HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Boycott the media ?

Old
01-24-2012, 05:37 PM
PunkinDrublic*

vCash: 500
Boycott the media ?

Do any of you think we would be strong enough as a group to boycott the media and show our support to OUR team ? I know this sounds slly, but i was talking to my coaches and asst coaches tonight and we came up with something like this. Not responding to any of their articles, no talking about them and just straight boycotting their newspapers. Is this doable ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 05:56 PM
llamateizer

how to boycott the media?

stop watching hockey?
stop paying RDS and TSN

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:03 PM
HabsHockey

Don't buy any newspapers and illegally stream the content.

HabsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:05 PM
Habs Junkie

I approve this thread :-)

Habs Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:06 PM
sampollock

Rumour Blogging for Dummies

Habsterix | January 22, 2012 | Comments (3)

Written by Habsterix, AllHabs.net

Ever feel like everyone around you has NHL scoops? Get the feeling that you’re the only one without sources about rumours? Feeling unpopular and bullied? Do you like role play? Feel the need to be popular and appreciated? It’s easy. Become a Rumour Blogger!

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:07 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Do any of you think we would be strong enough as a group to boycott the media and show our support to OUR team ? I know this sounds slly, but i was talking to my coaches and asst coaches tonight and we came up with something like this. Not responding to any of their articles, no talking about them and just straight boycotting their newspapers. Is this doable ?
We should boycott the Gazette until Todd is fired first

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Habs Junkie

Let's start with Francois Gagnon. If this Sens/Nordiques fan can run players out of town, then maybe we should give him a taste of his own medicine. Ideas?

Old
01-24-2012, 06:11 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Agreed. They are the biggest problem.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Boycott RDS. Hate their staff..especially those at "Antichambre". Boycott Ron Fournier..that guy is goon and fool.

CBC and TSN are much better.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Disturbed1
Dale ****ing Weise

vCash: 50
Just unfollow those idiots and watch the games.

Disturbed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:16 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Well to be honest i was looking to you people for suggestions and ideas .

I know the players would be proud of us for doing so....We could show our true colors of being Habs fans.
Show the media, that what they give us for info, is NOT what we want to see or hear.

Old
01-24-2012, 06:18 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed1 View Post
This is a great one !!!! Remove all your twitter accounts ( i just did ) to all the media french and english that follow the Habs.

Old
01-24-2012, 06:25 PM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
This is a great one !!!! Remove all your twitter accounts ( i just did ) to all the media french and english that follow the Habs.
I don't think unfollowing them on twitter will accomplish much. Plus you have some media that are really good at covering the Habs ie: Renaud Lavoie and Brian Wylde.

Something bigger needs to be done, like a website that keeps track of their bull crap, and a list of their sponsors in order to boycott them.

Old
01-24-2012, 06:27 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed1 View Post
I swear it makes a difference when you judge the players.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:30 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Honestly the last step for me would be running a future superstar, Subban right out of town because of the media, regardlesss of the return we got for him.

x74Pacioretty74x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:32 PM
SeriousHabs

The media isn't to blame. Upper management's goal is to increase revenue. If they notice that utter garbage like l'AntiChambre generates lots of revenue at one show per week, they will increase it to two. And then three. All the way to six! The revenue is great, and they get bonuses. The morons on the show need to invent more and more stories to satisfy the desires of the moron viewers.

The solution is not a boycott. The solution is education. It will take a generation at best.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:33 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
The media isn't to blame. Upper management's goal is to increase revenue. If they notice that utter garbage like l'AntiChambre generates lots of revenue at one show per week, they will increase it to two. And then three. All the way to six! The revenue is great, and they get bonuses. The morons on the show need to invent more and more stories to satisfy the desires of the moron viewers.

The solution is not a boycott. The solution is education. It will take a generation at best.
We have someone here trying to defeat our purpose !!!

Old
01-24-2012, 06:38 PM
Undertakerqc

LOL boycott the media!!! I love our media, and our team as failed us for to long... 17 years of mediocrity

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:41 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
LOL boycott the media!!! I love our media, and our team as failed us for to long... 17 years of mediocrity
They ran anything that resembled something better than mediocrity out of town. They turned the average fan against a lot of good players.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Undertakerqc

... and btw, those who want to ban the media should move to North Korea, there you will feel well and love the new leader...

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
Let's start with Francois Gagnon. If this Sens/Nordiques fan can run players out of town, then maybe we should give him a taste of his own medicine. Ideas?
What a freaking moron this FG is, suggesting that trading Subban for a big center would improve this team. NO, not with our defense; it won't improve the team. Who's gonna be our #1 D? It is this kinda of crap that the media often rides on. And the less critical fans will jump on that bandwagon.

Quote:

I agree. Boycott wouldn't work. Education would. But it will take longer than a generation I'm afraid. I think a new kinda of journalism serving as a counter to the established one would help. This could be a fan blog, Facebook group, etc.

Last edited by Poulet Kostopoulos: 01-24-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:

You're right. I used to blame the media as well for all the habs problems, but now that I work in it I can say it's BS.

The problem is on the ice and in the management. The only thing in which the media might affect a player is the abundance of the journalists. It can scare players to be circled by a horde of them on a daily basis. But that's the life of a pro athlete and I certainly won't lose sleep over it, they make millions ffs.

The journalists job is to report what they see/hear. If Subban gets yelled at during the practice, it's their job to report it. If Cammalleri says he's playing his best hockey than ever, it's their job to report it.

Now, what many people tend to confuse, are journalists and columnists. Journalists will only report things, columnists share their opinions. Hate JC Lajoie all you want, hate François Gagnon all you want, but it's their job to analyse and share their opinion. You think they're the reason the habs suck? They wish they had such power.

You guys keep saying how terrible and not credible they are, yet you keep talking about them.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 07:00 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Tony Marinaro is the worst.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Charkey

I so agree with doing this, we should target one idiot and not watch or read any articles he writes, by that i mean not buy the paper.

Charkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 07:22 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
You're right. I used to blame the media as well for all the habs problems, but now that I work in it I can say it's BS.

The problem is on the ice and in the management. The only thing in which the media might affect a player is the abundance of the journalists. It can scare players to be circled by a horde of them on a daily basis. But that's the life of a pro athlete and I certainly won't lose sleep over it, they make millions ffs.

The journalists job is to report what they see/hear. If Subban gets yelled at during the practice, it's their job to report it. If Cammalleri says he's playing his best hockey than ever, it's their job to report it.

Now, what many people tend to confuse, are journalists and columnists. Journalists will only report things, columnists share their opinions. Hate JC Lajoie all you want, hate François Gagnon all you want, but it's their job to analyse and share their opinion. You think they're the reason the habs suck? They wish they had such power.

You guys keep saying how terrible and not credible they are, yet you keep talking about them.
Making millions doesn't mean you're not human. Heck, most of these guys are still KIDS. Media affects players. Media doesn't just report (gosh, I wish it was that simple), they give opinion and amplify. The media is not the main cause of the team's problems but they make the situation worse and harder for the team to get out of it.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote