HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Evander Kane

Old
01-26-2012, 10:59 AM
ICdave
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Evander Kane

We broke it up into two parts.

Part 1

Part 2

As always guys we welcome comments both on here and on IC.com

ICdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
Kane will probably use Duchene and Tavares as a better scale for his salary talk. Tavares is getting 5.5 AAV and I don't think Duchene will get anything less than 5 per. That being said Kane will probably be 4.8 X 4 to get him into UFA

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Turris would be a comparable situation but he'll get more money.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:01 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
Kane will probably use Duchene and Tavares as a better scale for his salary talk. Tavares is getting 5.5 AAV and I don't think Duchene will get anything less than 5 per. That being said Kane will probably be 4.8 X 4 to get him into UFA
I UFA not until you are 27?

If that is the case a 6 yr deal (I believe) would be needed.

He is only 20 right now.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
I UFA not until you are 27?

If that is the case a 6 yr deal (I believe) would be needed.

He is only 20 right now.
It's 27 or 7 years in the NHL I think. So he only has 4 years left as he's in his 3rd year.

That being said, I wouldn't give him a 4 year deal to let him walk as a UFA. A 2 or 3 year deal would be good, and then both the team and Kane could figure out if a long term contract was desirable at that point.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
It's 27 or 7 years in the NHL I think. So he only has 4 years left as he's in his 3rd year.

That being said, I wouldn't give him a 4 year deal to let him walk as a UFA. A 2 or 3 year deal would be good, and then both the team and Kane could figure out if a long term contract was desirable at that point.
Prepare to overpay short term, at least 5 mil per X 2-3 years and then move from there. By giving him a 2 year deal, they keep the option of taking him to arbitration once available right? That would be prior to his 2nd to last RFA year.

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
Prepare to overpay short term, at least 5 mil per X 2-3 years and then move from there. By giving him a 2 year deal, they keep the option of taking him to arbitration once available right? That would be prior to his 2nd to last RFA year.
Not sure about the whole arbitration thing. For some reason I thought he couldn't go to arbitration if it was a 2 year deal but could if it was a 3. Something along the lines of a 3 year deal taking him 1 year away from UFA making him arbitration eligible?

Someone else will have to provide the details on the arbitration angle. I don't know all the details on that.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Fire Julien

vCash: 1340
4m * 3 or 4 years. More than that would be too much.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Toydarian

I say 3.5M for 3 years.
Gives Kane a few years to develop into the player everyone knows he will become. Gives WPG 1 more RFA year at the end of his contract.

Toydarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 02:06 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post

You are right.

I forgot about the 7 years in stuff.

Thanks

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 04:09 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Evander Kane

Quote:
Some wiseguy hears a rumour and takes a sign to a hockey game slandering Kane. Someone else takes a picture of the sign and puts it on Twitter and whoosh -- the whole thing catches fire. Websites, Facebook pages and Twitter accounts repeated rumour after rumour about Kane on Saturday with no evidence to support the claims. Posts became so inflammatory on the Free Press website Saturday night the comments section was shut down.

Disgusting is only one way to describe it.

The offending sign first appeared at a Jets game in Ottawa last week: "Dear Evander: Please stop walking out on your bills. Sincerely, Winnipeg servers and restauranteurs."

Kane posted the picture on his Twitter account with the message, "Ha, Ha. What a complete lie this is but I really like the colours on the poster."
Quote:
The Jets were refusing comment on Saturday, but in making calls to Winnipeg restaurants I was able to learn that NHL security had conducted an investigation into the matter. A Jets executive confirmed this and stated the investigation came up empty. The folks in the restaurant business that I spoke with had good things to say about Kane.

"Evander has been here a number of times and is a perfect gentleman," said Jim Armstrong, manager of 529 Wellington.

Earls Restaurants responded to a text by saying Kane has never been a problem and is a frequent and welcome visitor, along with a number of the Jets.

No real surprise there, as walking out of a restaurant without paying is against the law and if Kane had ever really done it we would expect to read about it on page A3 of the Free Press.
Quote:
Back in October Kane's so-called business manager -- not to be confused with his very reputable agent, Craig Oster -- approached Winnipeg restaurants asking for cash in exchange for endorsement tweets from the player.

The Free Press researched the story, got confirmation and printed it.

In this most recent instance, the Free Press did the same thing and produced establishments willing to go on the record to refute the rumours. None would confirm the accusations of the as yet anonymous sign maker.
Quote:
Mistakes are to be expected but not invented. Accusations, such as walking out on a bill, need to be substantiated.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...137844063.html

Last edited by SnS: 01-26-2012 at 05:21 PM.
KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 04:10 PM
The Hockey Life
HF Boards Partner

Not a chance, Kane is going to be a very strong player. Unless WPG gets an unreal return it wont happen.

The Hockey Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 04:43 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
So if it's on a sign it must be true? If so, you won't believe some of the stuff that I know for a fact because I saw it on a sign.
Anyways, I don't care if he is a jerk, he plays good hockey. Kane and Ladd to CHI plz.

Last edited by SnS: 01-26-2012 at 05:23 PM.
zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 04:53 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

This article should also be linked in the OP. It conclusively refutes almost every rumor about Kane:

Quote:
Some wiseguy hears a rumour and takes a sign to a hockey game slandering Kane. Someone else takes a picture of the sign and puts it on Twitter and whoosh -- the whole thing catches fire. Websites, Facebook pages and Twitter accounts repeated rumour after rumour about Kane on Saturday with no evidence to support the claims. Posts became so inflammatory on the Free Press website Saturday night the comments section was shut down.

Disgusting is only one way to describe it.

The offending sign first appeared at a Jets game in Ottawa last week: "Dear Evander: Please stop walking out on your bills. Sincerely, Winnipeg servers and restauranteurs."

Kane posted the picture on his Twitter account with the message, "Ha, Ha. What a complete lie this is but I really like the colours on the poster."
Quote:
The Jets were refusing comment on Saturday, but in making calls to Winnipeg restaurants I was able to learn that NHL security had conducted an investigation into the matter. A Jets executive confirmed this and stated the investigation came up empty. The folks in the restaurant business that I spoke with had good things to say about Kane.

"Evander has been here a number of times and is a perfect gentleman," said Jim Armstrong, manager of 529 Wellington.

Earls Restaurants responded to a text by saying Kane has never been a problem and is a frequent and welcome visitor, along with a number of the Jets.

No real surprise there, as walking out of a restaurant without paying is against the law and if Kane had ever really done it we would expect to read about it on page A3 of the Free Press.
Quote:
Back in October Kane's so-called business manager -- not to be confused with his very reputable agent, Craig Oster -- approached Winnipeg restaurants asking for cash in exchange for endorsement tweets from the player.

The Free Press researched the story, got confirmation and printed it.

In this most recent instance, the Free Press did the same thing and produced establishments willing to go on the record to refute the rumours. None would confirm the accusations of the as yet anonymous sign maker.
Quote:
Mistakes are to be expected but not invented. Accusations, such as walking out on a bill, need to be substantiated.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...137844063.html

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter

If Evander gets traded, the Winnepeg Jets organization has made a HUGE mistake.

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 05:08 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSwede21 View Post
If Evander gets traded, the Winnepeg Jets organization has made a HUGE mistake.
Why? Trading a cancer is always a good thing and if they do trade him, I think his staunchest supporters will say it has 100% nothing to do with his play.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Klaus
Teemu!

vCash: 801
He's not going anywhere

Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 05:28 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

I cleaned this thread up, if you guys want to discuss the value of Evander. Go right ahead, but please don't get into the argument again.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 06:53 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1235
I would like to see the Jets do the exact same thing with Kane as they did with Bogosian. Sign him for a 2 year "show me what you can do" contract. After that you still have 2 years left of RFA which gives the Jets a lot of room. He would likely demand a little more than Bogo, but not much, as his options would be limited, and no one would likely give him a crazy offer sheet at that time.

In hindsight this will likely work out very well for Bogo. If he keeps on the same developmental rate, he will be able to demand a monster contract after next season. I would like to see Kane do the same.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
I'll give you Ryan and a 2nd

Having Kane mentor the Etem line will be magical.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Dharvey33

He is one of the rare players that i would trade Subban straight up for but the jets need more Kane than they need Subban. I think it's fair value tough maybe add a pick with Subban.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 07:59 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

what does Winnipeg need?

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 07:59 PM
rymr66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
I'll give you Ryan and a 2nd

Having Kane mentor the Etem line will be magical.
call me crazy, but if we could get that deal and ryan signed long term, i would definitely take that deal and run with it. but unless we get something like that in return for kane, i would prefer to try to keep him and build our forward core around him. kane has got some serious talent, and players that talented don't grow on trees, especially in winnipeg.

rymr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
what does Winnipeg need?
Top 6 wingers.

Their current big need is at right wing but if Kane is traded then they also need to fill that position at left wing too.

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Another value of thread? There's one already going

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote