HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Basketball
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Basketball NBA, NCAA, International

New York Knicks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2012, 08:32 PM
  #1
Muh
Beadle
 
Muh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sloatsburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,273
vCash: 500
New York Knicks

What an absolute joke this team is. The Melo trade destroyed us, and $15 mil for Chandler doesn't look so good right now...And if it wasn't for my homer glasses, probably didn't look so good to begin with anyway.

I miss Gallo, I miss team basketball.

I am a Knick fan btw, and not sure why I even watch these games when NYR dont play.

Are you guys who aren't Knick fans enjoying this as much as I expect?

Muh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 08:34 PM
  #2
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Algeria
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
The main problem is D'Antoni


Their D is pathetic



Hire Jeff Van Gundy

Also, would it kill Amare to grab more rebounds ?



They also miss David lee

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 08:48 PM
  #3
Muh
Beadle
 
Muh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sloatsburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
The main problem is D'Antoni


Their D is pathetic



Hire Jeff Van Gundy

Also, would it kill Amare to grab more rebounds ?



They also miss David lee
Yeah, this team does not know how to play in their own end under 'Antoni. A lot of standing around guarding with their hands, its pathetic.

I do miss David Lee, but at the same time he did get us Amare, and we did play well with Amare as our guy last year before the Melo trade. Its just that the Melo trade totally depleted the "team play" aspect of Knick basketball, turning this into street ball. To stagnate on offense, no one can get in rythem-sp?- esp when Melo touches the ball.

And he isn't going to be our savior, but please get healthy Baron Davis. You know there is a problem when Shumpert and T.Douglas are your PGs.

Muh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:13 PM
  #4
Morozov
The Devil Killer
 
Morozov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 11,288
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Had some money on the Cavs today if that helps

Morozov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:40 PM
  #5
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Algeria
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muh View Post
Yeah, this team does not know how to play in their own end under 'Antoni. A lot of standing around guarding with their hands, its pathetic.

I do miss David Lee, but at the same time he did get us Amare, and we did play well with Amare as our guy last year before the Melo trade. Its just that the Melo trade totally depleted the "team play" aspect of Knick basketball, turning this into street ball. To stagnate on offense, no one can get in rythem-sp?- esp when Melo touches the ball.

And he isn't going to be our savior, but please get healthy Baron Davis. You know there is a problem when Shumpert and T.Douglas are your PGs.
Good point on Melo and the team play, as Denver has gotten much better

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 09:48 PM
  #6
Muh
Beadle
 
Muh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sloatsburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
Had some money on the Cavs today if that helps
Your a smart smart man.

Muh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:40 PM
  #7
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!
 
Big Poppa Puck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 15,378
vCash: 500
The Knicks play no defense. They need a new coach.

Big Poppa Puck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2012, 11:54 PM
  #8
Oilbleeder
Moderator
Lead us to glory.
 
Oilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,946
vCash: 500
Amare's knees are also wearing down a lot. He's definitely not as explosive.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/QuadSig-OB.gif <-- Credit goes to The Nemesis.
Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 01:02 AM
  #9
Nalyd Psycho
Registered User
 
Nalyd Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: No Bandwagon
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,830
vCash: 500
Shumperts a lot more effective at the 2 position, another reason Baron's return will help.

But yeah, Melo is a perfect example of a great talent who doesn't "get it".

__________________
Every post comes with the Nalyd Psycho Seal of Approval.
Nalyd Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 07:51 AM
  #10
Cruiser008
Registered User
 
Cruiser008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,249
vCash: 500
At least they picked up Jeremy Lin.

Cruiser008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 08:51 AM
  #11
Nazem Bozak
Registered User
 
Nazem Bozak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5,003
vCash: 500
they better bite on that amar'e + chandler for dwight trade

Nazem Bozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:09 PM
  #12
davebenj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,343
vCash: 500
When James Dolan dies, that will be the greatest day for Knicks fans I bet. I truly believe he's the root of all of the problems although I agree that D'Antoni should be fired

davebenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 03:01 PM
  #13
Avs_19
Peter the Great
 
Avs_19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Amare's knees are also wearing down a lot. He's definitely not as explosive.
That's another reason why using the amnesty clause on Billups and his one year deal was stupid.

Amare can't play defense and now he's slowing down on offense. I think Melo hogging the ball has a lot to do with Amare's numbers dropping off but like you said, he's not as explosive either. He'll have 3 years and around $60M left on his deal after this season. Good luck with that one.

The Melo deal killed their depth and now he's killing their offense. Also, just like D'Antoni and Amare, Melo doesn't like to play defense either.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 04:34 PM
  #14
Eytinge
Registered User
 
Eytinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
That's another reason why using the amnesty clause on Billups and his one year deal was stupid.

Amare can't play defense and now he's slowing down on offense. I think Melo hogging the ball has a lot to do with Amare's numbers dropping off but like you said, he's not as explosive either. He'll have 3 years and around $60M left on his deal after this season. Good luck with that one.

The Melo deal killed their depth and now he's killing their offense. Also, just like D'Antoni and Amare, Melo doesn't like to play defense either.
Agreed. They picked up the option on Billups, and then a few months later use their amnesty on an expiring contract? The stupidity of that move will haunt the Knicks for a long time.

Last year with Felton and Gallinari along with Stat their offense was a lot more free-flowing and everyone was playing team ball. But they wanted to copy Miami and assemble their own big three.

Problem with that? Wade, Lebron and Bosh can play defense and team ball. Stat and Melo could care less about defense. Chandler is a nice x-factor or last piece to a contending team but not worthy of a big three title.

Knicks fans better pray Baron can run the point like he used to 3, 4 years ago or it will get ugly in New York.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 05:31 PM
  #15
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 106,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebenj View Post
When James Dolan dies, that will be the greatest day for Knicks fans I bet. I truly believe he's the root of all of the problems although I agree that D'Antoni should be fired
Dolan gives a #### about Knicks and spends money to try to win ,,, Isn't that what NY fans wanted?

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 05:40 PM
  #16
Muh
Beadle
 
Muh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sloatsburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Dolan gives a #### about Knicks and spends money to try to win ,,, Isn't that what NY fans wanted?
It is definetly what we wanted. Just not working out.

A lot of NYK fans voiced their displeasure with how much we gave up for Melo. I said to win in this league you need multiple superstars, so had no problem with the package we gave up. But we depleted our team, and these "superstar" players are not meshing together. I was wrong.

Muh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 02:03 AM
  #17
Zeus54
Trollololol
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: on tilt
Posts: 6,272
vCash: 500
Hard to win games when you build a team like you would in an NBA 2K video game.

Zeus54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 06:34 AM
  #18
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Dolan gives a #### about Knicks and spends money to try to win ,,, Isn't that what NY fans wanted?
Not when he buds in on operations. He forced the Melo trade, we might've been able to get him for no assets, or at the very least less than what we gave. He's fine as a hockey owner, because he knows nothing about the sport so he doesn't intrude.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:38 AM
  #19
davebenj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Not when he buds in on operations. He forced the Melo trade, we might've been able to get him for no assets, or at the very least less than what we gave. He's fine as a hockey owner, because he knows nothing about the sport so he doesn't intrude.
Pretty much this. There was also the strong rumor he wanted to bring Isiah back

davebenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:55 PM
  #20
Muh
Beadle
 
Muh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sloatsburg, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Not when he buds in on operations. He forced the Melo trade, we might've been able to get him for no assets, or at the very least less than what we gave. He's fine as a hockey owner, because he knows nothing about the sport so he doesn't intrude.
He may have forced the Melo trade, but like a lot of NY'ers he believed he needed Melo to win a championship in the near future.

We may have been able to get him for no assets-doubtful tho-, and the only way we give up less is if we kept Mozgov. Which doesn't seem like he would make up that much of a difference right now. Chandler and Gallo were definetly going the other way if this trade was getting done, and we didn't want to see Melo end up in NJ, so we pulled the trigger...And seemed to have shot ourselves.

Muh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 09:46 PM
  #21
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan
 
EpochLink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,016
vCash: 500
I saw on PTI today that there are Phil Jackson rumours making rounds

EpochLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 12:09 AM
  #22
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,683
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpochLink View Post
I saw on PTI today that there are Phil Jackson rumours making rounds
Phil's done, and they dont have the personnel to run the triangle. They are who they are, which is a mediocre-average basketball team. They might have a couple of nice players, but that wont get them anywhere. Carmelo and Amare cannot co-exist, they have no depth, and no help in sight. You think they are going to get Howard or Williams, not with who they have to offer at this time. Just when I thought that they finally learned their lesson, they go out and do the same crap. They had a chance to rebuild the team a couple of seasons ago, and decided to jump the gun just so they can get Anthony. Same ol Knicks Not that I dont mind, since Im a Heat fan.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 04:38 AM
  #23
PanthersPens62
#KidK
 
PanthersPens62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Miami
Country: United States
Posts: 7,075
vCash: 500
I doubt they win anything as long as D'Antoni is thier coach. How on earth do you attempt 43 three pointers in a game? Yeah, so they made 18 but they still lost by 10 to the Heatles. Definately worth a or 2.

PanthersPens62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 06:55 AM
  #24
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,683
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersPens62 View Post
I doubt they win anything as long as D'Antoni is thier coach. How on earth do you attempt 43 three pointers in a game? Yeah, so they made 18 but they still lost by 10 to the Heatles. Definately worth a or 2.
The 18 threes were what kept them in the game. I not surprised that they hit so many, since they attempted 43, and those 18 could have been a lot less if it wasnt for Walker hitting some ridiculous ones. That is definitely not D'Antoni's system either.

What I said before with Phil implies to D'Antoni as well, and that is that the Knicks dont have the personnel to run his offense either. Deron would help that next year, but one of Amare or Anthony would have to go, and I dont see Anthony going anywhere, even though Amare fits better into what D'Antoni wants to run. I think its irrelevant though, because I see the Knicks going with a new head coach by the start of next season.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 04:18 PM
  #25
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool
 
Colt45Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Mexico
Posts: 25,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
The Knicks play no defense. They need a new coach.
This! Mike D never got past the Spurs and the Western Conference Finals when he coached the Suns for this reason.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.