HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Koivu will sign with...

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2004, 11:50 AM
Gainey RULZ

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Gainey RULZ
Koivu will sign with...

Turku or Switzerland.

According to rds.ca

Quote:
Koivu quittera pour l'Europe avant le premier match de la Caravane
Quote:
"J'ai reçu des offres de la part de deux équipes suédoises, quelques équipes suisses et une de Turku. Il y a aussi d'autres options que je veux étudier. Je déciderai où j'irai jouer d'ici deux à trois semaines. Mais, ce sera chez moi à Turku ou avec une formation suisse."
- Koivu receives offers from Turku (Finland) and from two teams from Switzerland
- Koivu will play with Turku or Switzerland during the next 2-3 weeks and before the first game of La Caravane

Old
10-16-2004, 05:04 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gainey RULZ
Turku or Switzerland.

According to rds.ca

- Koivu receives offers from Turku (Finland) and from two teams from Switzerland
- Koivu will play with Turku or Switzerland during the next 2-3 weeks and before the first game of La Caravane

Is Petrov still in the swiss league? It would be kinda neat if oleg and saku hook up again on the same team.

Old
10-16-2004, 05:13 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
Is Petrov still in the swiss league? It would be kinda neat if oleg and saku hook up again on the same team.
Yes he is. Imagine Koivu on Davos? Thornton and Koivu down the middle..

Old
10-16-2004, 05:17 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bruins19
Yes he is. Imagine Koivu on Davos? Thornton and Koivu down the middle..
that would be kinda strange I think. I just cant imagine koivu and thornton on the same team....... I don't even want to imagine that

A bruin captain and a hab captian playing on the same team? I know its not haloween yet but I'm freaking out already

Old
10-16-2004, 05:57 PM
stv11
Global Moderator

Koivu won't play in Switzerland as all the teams who were looking for NHLers hired one last week. He was rumored to sign with Lugano (they finally hired Tanguay), Langnau (hired Connolly) and Lausanne (they finally decided not to sign an NHL player), but never with Davos.

Oleg Petrov plays for Zug with Niko Kapanen.

By the way, I think Saku is better resting at home instead of taking a chance to get injured.

Old
10-16-2004, 06:07 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11
Koivu won't play in Switzerland as all the teams who were looking for NHLers hired one last week. He was rumored to sign with Lugano (they finally hired Tanguay), Langnau (hired Connolly) and Lausanne (they finally decided not to sign an NHL player), but never with Davos.

Oleg Petrov plays for Zug with Niko Kapanen.

By the way, I think Saku is better resting at home instead of taking a chance to get injured.
Saku must play. He has to stay in game shape. If the NHL resumes and he doesn't have the timing, it could take him just as long to ge the timing back as it would to recover from an injury.

Timing is a huge part of Saku's game and it doesn't come back like a flip of the switch.

Old
10-16-2004, 06:30 PM
stv11
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
Saku must play. He has to stay in game shape. If the NHL resumes and he doesn't have the timing, it could take him just as long to ge the timing back as it would to recover from an injury.

Timing is a huge part of Saku's game and it doesn't come back like a flip of the switch.
You're probably right, but I'm really afraid to see him getting injured. Listening to Habs playoff games at 3am wouldn't be the same if he's not playing

Closed Thread