HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mark Pysyk for Mark McNeill

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2012, 04:58 PM
  #1
Cannonball0828
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
Mark Pysyk for Mark McNeill

Straight up trade. Seems to make sense for both franchises. Buffalo needs more center prospects and the Blackhawks need more D prospects. Value seems to be about even.

Cannonball0828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 05:18 PM
  #2
StalockSuperfan
Registered User
 
StalockSuperfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,676
vCash: 500
I think Chicago has a need for centers too.

StalockSuperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 05:31 PM
  #3
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,457
vCash: 50
I've watched both players pretty closely. I think its a pretty fair deal

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 05:36 PM
  #4
Cannonball0828
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 97
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
I've watched both players pretty closely. I think its a pretty fair deal
Curious to what you think of both players. Perhaps a pro comparison for them?

Cannonball0828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 05:45 PM
  #5
Evgeni Giroux
Registered User
 
Evgeni Giroux's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
IDK, I love Psysk mistake free game. And I don't see why chicago would do it, if we wanted McNeill we could have just drafted him

Evgeni Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 05:57 PM
  #6
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,374
vCash: 500
Chicago needs defense now, but they don't really need defense prospects.

They desperately need big center prospects though, and McNeill is pretty much their only one.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 06:02 PM
  #7
dire wolf
be cool
 
dire wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cali
Country: United States
Posts: 4,023
vCash: 500
Value seems about right. I hate to let go of Pysyk because I think he'll be a steady, smart NHL d-man, but we need center prospects badly. I suspect the Sabres brass didn't like something about McNeil because we didn't draft him.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 06:02 PM
  #8
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,457
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball0828 View Post
Curious to what you think of both players. Perhaps a pro comparison for them?
Mark Pysyk - Mark Giordano
Mark McNeill - Chris* Gratton

After looking at this I thought of trying to find another Mark to go 4/4 but I stand by these comparisons

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 06:08 PM
  #9
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh
 
drinking bleach irl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: Ras al-Khaimah
Posts: 10,926
vCash: 300
I'd be happy with this deal. Sabres need centers like Charlie Sheen needs rehab.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:11 PM
  #10
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,605
vCash: 500
I think it would work for both teams. Although I feel that Mcneill has a higher ceiling than Pysyk.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:21 PM
  #11
sabresEH
Registered User
 
sabresEH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
Value seems about right. I hate to let go of Pysyk because I think he'll be a steady, smart NHL d-man, but we need center prospects badly. I suspect the Sabres brass didn't like something about McNeil because we didn't draft him.
I think we didn't draft him becasue Armia was still on the board. If Armia was already taken I think we would have gone with McNeil. We went BPA instead of organizational need.

sabresEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:26 PM
  #12
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,457
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jessiman View Post
I think it would work for both teams. Although I feel that Mcneill has a higher ceiling than Pysyk.
I agree, but Pysyk is more likely to reach his potential. McNeill has consistency issues

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:27 PM
  #13
omglolnub
Registered User
 
omglolnub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,175
vCash: 500
Buffalo happily accepts. At least I do, anyway

omglolnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:29 PM
  #14
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
I agree, but Pysyk is more likely to reach his potential. McNeill has consistency issues
Granted, but you look at his numbers in Juniors and compare them to Getzlaf's. They are similar. Actually, they are similar players, not saying he will be as good as Getzlaf...

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:30 PM
  #15
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 101,059
vCash: 340
Doesn't make much sense for Hawks

They have solid D prospects in Olsen , Johns , Holl and Clendening (Various types of dman with different styles)

Hawks need C depth longterm and McNeill seems to be a safe bet to fill some C role on Hawks in future (#2 C thru #4 C)

So Hawks would have to say no thanks

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:33 PM
  #16
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Doesn't make much sense for Hawks

They have solid D prospects in Olsen , Johns , Holl and Clendening (Various types of dman with different styles)

Hawks need C depth longterm and McNeill seems to be a safe bet to fill some C role on Hawks in future (#2 C thru #4 C)

So Hawks would have to say no thanks
But don't the Hawks have guys to fill that void too ? I guess it comes down to if they need Defensive depth over offensive depth.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:33 PM
  #17
Havok89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jessiman View Post
Granted, but you look at his numbers in Juniors and compare them to Getzlaf's. They are similar. Actually, they are similar players, not saying he will be as good as Getzlaf...
Doesn't really mean anything. A lot of prospects had terrific numbers in juniors and didn't translate to the NHL.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:50 PM
  #18
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 101,059
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jessiman View Post
But don't the Hawks have guys to fill that void too ? I guess it comes down to if they need Defensive depth over offensive depth.
Hawks have

Keith and Seabrook signed for longterm deals , Hammer signed along with Montador and Leddy on NHL roster as well

Defensive prospects are of lower priority to Hawks at this stage compared to C prospects that is why Hawks have been drafting C's high in recent drafts

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 07:51 PM
  #19
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 101,059
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok89 View Post
Doesn't really mean anything. A lot of prospects had terrific numbers in juniors and didn't translate to the NHL.
You can say same about dmen like Pysyk who's so called safe game and upside never amount to much either

All prospects are ? until they prove they can play in NHL

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:03 PM
  #20
Havok89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
You can say same about dmen like Pysyk who's so called safe game and upside never amount to much either

All prospects are ? until they prove they can play in NHL
Uhh yeah? I never mentioned McNeill. I said junior numbers don't always translate.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:13 PM
  #21
KanetoToews2883
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
I agree with BWC, this trade doesn't make sense for the Blackhawks. We need a 2nd pairing dman in the now, not a future one. We've got 2-3 1st/2nd pairing potentially dmen that are years away, Clendening, Johns, Olsen, Holl, to a lesser extent Lalonde (if he continues to develop).

The Hawks have a good deep system right now that they need to just sit on.

KanetoToews2883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:15 PM
  #22
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 17,895
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by StalockSuperfan View Post
I think Chicago has a need for centers too.
With Toews and possibly Kane as your #1-2 centers, no. Plus, there's Pirri, Hayes, and Kruger still.

They've got some good D prospects, but could really use a guy like Pysyk to help solidify their future (again, not that they need to with Seabrook, Keith, and Hjalmarsson).

I like this. Seems fair for both clubs.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:35 PM
  #23
Havok89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,899
vCash: 500
Any interest in Leopold? Guy's been great for Buffalo, but I'd rather trade him for a draft pick/prospect and tank further in the standings.

Havok89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:57 PM
  #24
KanetoToews2883
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok89 View Post
Any interest in Leopold? Guy's been great for Buffalo, but I'd rather trade him for a draft pick/prospect and tank further in the standings.
I don't know if he can fill the type of SAH 2nd pairing role that the Hawks need. But maybe... He might be a nice acquistion depending on the price of course... Roy probably has more interest...

KanetoToews2883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:57 PM
  #25
KanetoToews2883
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
With Toews and possibly Kane as your #1-2 centers, no. Plus, there's Pirri, Hayes, and Kruger still.

They've got some good D prospects, but could really use a guy like Pysyk to help solidify their future (again, not that they need to with Seabrook, Keith, and Hjalmarsson).

I like this. Seems fair for both clubs.
Say it with me, Kane is not a Centre. He plays RW... The experiment of Kaner at C was short lived and mixed results.

KanetoToews2883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.