1. New stable wealthy ownership which will spend to the cap
2. The young forwards learn how to finish significantly better, scoring twice as many goals as before.
3. Blues win at LEAST 2 playoff series
1. Stillman's group purchases Blues giving us a long-term prosperous and reliable local ownership.
2. Blues play their hearts out in playoffs, and advance to at least the Western Conference Finals.
3. Steen/McDonald make a miraculous return and our offense/powerplay fires on all cylinders.
1. Berglund and Stewart play like they did the 2nd half for Bergy and when Stewy came over in the trade.
2. Keep improving the PP and finish more in the dirty areas
3. Get into the playoffs and make a Cup run (go big or go home!)
P.S. The NHL is terrible at making a schedule, if anybody didn't notice by now.
I really thought watching the latest Detroit loss that the Blues are hardworking and have some above average players, but the Wings have next level players that can take over games. Obviously there's only one Datsyuk, but I am tempted to wish we'd package a couple younger players for a Parise or another player that's proven that they have another level. Teams and fans tend to overvalue their own prospects. Starting to wonder if the Berglund we see is the Berglund we are going to see. Also, I feel like we have gotten by with this defensive group thanks to system that asks the forwards to commit fully to backchecking, but having a true shutdown D-man eating 20 mins a game might actually allow us to open up our offense a little bit. Plus I think Pietrangelo is starting to get exposed a bit as teams learn his game and needs a more solid partner than Carlo.