HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player movement thread (NHL Trade Deadline Feb. 27 -- all proposals, discussion here)

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2012, 05:58 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
. Nuclear option is now full go.

Old
02-14-2012, 06:01 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Aaron Portzline @Aportzline

Scouts on hand in Nationwide tonight for #CBJ vs. #STLBlues: TB, STL, DAL, COL, CAR, LAK, PITT, WASH (2).

There has got to be something going on with Washington.

Old
02-14-2012, 06:09 PM
GoJackets1
Someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
. Nuclear option is now full go.
Sadface..

As I said earlier today, it sounds like a good idea at first, but this is definitely going to sadden many people. Nash has essentially become the full image of the Columbus Blue Jackets, and his departure, even though some wont admit it, wont be as happy as some think. Im gonna miss him, and I hope for two things: He plays his ass off for the rest of the season, and I can meet him before he leaves, so I can thank him for everything he has done for the city and the team.

Old
02-14-2012, 06:11 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
Sadface..

As I said earlier today, it sounds like a good idea at first, but this is definitely going to sadden many people. Nash has essentially become the full image of the Columbus Blue Jackets, and his departure, even though some wont admit it, wont be as happy as some think. Im gonna miss him, and I hope for two things: He plays his ass off for the rest of the season, and I can meet him before he leaves, so I can thank him for everything he has done for the city and the team.
Agreed. I have been emotional all day about it. I am not usually an emotional guy, but losing Nash would probably be the second saddest moment in my sports life (for my teams.) And I want to meet Nash again too, because I want to do the same as you.

Old
02-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
If Nash does get moved, would you guys see a possibility of;

Price, Plekanec, Beaulieu (offensive-minded defenseman, think Subban-like) and the Habs 1st round pick this year?

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
02-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
You had me at Price.

Old
02-14-2012, 06:16 PM
CBJCougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Cover your ears Cougar.

Trade them all... If Cougar is still listening, feel free to keep Boll. Cover them up again...

Let Howson take the credit or hate for the deals. Keep our top prosepcts. Get as many top picks and top prospects as you can. Shed away as much salary as you can. Blow this crap up.

I'm tired of watching these guys. I don't care anymore who the best player is. I'm tired of listening to guys like Palinka (no offense). "He needs to be free to be effective" crap gets old. Learn to play in a system or go play in the KHL. We aren't your babysitters.

My patience is completely gone. Resign Priest and save us the anguish of watching you. Let the new guy decide Howson's fate.

Be done with this. For the rest of you, quit with the "stupid" comments before even seeing what the deal(s) is(are). We already know we don't like Howson. Most of us don't think much of him. You are thinking that he'll make deals you like? Suck it up, this is the brain trust we have working this deadline and off season. It's the hand we are dealt. Enjoy the ride.
Thanks Blah. I have been gone all day and come home to this...

*sighs* I am just sad it's come to this. I really love my boys.

But if you're gonna trade Nasher, send him to the Blueshirts, please trade him only to the Rangers.

Old
02-14-2012, 06:18 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post

Price, Plekanec, Beaulieu (offensive-minded defenseman, think Subban-like) and the Habs 1st round pick this year?
Deal

Old
02-14-2012, 06:18 PM
GoJackets1
Someday.

Quote:

Wait, is this a joke?

Old
02-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
The excitement of a new expansion team fueled attendance in those early years, Robert. As for the fan base, read comments on other sites, such as PuckRakers, to see how a Nash trade is being met by those perhaps less passionate about hockey, in general, than we are. Unless Sid or OV are on the way, general fandom will be less than pleased with a Nash trade, initially. Perhaps if the team meets immediate and substantial success, the mood will rebound, but who really expects that?

Fine? Better? Not right away, to be sure!
We will see...

Old
02-14-2012, 06:22 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

If Nash is moved I hope it allows both he and the Jackets to reach their full potential.

Old
02-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Wait, is this a joke?
I keep hearing that Columbus is looking for a starting goaltender, a centre in return for Nash, an A-level prospect and a draft pick. Unless they're wrong, this is the type of package I'd expect gets things done. What do you guys consider Columbus needing in return, so they can begin their rebuild?

Old
02-14-2012, 06:28 PM
GoJackets1
Someday.

Quote:
I keep hearing that Columbus is looking for a starting goaltender, a centre in return for Nash, an A-level prospect and a draft pick. Unless they're wrong, this is the type of package I'd expect gets things done. What do you guys consider Columbus needing in return, so they can begin their rebuild?
No, no, I would definitely accept that offer lol. Just that is about as much of an overpayment as you can get..

And I dare you to take this to the mains.

Old
02-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Two CBJ scouts were on hand Sunday for the Hershey Bears game. Hershey, of course, is Washington's AHL affiliate.

EIther that, or they wanted to pick up jerseys and socks that had Hershey Kisses on them. (Seriously, look them up)

Of course, look at who Washington's coach is, and who Nash's coach with London was.

Old
02-14-2012, 06:34 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
This thread is littered with opinion... I want a goaltender, he can be a current backup but he needs to be on the list of probable future starting goal tenders. I want a top offensive prospect if possible, I want a first round pick, and if possible a 3-4 defenseman. That is a lot but one must start high and negotiate to common ground.

Old
02-14-2012, 06:53 PM
GScott

Any deal for Nash needs to bring back a top pair defenseman. Anything less and he should not be moved. Everyone seems to place the value of Nash at a top roster player, prospect, and #1 pick. The rumored LA deal is just that. JJ (roster), Bernier (prospect), and a #1 pick. I'm sure I will get flamed for Bernier as a prospect but he has yet to play 50+ NHL games and assume the role of a #1 goalie.

Old
02-14-2012, 06:59 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
This thread is littered with opinion... I want a goaltender, he can be a current backup but he needs to be on the list of probable future starting goal tenders. I want a top offensive prospect if possible, I want a first round pick, and if possible a 3-4 defenseman. That is a lot but one must start high and negotiate to common ground.
Would you consider Budaj a probable future starter for the Blue Jackets?

Quote:
No, no, I would definitely accept that offer lol. Just that is about as much of an overpayment as you can get..

And I dare you to take this to the mains.
I'd get eaten alive by other Habs fans

Old
02-14-2012, 07:05 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Would you consider Budaj a probable future starter for the Blue Jackets?
Nope.

Old
02-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Nope.
Second

Old
02-14-2012, 07:18 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
What you proposed is perfectly fine.

Old
02-14-2012, 07:44 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Two CBJ scouts were on hand Sunday for the Hershey Bears game. Hershey, of course, is Washington's AHL affiliate.

EIther that, or they wanted to pick up jerseys and socks that had Hershey Kisses on them. (Seriously, look them up)

Of course, look at who Washington's coach is, and who Nash's coach with London was.
Idk, I just dont see Nash going to WSH. Plus it isnt on his list of teams. Carter otoh, is a prime fit. But what do we get back? I think I'd like Orlov for sure maybe both 1sts this year? Probably rather just keep him. Nash to LA for JJ Bernier and 1st meets both teams criteria. Especially since LA is one of Nash's acceptable trading destinations.

Old
02-14-2012, 07:50 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Idk, I just dont see Nash going to WSH. Plus it isnt on his list of teams. Carter otoh, is a prime fit. But what do we get back? I think I'd like Orlov for sure maybe both 1sts this year? Probably rather just keep him. Nash to LA for JJ Bernier and 1st meets both teams criteria. Especially since LA is one of Nash's acceptable trading destinations.
Maybe Carter for Neuvirth+Orlov/Carlson?

Old
02-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Maybe Carter for Neuvirth+Orlov/Carlson?
Well thats what I was originally thinking except that all these rumors about Nash has me thinking Carter might stay. I think Nash is shipped to La for JJ and Bernier plus cap dump or Voynov Bernier 1st and cap dump. Its hard to say considering we dont know what they are talking about. I'm interested to see if WSH wants Nash...we have been scouting each other HARD. Not sure whats going on...surely we cant get two young goalies right?

Old
02-14-2012, 09:28 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Aaron Portzline @Aportzline

Scouts on hand in Nationwide tonight for #CBJ vs. #STLBlues: TB, STL, DAL, COL, CAR, LAK, PITT, WASH (2).

If they were scouting Nash, they saw him play as physical a game as I've ever seen out of him - he was really throwing his weight around!

Old
02-14-2012, 09:31 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
If they were scouting Nash, they saw him play as physical a game as I've ever seen out of him - he was really throwing his weight around!
P*ssed me off, honestly.

Closed Thread