HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

GDT: River Rats @ Sound Tigers 10/16/04

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2004, 09:42 PM
c-carp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
Man that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.
As a Blues fan it is one I shudder when I hear. That kid had a lot of talent but fell of the face of the earth for whatever reason.

Old
10-16-2004, 09:43 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise = The Future
Janssen picked up a ten minute game misconduct right at the end. Not sure what he did though.
How did the announcers say he did in his earlier bout with Robinson.

Old
10-16-2004, 11:01 PM
rtafts

Send a message via MSN to rtafts
Is it even possible to put Martin on the team?

Old
10-16-2004, 11:10 PM
tbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
I figured this may happen. I don't see the point in changing a winning goaltender from game to game. You got to go with the hot hand and Ahonen did get them their win yesterday.
Its early in the season, them both need to play. Its a little early to give one guy the number one job.

Old
10-16-2004, 11:12 PM
tbr

Quote:
Ftorek needs to changeup our penalty killers. Bobby Allen has been out there for every PP goal against and Foster has been out there for 2 of 3.
Clemmensen has been out there for all of them. Its just the second game.

Old
10-16-2004, 11:14 PM
tbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
Who says a PP quarterback is what we need. Redlihs is good enough to quarterback a PP. You could also use a forward like Parise/Foster.
McAmmond was playing the point of Suglobov's unit. Foster also was on the point on the other PP

Old
10-16-2004, 11:21 PM
tbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnow2000
Just got back from the game. Had to leave with 5 minutes left......daughter sprained her ankle on the stairs !

Very stupid penalties !!
Tigers goalie was very good.
Rats D was poor.
rats need PP qb.
Parise looks small. Nice assist on goal.
Clemenson looked average. beaten on open look from point on 3rd goal.

Suglobov- can play. Nice move between tiger def. legs.
Foster- showed some fire.hustled
Voros- big boy...looked like he belongs.
Pikkarainen-goal from Parise pass-open net
Clouthier- fought Godard. I thought that he won the fight
Janssen- Fight early, then I hear he fought after I left.
Rheaume- nothing
McAmmond-nothing

Hale worked hard......was taken out at the knees by a cheap shot. Fought smaller guy to a draw...lost his balance.

Overall i was disappointed by the defence. goalie.
Don't know if Ican totally agree with your assesment. Rats only took 6 penalties to BPorts 10. Bport 3-6 Rats 0-10. Seems like they don't like to shoot the puck on the PP. They pass it around until Suglobov takes a shot off the half boards. Clemmensen did look very average. Bport looked to have the fresher legs, which makes sense since the Rats played last night. Should be a good game on Wed. I was impressed with Parise although Mapletoft beat him on the draws all night long.

Old
10-17-2004, 01:04 AM
Niedermayer21

I see Parise eventually playing the point, a la Doug Gilmour. In fact, I think Zach will develop into a Gilmour-type of forward, but a little less chippy and a better goal scorer. If he is the next "Killer" we will have a great player for a long time. Gilmour won a Cup with Calgary if I am not mistaken. He was a special player. If Zach can set up Pikkarainen for an open net goal, he is well on his way. Give him a few weeks before he is among the Top Ten in points in the AHL. Could even lead the league by mid-season if they put him with Suglobov.

BTW, Paul Martin is ineligible to play in the AHL unless you want to try to slip him through waivers, which is the only way he can play for Albany. There must be a freeze on transactions during the lockout anyway. Martin would never make it through waivers so don't even think about it. Too bad we don't still have Ray Giroux. Put Parise on the point and let him QB the PP.

Matt DeMarchi took some awful penalties in college. He has to learn discipline. Matt is a little like Colin White was and still is at times.

Old
10-17-2004, 11:31 AM
Tom Liodice

Send a message via AIM to Tom Liodice
Quote:
I was looking at Sean Bergenheim's stats and saw 7 GP for 2004. Thought that looked odd. Must have been for 2003-2004. Figured the top stats were for the playoffs on first glance.
It's for the 2004 Calder Cup Playoffs. Bergenheim came back from Finland to play in the AHL Playoffs, so that's why it lists 7 GP for him. Should be 2003-2004 though on wherever you looked

Old
10-17-2004, 11:41 AM
ddnow2000

As far as penalties go, the score was 2-1 then two dumb penalies later it was 4-1.....game over.
Bport did have the fresher legs !

Old
10-17-2004, 01:02 PM
Defence first

vCash:
"BTW, Paul Martin is ineligible to play in the AHL unless you want to try to slip him through waivers, which is the only way he can play for Albany. There must be a freeze on transactions during the lockout anyway. Martin would never make it through waivers so don't even think about it. Too bad we don't still have Ray Giroux. Put Parise on the point and let him QB the PP. "

How is that. Any player on thier entry level contract DOES NOT have to pass through waviers to go to the minors, so i was told. if you are right that means spezza, upshall, hortan, bowemeester, fleury, alot of the others had to pass through waviers too. And i can't see even one of those players getting through.

Old
10-17-2004, 01:18 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defence first
"BTW, Paul Martin is ineligible to play in the AHL unless you want to try to slip him through waivers, which is the only way he can play for Albany. There must be a freeze on transactions during the lockout anyway. Martin would never make it through waivers so don't even think about it. Too bad we don't still have Ray Giroux. Put Parise on the point and let him QB the PP. "

How is that. Any player on thier entry level contract DOES NOT have to pass through waviers to go to the minors, so i was told. if you are right that means spezza, upshall, hortan, bowemeester, fleury, alot of the others had to pass through waviers too. And i can't see even one of those players getting through.
That's a good question... how can Bouwmeester be in the AHL if Martin can't be?

Old
10-17-2004, 01:32 PM
ratsgirl
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Star_Devil
That's a good question... how can Bouwmeester be in the AHL if Martin can't be?
for the same reason pitkanen can--age.

http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php...2&postcount=28

Old
10-20-2004, 04:40 PM
ddnow2000

He fought well !
I don't know how it started, but he did a good job on Robinson.

Closed Thread