HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

"Jeff Carter is 100% available."

Old
01-26-2012, 10:01 AM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
What about to Winnipeg; Bogosian + 2012 1st

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:02 AM
The Beard de Talbot
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I agree with your logic but, would you give up a package equal to Voracek/Coutourier for Carter RIGHT NOW?
Not a chance.

The last three seasons he's been plagued with injuries. And when he was in Philly, they came at the end of the regular schedule just in time for the Playoffs -- which he'd then miss.

It was difficult to give the guy credit when 90% of his success came at times when the points were overkill, and not enough clutch game-winners/tiers(sp?).

I don't wish the guy misery and no success, but I'll say this; He was instantly forgotten about when he left Philadelphia. Not even a ghost.

The Beard de Talbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post
Lol.. If you had carter youd be wanting Kessel and lupul to be feeding your talented center... As good as kessels shot is, Carter's is one of the best In the league, he'd be the shooter on that line, he fits just fine. Carter, lupul, Kessel would possibly be the top line in the league.
When Carter has been healthy this year he hasn't been able to click with Nash. I see no reason why he would click with Kessel who primarily is a shoot 1st player as well.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Why can't they play on the same line? Malkin is a good playmaker, carter is an excellent shooter and would convert well to the wing, they would be deadly together.
no, he's not and he's not a very good winger (don't ask me why not...he just couldnt play wing)

he has a great wrister, I won't argue that, but his shot selection and accuracy is awful

there's a reason why his nickname in Philly was "high & wide" and it nothing to do with his stature

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:03 AM
Sasso09

Quote:
Has Carter ever played wing? Not trying to be an ass, just not sure.
I'm fairly sure he has played wing plenty in Philly, I'd like confirmation from a flyers fan.... But with their flux of center, briere, Giroux, Richards, carter, a lot of those guys played wing a lot during last year. And it's been a popular belief that carter is better suited as a winger anyhow.

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
no, he's not and he's not a very good winger (don't ask me know)

he has a great wrister, I won't argue that, but his shot selection and accuracy is awful

there's a reason why his nickname in Philly was "high & wide" and it nothing to do with his stature
He was debated as having the best wrist shot along with semin for 2 years, as far as his accuracy, that's another thing. And obviously you'd know more than me about carter, btw, since your here, has carter ever played wing?

EDiT: you answered the winger question.

Old
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
I'm fairly sure he has played wing plenty in Philly, I'd like confirmation from a flyers fan.... But with their flux of center, briere, Giroux, Richards, carter, a lot of those guys played wing a lot during last year. And it's been a popular belief that carter is better suited as a winger anyhow.
yes, he did play wing, but he was not very good at it

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hdtrax

He's probably available but this sounds more like Dreger trying to drum up some attention to the TSN Trade Deadline Show (aka 8 hours of nothing last year). Whatever.

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Sasso09

Quote:
When Carter has been healthy this year he hasn't been able to click with Nash. I see no reason why he would click with Kessel who primarily is a shoot 1st player as well.
It's not so much Nash, it's the wole CBJ system, they are such a defensive group it really saps their offensive potential IMO.

Old
01-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Halibut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
Yeah I was just thinking the Jets make some sense as a trade partner, if ownership is ok taking on that contract.

Halibut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
yes, he did play wing, but he was not very good at it
I'd like to think he'd do just fine with Malkin though, who wouldn't?

Old
01-26-2012, 10:08 AM
KeepersDome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mika Zibanejad View Post

You're still not getting Schenn + Kadri/Colborne for a guy who will have a cap hit of $5.3M when he's 37.
Oh please, like that would matter. If he is not worth 5.3 when he is in his mid 30s, just Kaberle/Gomez him off to Montreal. They will take anyone!

KeepersDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:10 AM
umwoz

What a mess. Fire Howson, order your new GM's first task to be trading Carter either at the deadline or in the offseason.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:16 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
Get a real GM

vCash: 283
Quote:
I think you should ask Lupul, who is a shoot first player, how it's like playing with Kessel.

Something tells me he would say Kessel dishes the puck quite well.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:19 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
I think you should ask Lupul, who is a shoot first player, how it's like playing with Kessel.

Something tells me he would say Kessel dishes the puck quite well.
Or you could ask Lupul while Carter was scoring 46, how many times did he dish it, as Lupul was on his wing.

Old
01-26-2012, 10:30 AM
BLONG7

Darren Dreger is TV's Eklund...gets almost nothing right...nothing...but throw enough crap on the wall, something is bound to stick...he is a joke of an insider, and just a rumour monger used by the Leafs organization...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Hero
Buffy is Back

Nsh, La should be all over this

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Darren Dreger is TV's Eklund...gets almost nothing right...nothing...but throw enough crap on the wall, something is bound to stick...he is a joke of an insider, and just a rumour monger used by the Leafs organization...
He also followed this rumor by saying "Leafs have no interest". How exactly is that Leaf mongering?

Old
01-26-2012, 10:40 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Thats a pretty bold statement being he's done it all of once. The problem may not be Carter as a player, we all know he has been injured. The problem may probably be all of the "bad locker room guy" talk that came out of Philly, and the fact he has a 10 year contract.
Carter has 115 goals the last three seasons, the fifth highest total in the NHL. In the previous four seasons, Carter has 144 goals the fourth highest total in the NHL. Rick Nash has 143 goals in that same period, the fifth highest total.

As a comparison, Phil Kessel has 117, Iginla has 160, Ovechkin 202, Crosby 138, Malkin 125.

By any measure, Carter is an elite goal scorer. One injury plagued season on a horrific team does not make him the garbage this thread would make an uninformed reader believe.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:41 AM
Otto91

Franz Nielsen, Calvin De Haan, and a 3rd from the Islanders for Carter!

Otto91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Anderson55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
He's one of the most respected people in the business this just isnt true, his job is to say what players might be available and what teams might be interested. He never says "Carter to leafs, real close!!" D5 he unlike eklund has a job with a legitiment hockey outlet, not a beat writer creating a site and filling it with BS rumours. again he doesnt make predictions just lays out all the info

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:49 AM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonahan View Post

I completely agreed with your post, until your actual proposal.
I agree with the proposal from a Kings standpoint. JJ is the most overrated defenceman on the boards by a longshot, and Bernier doesn't exactly look like a future Vezina winner. Decent goalie and PP QB for a scoring top line forward? Sure.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:50 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto91 View Post
Franz Nielsen, Calvin De Haan, and a 3rd from the Islanders for Carter!
Probably not many Columbus fans would do this or most other offers in this thread. I would insist on the Isle's 1st in 2012, a better young roster player and a defensive prospect (De Haan).

It doesn't matter though, Isles might get him for almost anything because Columbus's front office is run by idiots. Snow should just offer Reasoner and a 4th round pick. Howson might take it. Look at what he's built.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
Carter has 115 goals the last three seasons, the fifth highest total in the NHL. In the previous four seasons, Carter has 144 goals the fourth highest total in the NHL. Rick Nash has 143 goals in that same period, the fifth highest total.

As a comparison, Phil Kessel has 117, Iginla has 160, Ovechkin 202, Crosby 138, Malkin 125.

By any measure, Carter is an elite goal scorer. One injury plagued season on a horrific team does not make him the garbage this thread would make an uninformed reader believe.
It's not that i think he is garbage, never said he was. The MAIN issue(s) for alot of posters (that i have read) are 1:the asking price (not many teams are willing to give a Voracek/Coutourier type package)2:the length of contract (10 years is a long time for a player who has had some recent injury woes) and 3:The fit on any proposed team. I won't even bring up the "bad locker room guy" quotes as they are only rumors.

Old
01-26-2012, 10:53 AM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
Bogosian has more value now than Voracek did at the time of the deal, and our 1st could be higher than 8th.

Why would we give up more than Columbus did?

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote