HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Monday, January 30th Jets Papers (Buff travels with team, Gagnon & Machacek recalled)

Old
01-30-2012, 07:51 AM
ICdave
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Monday, January 30th Jets Papers (Buff travels with team, Gagnon & Machacek recalled)

Monday, January 30th Jets Papers

Jets news:

Note: Jets have recalled forwards Aaron Gagnon and Spencer Machacek. Doesn't bode well for injury news. Will keep you posted whenever we hear anything new.

Note II: Winnipeg Jets trade forward Akim Aliu to the Calgary Flames for defenceman John Negrin. Negrin has played 3 career games with the Flames.

Note III: Big Buff is at practice in Philadelphia.

Winnipeg Free Press: Citizen Kane - Sakic and the Avs were my inspiration. Not shocking that Burnaby Joe was his inspiration.

Winnipeg Free Press: Mission playoffs – plenty to address as Jets get back to work. Ed Tait takes a hard look at the Jets reality as the team gets back to business.

Winnipeg Free Press: How about an All-Star game at MTS Centre? Let’s hope we aren’t forced to wait like Ottawa was for almost two decades before being awarded an All-Star game. Gary Lawless also goes into detail about the situation in Phoenix.

Winnipeg Sun: Trade deadline wild card. This is always an opportunity for a smart GM to turn some current assets into future prospects with a team looking for success today and willing to mortgage its future.

Winnipeg Sun: Hard climb ahead for Jets. As they said in Dumb and Dumber “so you’re saying there’s a chance”. Until you have been mathematically eliminated anything is possible. While the Jets chances don’t look great, if they suddenly become road warriors and win the majority of the next 7 games away from the friendly confines of the MTS Centre, it puts them into a much better position.

Winnipeg Sun: Five questions the Jets need to answer. If the Jets are to have a prayer of making the post-season it starts with this East coast road trip. Ken Wiebe asks 5 important questions that the Jets are going to have to answer.

Winnipeg Free Press: Jets wives, girlfriends to attend charity fashion show. It isn’t just the Jets that are using their status to try and help the community. Nice way to help raise money for a good cause.

Illegal Curve: IC Hockey Show part 1. In case you missed the show we have the recap. On Saturday’s show the guys discussed Richard Pollock’s article from this week, “Establishing Evander Kane’s Market Value”. Evander Kane’s comparables and floor. Interview with James Gordon of the Ottawa Citizen. Establishing Evander Kane’s market value, continued. Interview with Alex Steen of the St. Louis Blues. Determining the Winnipeg Jets trade value at the deadline.

Affiliate news – St. John’s IceCaps:

The Telegram: IceCaps, True North look to extend relationship. The AHL/NHL relationship is an interesting one.

The Telegram: Redmond adjusting to pros after college career. At 23 he is not a spring chicken, but has continued to develop his game under head coach Keith McCambridge and is currently at the AHL All-Star game.

The Telegram: Postma’s one main goal: become a reliable two-way D-man. This is the lower portion of the Redmond article above (scroll about 1/2 way down the page) which discusses the Jets offensive prospect learning a defensive game.

Next opponent news – Philadelphia Flyers:

Philadelphia Inquirer: Giroux attracts star buzz. Stardom can be fleeting so while some may look at it as a burden it is better that people are talking about you than not.

Philadelphia Inquirer: Hartnell a fall guy with a cause. Pretty innovative way to donate money to charity.

For the Jets, IceCaps & Flyers links click here.

Last edited by ICdave: 01-30-2012 at 12:41 PM.
ICdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 11:18 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Nice I hope machacek gets a real chance, I think he's gonna be very useful on the 4th line

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 11:21 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
So Stapler is still hurt I guess.

But does that mean Buff is back?

I hope so

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 11:25 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Machacek

Gagnon

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:58 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Nice I hope machacek gets a real chance, I think he's gonna be very useful on the 4th line
I agree, I like seeing Machacek get a chance. He's produced in the AHL. Maybe at some point he can handle a 3rd or 4th line role in the NHL.

Bringing both of these guys up though scares me in regards to Kane and Burmistrov's injuries.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Ken Wiebe @WiebeSunSports
Evander Kane, Dustin Byfuglien and Alex Burmistrov are all in Philly here with #winnipegjets and we will see who is going on the ice

Hopefully this is a good sign.

01-30-2012, 01:09 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Hopefully this is a good sign.
Fingers crossed.....

At the very least it sounds like they are all close, which should be good news.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 01:19 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Winnipeg Jets Afternoon News

Winnipeg Jets Afternoon News

Winnipeg Free Press: Jets add two IceCaps as prepare for Flyers. Lots of information out there right now as to who will and will not be in the linup against the Flyers. Should know more following practice today.

Jets official site: Nik Antropov talks hometown. A Q & A from the Jets centre on growing up in Oskemen, Kazakhstan.

TSN: Jets arrive in Philadelphia. The Jets won’t be expecting any brotherly love in Philly.

TSN: How many Canadian teams will make the playoffs? With just two above the line currently, how many more can vault themselves into a playoff position by end of the season? Will we be seeing a white out in April at the MTS Centre? Don’t forget to vote in the IC.com poll.

Calgary Herald: Flames acquire winger Akim Aliu from Jets. To see what the Jets gave up here is a Prospect Pulse that Kyle did on Aliu back on August 2nd, 2011.

Next opponent news – Philadelphia Flyers:

Philadelphia Inquirer: NHL All-Star game a pond-hockey goalfest. Nice work by Timmonen to put in a word with Nashville’s Ryan Suter who is set to become an unrestricted free agent after the season, and who Timmonen thinks would look good in Flyers orange.

For the Jets & Flyers links click here.

Last edited by ICdave: 01-30-2012 at 02:10 PM.
ICdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 02:22 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

so...trade kane is still out?

that sucks.....must've been quite a hit, punch, i mean hit, that he sustained...hopefully he is back when they return home.

peter sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 07:52 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

Jets need to win 2 of the next 3 to set themselves up for a home heavy schedule for the balance of the month that has a chance of meaning something.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 08:53 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

Burmi was out skating with his mom at river heights on the weekend so he must not be feeling too bad.

Old
01-30-2012, 10:39 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
If it's like any other forward they have called up from St. J he should get between 2 and 6 minutes a game, plenty of game action to really showcase his stuff.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 11:11 PM
Potrzebie

vCash: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter sullivan View Post
Burmi was out skating with his mom at river heights on the weekend so he must not be feeling too bad.
Can his mom score goals?

Potrzebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 12:13 AM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

Not sure but apparently she skates faster than antropov.