HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Mark Pysyk for Mark McNeill

Old
01-25-2012, 10:30 PM
LandofLincoln

vCash: 500
We might be equal on value....However, Mark McNeill would not be traded for a defense prospect ever. McNeill would be traded only for a rostered player #3 defenseman or 2nd line center.

But value is hard to argue. No doubt Pysyk was a good pick.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:53 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

I don't really see any reason for Chicago to make this trade, but for Pysyk, I'd rather trade K.Hayes than McNeill.

But again, I don't really see the point of this trade from Chicago. They have ample quality prospects at both centre and on defense and it's not like they'll have alot of spots opening up in the next 1-3 years.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 01:14 AM
BiBoFro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jessiman View Post
Granted, but you look at his numbers in Juniors and compare them to Getzlaf's. They are similar. Actually, they are similar players, not saying he will be as good as Getzlaf...
They're definitely the same players. He might not be a #1 center, but he'll definitely be a #2 if he continues on his projected path.

They're also both alike in their receding hair lines too!

But no to the trade on the grounds of: We need both a Big center and another BIG mean defender.

BiBoFro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:33 AM
giza

The Hawks have lacked a center with some size and skill for a very long time. I could easily see McNeill and Saad playing with Kane in 2 years. The trade concept, while relatively fair, seems somewhat irrelevant.

giza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:10 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
I like Pysyk but would rather have the center.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote