HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Star Fan Fair

Old
01-28-2012, 12:57 PM
jbeck5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellmuff96 View Post
I heard signing up for the 'fan pass' thing is a bit of a waste of time. Can anyone confirm that? As far as I can tell, it's just some ticket type thing that they print your name on. Kind of a cool souvenir I guess but worth the wait?
Worth the wait? You filled out some thing on a touch screen taking a total of 1 minute and 45 seconds. Then you wait another 18 seconds for it to be printed... And it gives you a chance to win

jbeck5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 01:00 PM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
I went to Fan Fest last night and found it disappointing. Got there around 7:30, expecting to stay until close but left around 9 out of boredom and not wanting to get further fleeced on over-priced crap beer. Looks like a great event if you have kids but as an adult I felt it lacking. It would have been cool if there were some players, or media guys, or heck, even mascots around but it seems like all the cool stuff ended early. Food was overpriced too and the entrance fee is a complete joke. Oh yeah, $3 to park your coat as well. $89 for 2 adults with food and 2 beers each. Should have saved my money for a Sens game.

I'm glad that the majority of posters here found it fun, but it's not an event for everyone. Not trying to be a downer, just wanted to share my experience.
If you went early, you'd see a lot more media guys, ex nhlers and current all stars... Going at a later time, all the players probably just want to eat and get drunk and wouldn't be there.

jbeck5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 03:24 PM
dmarc
SENS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellmuff96 View Post
I heard signing up for the 'fan pass' thing is a bit of a waste of time. Can anyone confirm that? As far as I can tell, it's just some ticket type thing that they print your name on. Kind of a cool souvenir I guess but worth the wait?
Not a waste at all, I won a Heritage jersey autographed by Bobby Butler yesterday, like instant scan prizes. So worth it

Went to FF Thursday night and Friday morning, did different things both days and I loved it, felt it was super well done

dmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Dick Whitman

Just got back from the FF, was there until 6 and it was fantastic! I had 0 interest in attending the skills competition or the all-star game, but being there got me all swept up in the excitement. Well done Sens and well done to the city of Ottawa for building a superb conference centre!

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 05:40 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
It was awesome! Lots of people!

Had to wait like half hour in line to get in, but it was well worth it. Trophies were cool to see up close. Tried some equipment, I could see myself as a future Sen

lots of cute honeys!

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 07:09 PM
SensForLife11

For anyone interested I wrote up a quick article today about my experience with the autograph sessions they had going over the three days http://senshot.com/2012/01/29/ottawa...rs/#more-10621

SensForLife11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 08:36 PM
kellmuff96

I was 3rd in line to meet Roenick yesterday. Was pretty badass! Told him he's an NHL 93 legend and he laughed big time

kellmuff96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2012, 08:39 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 50
My buddies and I were going to go yesterday, but they didn't want to wait in line and one of them said that it'd be open today (which I was 90% sure it wouldn't be).

01-30-2012, 12:29 PM
AlfieIsOurKing
Jumping Folignos!

I went all 3 days and it was amazing. Meeting Iginla Saturday morning was probably my favourite moment.

AlfieIsOurKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 12:37 PM
GoSensGo765
BELIEVE!

Fan Fair was an absolute blast, a hockey fan's heaven really. Got to do a bit of everything on Saturday as I was there from 1030 until 430. The game booths they had set up were great, maybe catered more to kids but I enjoyed the hardest shot and accuracy shooting, even did better than I expected. Beat my buddy in a game of NHL 12 in front of a decent crowd of people so that was fun. Stopped by the TSN and CBC desks to meet and get autographs from Dreger and Ward, than met Gerry Dee who's a super nice guy.

Big highlight was getting autographs from Perry, Iginla, Seguin, Roenick. Talked to JR for a little bit and he was very friendly and looked to be having a good time.

Had to wait in line for almost 2 hours to get a picture with the Cup, but was entirely worth it. Hadn't had a pic with the Cup since the Hall of Fame when I was 13, so I was due for another.

Ended up with a great photo album as well, 45 pics and being at the Congress Centre for the first time was quite enjoyable as well.

All in all, just a great event, I'm glad I got to go and spend so much time there since I missed out on the actual events at SBP.

Hope everyone had a great time!

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote