HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Specific Glove Recomendation (S19/EQ50)

Old
01-24-2012, 12:06 AM
Nothing As It Seems
I only own my mind..

vCash: 500
Specific Glove Recomendation (S19/EQ50)

I'm going to pick up new gloves soon and I'm really torn between the Easton S19 v2 and the Easton EQ50. Anyone have either and have opinions or pro/cons?

Additionally, I'm really intrigued by the new RS Stealth, but I'm so accustomed to the double concave shaft dimensions of the Bauer supreme line that I don't know if I'd be comfortable changing. I'm sure the opinions on the stick are overwhelmingly positive, but anyone have any specific feedback?

Nothing As It Seems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 02:15 AM
Maupin Fan
Hot Air

On the stick, yeah don't bother. Like all Easton sticks, blade goes soft after four or five skates. I never have that problem with my Bauer sticks.

Maupin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 08:13 AM
Doland
HFBoards Possessor

vCash: 50
I have the Easton EQ50 gloves, they are excellent. The only thing I find wrong with them is i wish I bought one size bigger to have a little bit more wrist movement.

As for the RS, don't bother. Go for a total one.

Edit: forgot to add, multiple people on my team broke off their RS in 5-6 games.

Doland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Danglous

I have the EQ50 and I love them

Danglous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 10:32 AM
AIREAYE

The palm on the S19 v2 has improved slightly in creasing than the original, but still not as supple as the palm on the EQ50. If you can find the EQ50 Elite, that would be even better. I personally do not care for the tapered fingers on the S19 since I find that it sometimes catches on my ring finger when moving them, but it's up to you. There's nothing exclusively special about either glove so just go with whichever you prefer.

As to the stick, it's an absolutely amazing stick for shooting. The release on it is second to none, best stick I've ever shot with and balanced amazingly well. However like cleveland and Donald mentioned, there have been durability issues with some of them but if you're just playing recreationally and not at a competitive level, that shouldn't be an issue if you haven't been hard on your sticks before.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 01:48 PM
r3cc0s

S17 FTW for all easton gloves

I prefer the pro-stock gloves, as I am a huge fan of Clarino Nash, and most, regardless if its a totalone, rbk 9, 4roll or not... with the exception of some Eagles, most are clarino palms.

I prefer 4 rolls, but if I were to choose something that was somewhat tapered, the X60 or the XXXX are nice

r3cc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 09:13 PM
rwr

I second the comment on the EQ50'S elite series. For an extra $10. I woulda bought myself some but I needed one size bigger and they couldn't give me a time line, it's been a month and still none in. Picked up some EAGLE X95.

rwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Stickmata

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelandcrusaders82 View Post
On the stick, yeah don't bother. Like all Easton sticks, blade goes soft after four or five skates. I never have that problem with my Bauer sticks.

Errrr, no.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Stickmata

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3cc0s View Post
S17 FTW for all easton gloves
Best glove ever, but sadly not available anymore. I've been looking for a left over black pair in a 14" for a long time.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote