HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Amerks at Ads(In Nashvegas) 10-16

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-17-2004, 03:34 PM
  #26
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 30,880
vCash: 500
i was just reminded why i don't bother with the milwaukee messageboard very often. the only thing milwaukee fans could do about the game is gripe that it was in nashville and moan about the fact that there's a possibility of another game being there, later in the season.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
10-17-2004, 05:14 PM
  #27
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 30,880
vCash: 500
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Good article about last night's game

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
10-17-2004, 09:46 PM
  #28
crossxcheck
Registered User
 
crossxcheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashvegas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
i was just reminded why i don't bother with the milwaukee messageboard very often. the only thing milwaukee fans could do about the game is gripe that it was in nashville and moan about the fact that there's a possibility of another game being there, later in the season.
they should be glad their ads got to win in front of 10,000 screaming nashvillians!

crossxcheck is offline  
Old
10-18-2004, 11:15 AM
  #29
Eriks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Racine, WI
Posts: 143
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Eriks Send a message via AIM to Eriks Send a message via MSN to Eriks Send a message via Yahoo to Eriks
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
i was just reminded why i don't bother with the milwaukee messageboard very often. the only thing milwaukee fans could do about the game is gripe that it was in nashville and moan about the fact that there's a possibility of another game being there, later in the season.

I can understand why they feel this way to a point. They fear that the team isn't going t be around much longer, new ownership or not. They are greedy for every game they get. Also, unless you live in the arc that Joy 1340 can be heard in, you can't follow the games in Nashville very well because of the pathetic quality of Sportsjuice. Most Admirals fans are fans of the team first, and could in many cases, give two bits about the parent club. Until we won the cup last year, I would say 90% of the people I know up here thought very ill of the Preds, and especially one D.Poile. Last season changed some of that, due to the fact that I think even they saw how hard Poile and Shero worked to help make Milwaukee a better team.

Minor League hockey fans are a slightly different breed, and many of the fans bemoan the days of our independence in the IHL, when we didn't have to worry about call ups and trades of fan favorites at crucial times in the season. In some of their minds the parent club in an affiliate situation becomes "the enemy" rather than a friend, because the decisions made on the teams behalf are not the ones the fans wuold like to see. It's a part of the game, but that doesn't mean they have to like it.

That being said: I disagree with this view, since I make a number of trips south a year (this year not included it appears). I actively support the affiliation, and without it I'd have nothing to write about. However, I do understand their thinking. Also remember, that a number of the fans up here (like me currently) can't afford the expense of the trip south to watch their home team play. And despite the games not played here, their season ticket prices didn't go down. While the cost of AHL Season tickets might pale compared to the comparable NHL Season tickets, you do need to keep in mind the relative cost of living involved in Milwaukee, Taxconsin. I hear Wisconsin wants to introduce a tax on paying taxes. And with the price of gas right now at about $2.10 for the cheap crud, the cost of running south is at an all-time high. I remember when I looked foward to driving to Nashvegas for the $.99 gas.

Eriks is offline  
Old
10-18-2004, 11:26 AM
  #30
crossxcheck
Registered User
 
crossxcheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashvegas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriks
I can understand why they feel this way to a point. They fear that the team isn't going t be around much longer, new ownership or not. They are greedy for every game they get. Also, unless you live in the arc that Joy 1340 can be heard in, you can't follow the games in Nashville very well because of the pathetic quality of Sportsjuice. Most Admirals fans are fans of the team first, and could in many cases, give two bits about the parent club. Until we won the cup last year, I would say 90% of the people I know up here thought very ill of the Preds, and especially one D.Poile. Last season changed some of that, due to the fact that I think even they saw how hard Poile and Shero worked to help make Milwaukee a better team.

Minor League hockey fans are a slightly different breed, and many of the fans bemoan the days of our independence in the IHL, when we didn't have to worry about call ups and trades of fan favorites at crucial times in the season. In some of their minds the parent club in an affiliate situation becomes "the enemy" rather than a friend, because the decisions made on the teams behalf are not the ones the fans wuold like to see. It's a part of the game, but that doesn't mean they have to like it.

That being said: I disagree with this view, since I make a number of trips south a year (this year not included it appears). I actively support the affiliation, and without it I'd have nothing to write about. However, I do understand their thinking. Also remember, that a number of the fans up here (like me currently) can't afford the expense of the trip south to watch their home team play. And despite the games not played here, their season ticket prices didn't go down. While the cost of AHL Season tickets might pale compared to the comparable NHL Season tickets, you do need to keep in mind the relative cost of living involved in Milwaukee, Taxconsin. I hear Wisconsin wants to introduce a tax on paying taxes. And with the price of gas right now at about $2.10 for the cheap crud, the cost of running south is at an all-time high. I remember when I looked foward to driving to Nashvegas for the $.99 gas.

I was actually wondering if the season ticket holders would have a reduced price or a refund due to game(s) in nashville. I understand being upset about that. I think had it been nashville playing in milwaukee and I wasn't getting a refund, that I'd be pissed too. However, one thing the ads fans should acknowledge is that without the predators affiliation that they'd be minus such players as hutchinson, shishkanov, upshall, segal, pivko, klein, suter, finley, tootoo, hamhuis, and possibly gamache. I'm not trying to say the ads wouldn't exist without the preds, but we're both here to help each other. That being said....I just bought my tickets for the 2/10 and 2/12 games in milwaukee and 2/11 game in chicago!

P.S. thank heavens we aren't taxed too too badly in TN. the sales tax is 9.75% in some places, but still.


Last edited by crossxcheck: 10-18-2004 at 11:32 AM.
crossxcheck is offline  
Old
10-18-2004, 11:28 AM
  #31
crossxcheck
Registered User
 
crossxcheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashvegas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Also: eriks...any word on pivko????

crossxcheck is offline  
Old
10-20-2004, 03:48 AM
  #32
sparkle twin
Curse strikes again!
 
sparkle twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,857
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Just want to say I pretty much agree with everything...almost.

-Loved Gamache! Definitely deserves a chance here, soon! He had a great game. Lots of energy. Him and Shish were great. Shish was bigger than I thought he was. I was really impressed with him. Size, offense, and fairly defensively aware. Those are things that will get him here sooner rather than later. Those 2 were all over the ice.

-I like the bigger blue lines and the offsides. I'm not sold on automatic icing. Sometimes it's ok, like if it's obvious no one is going to get to the puck. And I know it's good for preventing injuries. But at the same time, there are a few times when someone getting there can create a good scoring chance for their team.
-And I kinda like the new goalie rule. The boxes behind the net are set up so the goalie can still come out and play pucks that go behind the net like Vokoun does. It just prevents him from going into the corners (and then fighting Iginla..lol).

-I liked Tootoo. He could use more work on his offense sure, but I like that he did pass up hits to be in position to create scoring. But he didn't disappoint with the hits he did give out!

-It said in the paper the other day that Upshall was up to 198 lbs. Hmm. Maybe he just has a small frame, but he doesn't really look it (He looks a a little bigger). I didn't think he was bad, but I just thought he didn't get many chances. Rochester seemed to be going after him a bit. It seemed like his line was stuck in their own zone a lot of the time. Although, he was able to draw an extra penalty by not dropping his gloves after the Rochester player did (I think we scored a PPG there).

-Hamhuis looked good. I thought he made some great plays that he wouldn't have made had it not been for the NHL time. And I thought on the one PP, Hammer really used that bigger blue line to keep the puck in on a diving effort. I tried to watch Suter/Klein. I noticed a few good plays by both but nothing really stood out. I guess that's good though. But I can see where that with more time to adjust to the pro game, they will be good.

-Was Segal scratched? I thought he came out on the ice during the introductions but I never saw him in the game. (I probably just missed it, I was talking and watching the Rochester players just stand by their bench, looking bored, and wait to come on the ice during the intros.)

-Man did Rochester have some HUGE guys! Gaustad, Botterill were huge.

-And I just have to say how great my seats were! 2nd row behind Rochester's bench! (behind Mil. would have been better, but I am not complaining!) And as Predator fans, we rock. 10,000 people for AHL!!! Who says hockey can't work in Nashville?!

Quote:
Any Scraps for Yablonski?
He was scratched.

Quote:
One thing I will say - Everyone saw the first period games right??? right???? The Dash for Cash? Well I was on the ice
congrats on the cash! That was great. They should do that more often. And the dodgeball with the mascots was funny, too.

sparkle twin is offline  
Old
10-20-2004, 07:09 AM
  #33
crossxcheck
Registered User
 
crossxcheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashvegas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303
-Was Segal scratched? I thought he came out on the ice during the introductions but I never saw him in the game. (I probably just missed it, I was talking and watching the Rochester players just stand by their bench, looking bored, and wait to come on the ice during the intros.)
If I recall segal came out to the bench in street clothes and a jersey and they announced that he was an integral part of last year's team, but would not be suiting up for the game that night.

crossxcheck is offline  
Old
10-21-2004, 03:15 AM
  #34
sparkle twin
Curse strikes again!
 
sparkle twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,857
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
oh. I was hoping to watch him play, but could never find him, i guess that's why. I thought I had seen him skate out on the ice, but I guess that was someone else.

If he's such an integral part, why has he been scratched? Unless he has some kind of injury, that seems a bit odd.

sparkle twin is offline  
Old
10-21-2004, 07:27 AM
  #35
crossxcheck
Registered User
 
crossxcheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashvegas
Country: United States
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303
oh. I was hoping to watch him play, but could never find him, i guess that's why. I thought I had seen him skate out on the ice, but I guess that was someone else.

If he's such an integral part, why has he been scratched? Unless he has some kind of injury, that seems a bit odd.
he sure wasn't scratched last night I'm starting to get excited about segal. hartnell part II??

crossxcheck is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.