader of this exercise? We need a plan, or at least some good ideas floated around before Saturday.

Old
01-24-2012, 03:41 PM
ThisIsMyAlibi
Howson = Herminated

Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post

So, we're making signs? Marching in circles chanting? Standing around looking bored?
Capn, are you the leader of this exercise? We need a plan, or at least some good ideas floated around before Saturday.
A man and a mega-phone.

Old
01-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post

I want pictures, names with faces so I can see what the rest of you look like

Old
01-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Crisp Breakout

Can't beat facts... I'm thinking maybe a poster like XX practices were cancelled this year. The night before these cancelled practice the record was X-XX-X.

Or record/attendance when Howson was brought in and it's decline over time...

Point out that Priest has always been around and we've never won a playoff game.

quotes from howson or priest that show their lack of concern could be good...

Old
01-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Someone needs to take this to Facebook.
"Boycott Blue Jackets" does have a page....

The movement is gaining strength, if the media gets a hold of this in the next day or two there should be enough folks at the Arena on Saturday to make a point. I agree about the alcohol, "stay sober my friends" until it's over..

I also think a unified goal is needed, I suggest both Priest and Howson get the ax at the end of the season, I doubt McConnell will do anything before then. It would be nice for Howson to be gone before the trade deadline though if possible.

Last edited by Robert: 01-24-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old
01-24-2012, 04:55 PM
wahsnairb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Glover View Post
I want pictures, names with faces so I can see what the rest of you look like
Brian Shaw in the group on Facebook.. :flirt:

Old
01-24-2012, 04:55 PM
Mansfield
possession obsession