HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roy says tank baby!!

Old
01-24-2012, 12:00 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
He's not advocating that the Canadiens should tank, he's boosting his own player Grigorenko and saying that if the Canadiens continue to struggle and have the opportunity, they should take Grigorenko.

In any case, I'm against "tanking" and would be against Roy if he suggested any talks of "tanking".
Nailed it

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/333944.html

Roy said:

If you are going to go down, may as well go as low as possible and draft a player of the calibre of Grigorenko!

I for one am in agreement with him....
Coming from the coach that first coached Grigorenko himself in North America... I'm sure he'd rather trade Kostitsyn to land Radulov to us.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
First, Roy talks as an outsider. That's who he is right now. People should undertand that once put in a different position, people adapt and react differently. Oh and to put Roy and loser in the same sentence, that's pretty funny....Who's to say that the guy you draft will ever make the NHL? 'Cause stats shows that top 5 players do. We are not interesting to watch losing seasons are we? No. We preferred dissapointing seasons and rinse and repeat for the past 18 years now. Much better.
remember wickenisser ( check spelling ) you can easy take the wrong guy in the draft

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

1. Acquire Radulov
2. Acquire Grigorenko
3. Acquire Patrick Roy

Profit.|

(Curse of St-Patrick then removed)

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:12 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Roy for king !

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:15 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Oh Patrick... you always seem to find a way to get the fans riled up. I still think he's messing with the media and that he's waiting for a Nords job.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:19 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

I see one thing reading this interview: Roy is head over heels for Grigorenko, not only because of his success on the ice but also for his attitude off ice. He knows this is the kind of player Montreal needs. And it's not like he is part of the Habs organization. If he was, he wouldn't even mention the word tanking.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:19 PM
haburger

lol.pat roy eh?as if he knows anything about running an nhl team in 2012.this aint the 90's.and anyone who even thinks about tanking is a quitter.pure and simple.

haburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:20 PM
7th Player

Master plan:

Get Roy in the organisation. Draft Grigorenko and trade for Radulov.

7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Habs

With our luck there will be a lockout, and they will do a draft lottery putting us at the number 4 pick, while Pittsburgh, Philly and Toronto manage to get some miracle numbers.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:27 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
How would you propose this as GM exactly? "Please lose tonight, the other team needs to pass us in the standings." Words of a great GM. What stupidity.
Actually it's a lot simpler than that.

Moen dealt for 2nd
Gill dealt for 3rd
Campoli dealt for 6th
St-Denis brought up

Our team will be hideous without Moen. Our PK will get worse cause of Gill leaving and it's the one thing winning us games. Campoli is a non-factor, St-Denis is a 50/50, he could actually help win games but if given too much ice time could also lose them.

Basically as GM you put the coach in a position to fail and stock up on picks in the process. He doesn't necessarily even have to say much.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:29 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

He's just being selfish... he wants Grigorenko back with Quebec and he knows Habs never graduate 18 yo.

Old
01-24-2012, 12:33 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
He's just being selfish... he wants Grigorenko back with Quebec and he knows Habs never graduate 18 yo.
... Unless he knows that the Nordiques will be back next season (the Coyotes) and he will be their GM/COACH (?) !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Ellervated

I really believe that Montreal could thrive under Roy as either GM or HC. The man has balls and a very strong "I don't give a **** what you have to say about me" factor. I believe it would command a lot of respect from the players because he is Patrick fkn Roy and he won't take **** from anybody. I see him speaking his mind and standing up to anyone that has anything to say about it, and that is really what Montreal needs. We need a strong aggressive figure as the face of the organization, Brian Burke style. Someone who's not afraid to stand up and say what needs to be said and stand up for his players.

Ellervated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:44 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellervated View Post
I really believe that Montreal could thrive under Roy as either GM or HC. The man has balls and a very strong "I don't give a **** what you have to say about me" factor. I believe it would command a lot of respect from the players because he is Patrick fkn Roy and he won't take **** from anybody. I see him speaking his mind and standing up to anyone that has anything to say about it, and that is really what Montreal needs. We need a strong aggressive figure as the face of the organization, Brian Burke style. Someone who's not afraid to stand up and say what needs to be said and stand up for his players.
Yes. We need a Burke/Neely type of guy around.

Old
01-24-2012, 12:45 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
I see one thing reading this interview: Roy is head over heels for Grigorenko, not only because of his success on the ice but also for his attitude off ice. He knows this is the kind of player Montreal needs. And it's not like he is part of the Habs organization. If he was, he wouldn't even mention the word tanking.
You know what?

You nailed it. You converted me. Roy knows the kid, he knows how good he can become, and what kind of attitude he's got.

Having Roy as a coach over this young star would be so badass. They know each other.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 12:49 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
You know what?

You nailed it. You converted me. Roy knows the kid, he knows how good he can become, and what kind of attitude he's got.

Having Roy as a coach over this young star would be so badass. They know each other.
And we can signed Esposito, too...

And trade A.K. for Radulov.

Old
01-24-2012, 01:00 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
I'm all for roy being coach or gm but if tanking is his message to the team, he can stay the **** where he is....never never tank, it's a message that says " it's ok to lose" think that way and you will be a loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's to say the guy you draft will ever make the nhl, where will the team be then, oh, i forgot, lets tank again and again....look!! look !! i see empty seats at the bell center. Not the lease bet interested in watching losing seasons and i'm sure a lot of fans would say the same thing. It's been going on for the better part of 2 decades now....We already watched the gainey 5 yr plan, down hill since that started.

Time to win one should be the message to the players and most important, to the fans !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thers is no quick fix- and empty seats are still bought up its sold out-
roy is right if your not making the playoffs why not go for a gorenko
the less occupied seast the better- maybe Moslsons will get it through there fat heads that change is wanted and that doesnt mean just jugling the same stiffs out there with teh same ideas

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:01 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Damn
we need to hire Roy as a GM RIGHT NOW, before PG makes a panic move or before we get the 8th seed

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Damn
we need to hire Roy as a GM RIGHT NOW, before PG makes a panic move or before we get the 8th seed
Yeah cause a GM saying in the papers taht he is tanking for a #1 or #2 pick would be a good thing.

If Roy was GM and he said that on the record he'd lose his 1st pick and be facing massive fines.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:11 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Yeah cause a GM saying in the papers taht he is tanking for a #1 or #2 pick would be a good thing.

If Roy was GM and he said that on the record he'd lose his 1st pick and be facing massive fines.
if this and if that - he isnt GM- ifs mean nothing and he didnt say that- what a queen of drama

Old
01-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Sargent Pepper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
I'm not 100% clear on his message:

If he's saying the writing's on the wall, I agree.

If he's saying that we should deliberately lose, I disagree.

If he's saying that we should sell and fill the bank with picks and prospects, and that incidentally results in a better draft pick, I agree.
I am confident the 3rd option you presented is what he has in mind.....

Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Teufelsdreck

Patrick Roy reminds me of Newt Gingrich...self-serving to the end.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:16 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
You know what?

I just think that people don't realize how much Roy likes Grigorenko.

Grigorenko looks like a fast learner and seems to get used to new places quite easily. When he arrived in Quebec, he couldn't speak a word of english. 3 weeks after his arrival, he was able to make an english interview without his translator. I've chatted with him recently and if you speak slowly, he understands everything and he'll answer with complete sentences. That is very unusual for a Russian because english is hard to learn for them.

He's always in the gym, trying to get stronger. Roy mentionned he was the first Remparts import to gladly go in the gym every day and he always asks for more.

Not only does he have the talent, but he also has the desire and the work ethic to be a great NHL player.

People are pissed because Roy says the Habs should tank? Get over it. He's right. This team is going nowhere. They should at least make the most of it and get a franchise center along the way...

Old
01-24-2012, 01:16 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Patrick Roy reminds me of Newt Gingrich...self-serving to the end.
yep almost twins for Gods sake! LOL- thast very funny