HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chicago-Montreal

Old
01-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Horrendous for Hawks

Overated dman who neglects his D to make big hit and takes stupid penalties

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 07:40 PM
sparxx87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Horrendous for Hawks

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 08:30 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
For an Xth time, I'm relieved you're not the Habs GM.
Why? If we're rebulding, why not? Olsen projects as a solid stay-at-home type guy. Saad is someone who I really wanted in the draft last year. And a 1st round pick (even if low) is always nice. Combine both our 1st rounders and we could potentially move up a few spots into the Top-2.

Olsen, Saad, and a Top-3 pick would be excellent. Subban is great, don't get me wrong, but that's an elite player return.

And I could care less if you're glad I'm not GM. Of course you are. We'd still have Halak and D'Agostini if I were around. The horror.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Why? If we're rebulding, why not? Olsen projects as a solid stay-at-home type guy. Saad is someone who I really wanted in the draft last year. And a 1st round pick (even if low) is always nice. Combine both our 1st rounders and we could potentially move up a few spots into the Top-2.

Olsen, Saad, and a Top-3 pick would be excellent. Subban is great, don't get me wrong, but that's an elite player return.

And I could care less if you're glad I'm not GM. Of course you are. We'd still have Halak and D'Agostini if I were around. The horror.
I would like that were it the return for Subban. But I'm glad we got Eller instead of Halak. Halak played out of his mind, I don't see him capable of that consistently.

But I have to say that you would be a better choice than Gauthier....wait. Can you speak french?

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:25 PM
veedubn1

Quote:

Olsen, Saad, and a Top-3 pick would be excellent. Subban is great, don't get me wrong, but that's an elite player return. And I could care less if you're glad I'm not GM. Of course you are. We'd still have Halak and D'Agostini if I were around. The horror.
What you're suggesting is Subban and your first rounder (top 10) for Olsen, Saad and a top 3 pick... not Olsen, Saaid and a top 3 pick for Subban.

Why would a rebuilding team trade away a good player who is only 22 years old? I'd be moving everyone other than Price, Subban and Patches. Pleks would be able to get you a nice package from the right team.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 09:29 PM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Horrendous for Hawks

He doesnt neglect his D to make big hit. Maybe last year.

I agree he taked a lot of penalties thought.

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 10:04 PM
shao01

Quote:

If the Habs is rebuilding they can do better. If I was Gauthier I'd want something like Beach+1st+2nd/prospect for Subban, not like the Hawks will do it but that's what it would take for me. Subban is having a sophomore slump along with a whole lot of people struggling on the Habs, that's all it is. The Habs do not have many players with star potential, Subban is one of them. They would be wise to hang on to players like Subban, Eller, Pacioretty imo

shao01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 12:54 AM
brevard*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shao01 View Post
If the Habs is rebuilding they can do better. If I was Gauthier I'd want something like Beach+1st+2nd/prospect for Subban, not like the Hawks will do it but that's what it would take for me. Subban is having a sophomore slump along with a whole lot of people struggling on the Habs, that's all it is. The Habs do not have many players with star potential, Subban is one of them. They would be wise to hang on to players like Subban, Eller, Pacioretty imo
Done!! LOL that you want Beach and a 2nd instead of Saad and Olsen. Just admit you don't follow the game all that closely.

As to the OP's proposal, ... Fans of teams always say to get this guy or that guy you will have to overpay. Well the OP definitely does this. I don't think anyone familiar doesn't have Olsen pencilled in as a defensively solid 2nd pairing guy and Saad should be top 6 and maybe 1st line. ... Then we also add a 1st.
As a Hawk fan I think I do it but it sure is a lot to give up for a guy who will be on the 2nd pair in Chicago. I guess if you want to win now you pay with futures.

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 01:24 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 steps View Post
Ugh, I know this is going to over great, but I think PK Subban is actually what the Hawks need to get more physical/active on defense.

To

PK Subban

To

Brandon Saad
Dylan Olsen
2012 1st
Subban is not what we need. We need to get bigger and more physical.. having a high-risk, high-reward player like Subban is pretty much the opposite of what we need right now.

The Subban to Chicago deals need to stop, this is the 2nd one where Chicago gets bent over.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 02:08 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
What you're suggesting is Subban and your first rounder (top 10) for Olsen, Saad and a top 3 pick... not Olsen, Saaid and a top 3 pick for Subban.

Why would a rebuilding team trade away a good player who is only 22 years old? I'd be moving everyone other than Price, Subban and Patches. Pleks would be able to get you a nice package from the right team.
No, what I was suggesting was taking the OP's deal.

Moving the what, 28th overall pick + say the 7th overall pick for the #3 overall pick and like the #100 overall pick or something at the draft.

So in the end the deal would be (draftees from a random mock draft);

Subban + 1st rounder (Gaunce) for 1st rounder (Grigorenko) + Olsen + Saad + 4th round pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I would like that were it the return for Subban. But I'm glad we got Eller instead of Halak. Halak played out of his mind, I don't see him capable of that consistently.

But I have to say that you would be a better choice than Gauthier....wait. Can you speak french?
I'd rather have Eller than a backup goalie too (I wanted Eller in the draft) but I think that Price would have gotten us a little more (Maybe Eller + a 1st rounder??). I don't think the margin between Halak/Price is as big as their value is, so I would of traded the goalie who gave us the best value back.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 02:22 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

I did'nt read all post.

We get screwed again on a Chicago trade.

Reality is, if you want either Plekanec, Subban paccioretty.
You don't give "prospects".

Why should we set back our franchise 2-3 years when next year is really the future ?

And all the CH fans saying it's a good trade

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 04:13 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

i didn't like the trade the last time montreal sent it's best young defenseman to chicago, still don't like the idea now

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 04:44 AM
Royal Canuck
Go Jumbo Joe!

vCash: 814
Don't like this trade AT ALL.

Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 06:50 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

not really interested in this. We already have Seabs, Keith and Leddy for the offense.

Saad: will be Top9 player
Olsen: already #6 DMen
1st is a 1st but guys who bust get less and less with scouting getting better and better

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 07:42 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBBMACBRUINS View Post
Say Subban is on the block What does Montreal fans want in return from chicago?
Duncan Keith.

Basically were not moving Subban for anything less than a massive overpayment.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:40 AM
krazyhawk

Send a message via MSN to krazyhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Duncan Keith.

Basically were not moving Subban for anything less than a massive overpayment.
Which means "you" won't be moving him then.His dirty,undisciplined play has gotten him fined by the league and benched by his coach.His poor decision making and untimely turnovers have cost his team goals and/or games.While he has shown lots of good things too,he has a long way to go before any team will overpay for him never mind massively overpay.

krazyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:44 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Ugh, I know this is going to over great, but I think PK Subban is actually what the Hawks need to get more physical/active on defense.

To

PK Subban

To

Brandon Saad
Dylan Olsen
2012 1st
The value is ok but I don't see the Habs doing that. I don't see Subban going anywhere, but if he was to move we'd have to be getting an established young NHLer.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:50 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyhawk View Post
Which means "you" won't be moving him then.His dirty,undisciplined play has gotten him fined by the league and benched by his coach.His poor decision making and untimely turnovers have cost his team goals and/or games.While he has shown lots of good things too,he has a long way to go before any team will overpay for him never mind massively overpay.
On the other side of the equation.

He's 22 years old.
Leading the team in ice time.
Is forced to play against every other team's best line... and is even in +/- despite being on a bad team.
Is still on pace for about 35 pts as a 22 year old.

For player so young, their is a ton of room for him to fix the mistakes he makes.

So thats fine, if their is no massive overpayment, Montreal will just keep him.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:51 AM
BBH
Who's our backup?

vCash: 615
Quote:

To

PK Subban

To

Brandon Saad
Dylan Olsen
2012 1st
We are not giving up Saad. Period. Not saying PK's not what we need, but at the price of Saad? No thank you.

BBH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 08:52 AM
BBH
Who's our backup?

vCash: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I did'nt read all post.

We get screwed again on a Chicago trade.

Reality is, if you want either Plekanec, Subban paccioretty.
You don't give "prospects".

Why should we set back our franchise 2-3 years when next year is really the future ?

And all the CH fans saying it's a good trade
I just think we can't give away Saad, our most promising Juniors prospect.

BBH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 12:36 PM
Clipitar

Quote:

While I most certainly respect your passion and your dedication to these boards, I just see you too often throwing away Habs' best assets for low-to-fair value. You always seem to be willing to part ways with guys like Price & Subban for depth improvements. While some of these deals do bring interesting assets to the Habs, players of Price and Subban's mold are exactly what the team should hang onto.

Saad might be a good forward, Olsen might be a good stay-at-home D, the low 1st might turn into a decent prospect. All this doesn't matter because we know how high Subban's ceiling is and we need his starpower upside in the long run more than any depth improvement.

While you seem to be preaching some kind of a rebuild strategy which I highly agree with, I think it is really counterproductive to trade away cornerstones that are in their early 20's, unless you're actually improving these positions. The proper way to rebuild IMO is to trade away good veterans who are not absolutely needed in the long term yet can help a serious contender in the playoffs and net a return of young players, prospects and/or picks. Not someone like Subban who's still RFA for many years and is only 22.

And your example of a top-3 pick is mere speculation. Montreal's own 1st rounder might get close to that anyway. And even if Saad, Olsen & a late 1st rounder sounds like an elite return, Montreal simply needs the elite player more.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2012, 01:06 PM
projexns
Welcome Back Jets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The value is ok but I don't see the Habs doing that. I don't see Subban going anywhere, but if he was to move we'd have to be getting an established young NHLer.
This is HFBoards. How dare you ask for NHL players in return for your best young NHL defenceman ????

projexns is offline   Reply With Quote