HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators suddenly find themselves deep in offensive prospects

Old
01-26-2012, 02:26 AM
krapsik

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Collins View Post
I get why you're saying no Daug, Butler and Regin, but why Condra? Sure he's out of his element on the 2nd line but he's a solid 3rd liner with decent hockey sense
Condra can be easily replaced with many other prospects who all have maybe a better upside. And he become 26 in August. In ideal world where is no spot for him anyway next year.

krapsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 06:34 AM
Iamok
#Panic

Condra's quietly gone on the be one of our more consistent players this year. It would be a really poor decision to give up on him, especially when he's a pretty solid bottom 6 guy.

Iamok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 06:39 AM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

In my opinion, Condra is the best bottom-six player not named Zack Smith that we have. As such, it would be stupid to get rid of him in the next 2-3 years while our other prospects develop. Once guys like Silf, Zibby, Stone, Prince, Pageau et al. are ready to make a contribution (if ever) then we can re-evaluate our roster.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 07:16 AM
HSF

DaCosta says arent "numbered" unless we are getting a solid player back who is young-ish we have no need in trading DaCosta

If Spezza or Turris gets injured for a month who exactly steps in? ya probably DaCosta

HSF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 08:08 AM
operasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
In my opinion, Condra is the best bottom-six player not named Zack Smith that we have. As such, it would be stupid to get rid of him in the next 2-3 years while our other prospects develop. Once guys like Silf, Zibby, Stone, Prince, Pageau et al. are ready to make a contribution (if ever) then we can re-evaluate our roster.
Greening, Smith, Condra - these are the guys we need to fill specific roles on the team. Not everyone can be a No1 centgre - and not everyone can be a No3 centre. Depends on the system.

Condra and Smith have great chemistry (when Condra is a RW) and their PK is above average, almost dangerous to the other team if the puck is turned over.

Same with Daugavins - he fills a need.

Silfverberg and Zibanejad are shoe-ins for next year probably replacing Butler and Regin (because of the injury history). Stone might bump Winchester, but I'm thinking he starts in the AHL

Prince, Pageau, Noesen, Puempel are two years away.

Hoffman, DaCosta, Petersson will get consideration before they do and their time to make that decision hard (or easy) is now. A year from now their beds will be made vis-a-vis the Sens.

operasen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:29 AM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
DaCosta says arent "numbered" unless we are getting a solid player back who is young-ish we have no need in trading DaCosta

If Spezza or Turris gets injured for a month who exactly steps in? ya probably DaCosta
Big deal. So he's either in the bleachers or down on the farm waiting for an opportunity. Guys like those are a dime a dozen...

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:35 AM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Big deal. So he's either in the bleachers or down on the farm waiting for an opportunity. Guys like those are a dime a dozen...
potential top 6 forwards are dime a dozen? hmmm i dont think so

It would be as stupid as trading Laich for Bondra.

You dont trade your depth unless it is worth it cause injuries happen especially to a guy like Spezza

Old
01-26-2012, 09:37 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Wut.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Iamok
#Panic

Dime a dozen? Is that we we have a strong history of having organizational depth like that?.....

Iamok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:45 AM
Afro Thunder*

Not sure why we cant just have Zibby as our 3rd line center abd develop him like our Jordan Stall and have a top 9 instead of a top 6 like every other contender. There is no need for him to be rushed into the top 6 role next season, he could start as the 4th center gradually bringing him up as the 3rd.

Like this at thestart of camp.

Silverberg- Spezza-Michalek
Foligno- Turris- Alfie
Greening-Smith- Neil
Petersson- Zibby- Condra

At mid season this could happen

Silfverberg- Spezza- Petersson
Michalek- Turris- Alfie
Foligno- Zibby- Condra
Greening- Smith- Neil

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:23 AM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
Not sure why we cant just have Zibby as our 3rd line center abd develop him like our Jordan Stall and have a top 9 instead of a top 6 like every other contender. There is no need for him to be rushed into the top 6 role next season, he could start as the 4th center gradually bringing him up as the 3rd.

Like this at thestart of camp.

Silverberg- Spezza-Michalek
Foligno- Turris- Alfie
Greening-Smith- Neil
Petersson- Zibby- Condra

At mid season this could happen

Silfverberg- Spezza- Petersson
Michalek- Turris- Alfie
Foligno- Zibby- Condra
Greening- Smith- Neil

he will 3rd line wing when he starts imo

his talent will be wasted on the 4th line

Old
01-26-2012, 11:22 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by krapsik View Post
Condra can be easily replaced with many other prospects who all have maybe a better upside. And he become 26 in August. In ideal world where is no spot for him anyway next year.
I'm sorry but why do people always mention this?

"We have other prospects who have better upside"

Condra has been a stabilized force on our TOP 6 and we are currently in a playoff position after expected by almost every single person to finish last or near there. The mentality of prospects better than proven NHL players needs to stop. Imagine if Condra was on our bottom 6! What depth we'd have.

What else does a guy like that have to prove in order to stay on this roster? Oh wait, 26? Damn, get this guy outta here.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 01:30 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
potential top 6 forwards are dime a dozen? hmmm i dont think so

It would be as stupid as trading Laich for Bondra.

You dont trade your depth unless it is worth it cause injuries happen especially to a guy like Spezza
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Wut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Dime a dozen? Is that we we have a strong history of having organizational depth like that?.....
I don't see Da Costa ever becoming a top 6 centreman in the NHL. Certainly not with Ottawa...

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 01:37 PM
HSF

Quote:
I don't see Da Costa ever becoming a top 6 centreman in the NHL. Certainly not with Ottawa...
i think he can he has the skill to do it.

Old
01-26-2012, 01:47 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Doesn't necessarily have to play center but I think there's a chance he does. Guy is skilled as hell, doesn't look pretty skating but the way he makes plays in tight spaces, sees the ice and shoots well....he's a solid prospect.

Don't care if it's in Ottawa or not but the guy isn't a dime a dozen prospect. If we're dealing for a big forward I could see a team wanting him in the package and I could see us obliging if the name is big enough because there isn't much room here.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 01:55 PM
Afro Thunder*

The underrating of DaCosta is just another example of HF's obssesion of the shiny new toy.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 01:59 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
The underrating of DaCosta is just another example of HF's obssesion of the shiny new toy.
Word up.

Guy puts up better numbers at the same age as James Van Riemsdyk in the NCAA and he's a PPG player in under performing AHL team and he then becomes "easily expendable"

Last edited by ReginKarlssonLehner: 01-26-2012 at 02:11 PM.
ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:07 PM
GreatStateofHockey

As far as i'm concerned , I really don't think we have any notable prospects that are Natural Centers.

Zibanejad and Silfverberg are likely to fill out our top 6 RW spots, shifting Michalek to LW, and Noesen/Peumpel are Natural wingers anyways.

Da Costa is the only center prospect we have that could have an NHL future.

GreatStateofHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:13 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Zibanejad is much better suited at center than the wing. Da Costa + Zibanejad is a great duo of centers to have in the prospect pool when Turris, Smith and Spezza are already NHL players.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 10:17 AM
Ron Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezz101 View Post
there are 5-6 guys who will get a serious look at making this roster next season: Filitov,Zbad,Silfverberg,Stone,Lehner and to a lesser extent Petersson. That being said I believe there are another 3 or 4 prospects who could legit come in and make the organization make decsions guys like noeson, weircioch, Boro and prince

I believe winni will be re-upped same with foligno, konopka is a toss up and could be a 13th forward and only inserted when needed, im undecided if daug will be back, i think butler will be traded, and my bold prediction of the day is greening is used as part of a package for a high profile LW say zach parise (i say parise because hes told everyone he is testing free agent waters and his value wont be as high as say nash) If parise enjoys it here and has fun playing with a young team and we re up me our roster could look something like this next year

Parise-Spezza-Michalek
Silfv-Turris-Alfie
Prince-Smith-Zbad
Condra-Winnie-Neil
Konopka

Cowen-Gonchar
Karlsson-Kuba
Phillips-UFA(willie mitchell sure would look nice here)
Lee

Anderson
Lehner

That right there my friends is a solid team top to bottom, maybe not developed enough to be contenders but definetly would be a dark horse team and we would also have depth at every position to bring up in case of injuries that in theory wouldnt weaken this team a whole lot unless it was spezza or karlsson that got hurt but how many teams (besides pitts) can loose their best player and not miss a beat
You do realize that 3 of you top 9 are rookies, right?

Ron Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Ron Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Sdao and Blood might challenge in that regard. They are both big, nasty defensive d men who are starting to develop a bit of an offensive side to their game.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...160440434.html
Ben Blood FTW!

Ron Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote