HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl- stl

Old
01-25-2012, 10:22 AM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
And all i'm saying that the Habs will not trade Pleks for a hit or miss 5'10 center prospect who we can't even slot in on our team.
On your last line is that a promise.
Tomas Plekanec
Center
Born Oct 31 1982 -- Kladno, Czech Rep.
Height 5.10 -- Weight 189 -- Shoots L

Jaden Schwartz
Forward (my note: plays left wing in college)
Born Jun 25 1992 -- Wilcox, SASK
Height 5.10 -- Weight 193 -- Shoots L

Schwartz is bigger. He's also considered on of the best prospects out of the NHL. Ranked 17th in the country by HF, seen him higher in other lists. There is no Canadiens on that list for what it's worth.

bluesfan94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 10:23 AM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
It's not a forever contract as someone said above. The original deal was 6 years $30 million. After this year, there's 4 years left on the deal.

Tomas is one of the best two-way centers in the league. There are few that can put up the points and goals he does, and play as soundly defensively. He eats up huge minutes on one of the best PK units in the league.

His numbers are down a tad this year because he was dragging Cammalleri's sulking ass around for 30 games. He's legitimately a 60 plus point player on a team that preaches defense first. Allowed free reign, I see him getting more.

I'd like to see him better in the face off circle, but that's my only real gripe.

The contract might be marginally high, but only to offset the taxes in Quebec. He's legitimately a $4.5 million player.

Given the organization's apparent desire to get bigger, I don't see Schwartz or Rattie being players on their radar. Perhaps if it were a total gut and rebuild, but it won't be and doesn't need to be.

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 10:24 AM
BLNY

Send a message via MSN to BLNY Send a message via Yahoo to BLNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
Tomas Plekanec
Center

Jaden Schwartz

Schwartz is bigger. He's also considered on of the best prospects out of the NHL. Ranked 17th in the country by HF, seen him higher in other lists. There is no Canadiens on that list for what it's worth.
Plekanec plays closer to 200lbs. End of season, he might have dropped to 193.

BLNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 10:26 AM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNY View Post
It's not a forever contract as someone said above. The original deal was 6 years $30 million. After this year, there's 4 years left on the deal.

Tomas is one of the best two-way centers in the league. There are few that can put up the points and goals he does, and play as soundly defensively. He eats up huge minutes on one of the best PK units in the league.

His numbers are down a tad this year because he was dragging Cammalleri's sulking ass around for 30 games. He's legitimately a 60 plus point player on a team that preaches defense first. Allowed free reign, I see him getting more.

I'd like to see him better in the face off circle, but that's my only real gripe.

The contract might be marginally high, but only to offset the taxes in Quebec. He's legitimately a $4.5 million player.

Given the organization's apparent desire to get bigger, I don't see Schwartz or Rattie being players on their radar. Perhaps if it were a total gut and rebuild, but it won't be and doesn't need to be.
He may only be a $4.5 million player because of taxes, but either way, he'll be a $5 million player here. We already have our Plekanec in Backes, and we preach defense first, here, too.

Old
01-25-2012, 10:39 AM
ginovegas

Schwartz is to small. throw in Stewart instead and we may be willing to start talking

Last edited by ginovegas: 01-26-2012 at 12:03 AM.
ginovegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 10:42 AM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginovegas View Post
Schwartz is to small. throw in Steart instead and we may be willing to start talking
While I'd wouldn't be opposed to that trade, saying Schwartz is too small in reference to Plekanec is just silly.

Old
01-25-2012, 10:49 AM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

No thanks, I'd rather keep Schwartz. I'm sure Montreal declines as well. All in all, not a very good proposal, and we should really cut down on the Stl-Mtl trades.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Blues0307

Blues and Habs aren't good trade partners. I don't like the original trade. Schwartz is highly valued in St. Louis, so I'd rather keep him. Rattie, I'd be willing to package in the right deal though.

Last edited by Chalupa Batman: 01-25-2012 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Flaming
Blues0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Pass from Habs POV. I really like Schwartz but am a little lukewarm on Rattie thus far (with minimal TV viewing only), but it's really not about them. Don't offer me any prospects for Plekanec... the Habs need him, he's a core player, signed to a fair longterm deal for what he does, not a player I'd move for pure futures.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 03:16 PM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNY View Post

Make excuses all you like, but he didn't hit 60 last year, and he probably won't hit 60 this year. Everyone has their circumstances, and he sure as hell wouldn't get free reign on the Blues.

He's also good defensively, but Backes is better in every way and is only being paid 4.5 on the Blues. Taxes in Quebec are irrelevant to this discusion. The bottom line is that if he came to the Blues, he'd have a no-trade clause, would be the highest paid player, and during his "not forever" contract, the Blues would have to re-sign most of their core.

The Blues (especially their scoring line forwards) are so good defensively that this is just not the way to spend their prospects, payroll, and capspace.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 04:17 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues0307 View Post
The Habs have a great fanbase except for this topdog guy, who is as ignorant as they come. Why post about topics/teams you know nothing about?

Blues and Habs aren't good trade partners. I don't like the original trade. Schwartz is highly valued in St. Louis, so I'd rather keep him. Rattie, I'd be willing to package in the right deal though.
Sure i know nothing but every Hab fan in this thread has flatly said no to the proposal.Guess we all know nothing.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 04:59 PM
habs09

Quote:
While I'd wouldn't be opposed to that trade, saying Schwartz is too small in reference to Plekanec is just silly.
wats so hard for you blues fan to understand if we trade pleckanec wer not lookin for a prospect or player of the same size the fact tht hes small is one of the only reasons wer considering trading pleckanec so if u dont wanna trade shwartz to us dont trade him bc we dont really want him

habs09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs09 View Post
wats so hard for you blues fan to understand if we trade pleckanec wer not lookin for a prospect or player of the same size the fact tht hes small is one of the only reasons wer considering trading pleckanec so if u dont wanna trade shwartz to us dont trade him bc we dont really want him
Fair enough. No deal from both sides. Close the thread.

Please no more STL/MTL threads. The teams don't match well and the fanbases don't seem to be able to get along either.

Dolph Ziggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 06:08 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
Blues already have Backes who is much better than Pleanec and if Schwartz is hit or miss, I wonder what all the Habs prospects are because he's better than any of the ones currently in your system.

im not so sure about that.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
Tomas Plekanec
Center

Jaden Schwartz

Plekanec is actually 5'11 and about 200 pounds.

I'm definitely surprised Schwartz is 5'10 though. He looked so small at the WJC. When he was playing alongside Gallagher, he only looked about an inch or two taller.

Here it says 5'9 which sounds closer to my observations.

Anyhow, I love Schwartz. I thought he was fantastic in the WJC pre-games, and was a bit disappointed about his play as the tourney went on. But I have no doubt he has the skills, two-way abilities and and character to one day have an impact at the NHL level.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
im not so sure about that.
Maybe not "much", but definitely better. No doubt in my mind.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:23 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
How about Bealieu and Kristo for Sobotka?
Is this a joke?

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:27 PM
stlblues9

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
Is this a joke?
Yes it is, read the rest of the first page.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:08 AM
ginovegas

Plekanek is 5'11" and 200 lbs

but no matter, if Plekanec would be moved it would be for a bigger player with similar skills. Not one the same size or smaller

there is a new rule in the Habs organization
as of next draft they will be bringing a tape measure
anything under 6 feet doesn't make the cut

with Desharnais, Gallagher and Diaz as part of the future mix we dont need anymore

and of course we still have Gomez and Gionta to deal with

Last edited by ginovegas: 01-26-2012 at 12:15 AM.
ginovegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:35 AM
Beastman*

The Blues shouldn't trade for the overpaid Petr Cajanek.

Beastman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 05:21 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
Maybe not "much", but definitely better. No doubt in my mind.

based on age and size I would take Backes over pleks too but go have a look at thier numbers...Almost indentical....

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote